Corsair Community

Discuss Link Release Candidate v2.7.5339 here

Technobeard

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 64bit upto date.

3. Second GPU not showing up and H80i pump showing up twice once as fan.

4. After installing my second GPU that I just got back I uninstalled Corsair link removed the profile as needed. I then re installed the v2.7.5339 version and restarted my PC. After restarting my PC everything shows up except my second GPU. Crossfire is on and it shows up everywhere else. Is anyone else having this issue? Also the H80i pump has showed up again as the Motherboard CPU Aux Fan is there anyway to remove it from Corsair Link?

5. http://f.cl.ly/items/0u021D2J2G122y3E2m19/1%20GPU%20missing.jpg

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When looking at the fan and pump info in the task bar any chance of actually organising it so that the Corsair H80i fans are at the top. They are all mixed up and it makes it hard to see what preset it is running at.

The last version was great how it only had the fans of the H80i so it was quick and easy to change between Quiet, Balanced and Performance Mode, now it's just confusing.

Perhaps have the corsair fans at the top with a spacing after them to separate and make it clear. Currently they are all mixed up which is not good at all!

1. Link v2.7.5339

2. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

3. H80i not recognized by link

4. Previously running Link v2.4.5110 and H80i was recognised and controllable. Followed uninstall process (remove profile folder, cold boot etc.) before installing v2.7.5339. Prompted to update H80i firmware from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. Updated successfully and cold boot again. None of the H80i sensors are displayed in Link - Pump, Temp, Fan1, Fan2, LED - Therefore cannot control the H80i at all and it is stuck on it's default settings that were applied when the firmware was updated. The only good thing is that I can now see my motherboard fan and temperature sensors, which was the reason for installing v2.7.5339 as 5110 did not show these. (Also, 5339 is behaving exactly the same as 5145 when I tried it.)

Having rolled back to v2.4.5110 I notice a problem with the 1.0.7 firmware: The LED colours can be set correctly but when the PC resumes from standby or restarts the set colour turns whitish, i.e. deep blue --> pale blue, and has to be manually set again to the correct colour. Rolling back to the 1.0.5 firmware resolves this.

I will make another attempt at 5339 to try and identify a USB conflict and gain control of the H80i. Just hoping the 1.0.7 LED colour issue doesn't remain as that will force me to stay with 5110 until a further update is released.

Having rolled back to v2.4.5110 I notice a problem with the 1.0.7 firmware: The LED colours can be set correctly but when the PC resumes from standby or restarts the set colour turns whitish, i.e. deep blue --> pale blue, and has to be manually set again to the correct colour. Rolling back to the 1.0.5 firmware resolves this.

I will make another attempt at 5339 to try and identify a USB conflict and gain control of the H80i. Just hoping the 1.0.7 LED colour issue doesn't remain as that will force me to stay with 5110 until a further update is released.

Ok so, I repeated the uninstallation of 5110 and installation of 5339 inexactly the same way except this time I unplugged all USB devices between the two (except a wireless Logitech mouse). Firmware was updated to 1.0.7 as requested and the system rebooted.

Result = All H80i sensors present and correct.

Most motherboard sensors also present. (Only missing the fan connected to the PWR header. Instead link is showing a sensor it thinks is a GPU power node, value = 0.0W)

The H80i LED is also the correct colour - not whitish. (LED is set to change on coolant temp.)

Next I plugged the USB devices back into the same ports they were before. I did this one at a time with a cold boot between each. After plugging them all back in the H80i was still visible in Link so it appears that whichever one was conflicting it was only an issue when installing Link, after which there was no problem. TIP: Unplug all unnecessary USB devices before installing Link.

List of USB devices:

Logitech MX Revolution mouse (not unplugged)

Logitech Z-10 speakers

Logitech Quickcam (can't recall model #)

Logitech F310 gamepad

I only see two issues so far which I will post separately in the requested format.

1. Link v2.7.5339

3. H80i LED colour defaults to red every time the Link GUI is opened or a profile is selected.

4. I have the LED set to change on the temperature of the H80i coolant; blue>green>red. Upon system boot or resume from standby the LED colour changes as expected. When Link is opened the LED immediately changes to red (255,0,0). Just clicking on the LED sensor in Link returns it to temperature mode and the correct colour is displayed. Closing Link requests to save changes to the profile. Doing so is successful and the H80i LED continues to operate as expected.

5. See images. CPU has been running at 100% all cores for hours and is at 49C so LED returns to green, the mid range of the setting.

1420314030_OpenLink.thumb.JPG.8ba002da5a216acc3dc9315e802b543c.JPG

384012952_ClickonLED.thumb.JPG.7d7bb59f34a2487b517276e3ab79ef2a.JPG

1. Link v2.7.5339

3. Window / Icon positions not retained in profile correctly.

4. I have a profile saved with the window maximized on my second monitor. Loading this profile displayed the window maximized on my first monitor, which is larger, therefore the icons are not in the correct positions for the case graphic. Dragging the window to the second monitor and maximizing the window causes the icons to bunch together in the top left of the window.

5. See images. A workaround for this behaviour is to have two identical profiles saved. Clicking on the other profile returns the icons to their correct positions. (In my case this then defaults the LED to red so I have to then click on the LED sensor as in my previous post.)

1617178535_Openonmonitor1.thumb.JPG.2600bc0c5e09f0b79a61b91fc2e19702.JPG

1535096865_Dragtomonitor2.thumb.JPG.087c95972f7a0780ad891a5ec5eb53ce.JPG

878505281_Maximizeonmonitor2.thumb.JPG.d881868b7446d161395b378f0b3f393d.JPG

Is anyone able to show more than one GPU in this version?

Crossfire-X works for me. However, AMD has implemented ULPS Ultra low power saving), so the 2nd GPU will not be there whenever workload calling for the 2nd card isn't present. You can disable ULPS to correct this.

It works great now if you like the number ZERO! The only numbers working are coming from my quality built motherboard. Take a hint! Try testing in Windows 8.1 !

It worked okay, until I had to go away. I saved the profile, closed the Link display; it was still running in background, shut down my PC, leaving the PSU ON.

When I came back and turned the PC ON, I had NO H100i icons, NO case fan icons. I rebooted twice. I unplugged the USB 2,0 header for the Mini, rebooted, plugged it back in, rebooted, and still nothing.

I got to the progress of this picture by un-installing and re-installing the software, rebooting and playing the USB 2.0 plug Game twice more, SO NOW I have the original MB numbers and the Case Fan & H100i Icons,

BUT NO Temperatures. What a system! What a Shame!

1632374497_NN-Non-workingLinkVersion2-7-5339-SystemPicture-2014-09-07.thumb.png.61419a527e7925c78a6f54748aa879ef.png

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 64bit

3. H80i fans and pump not displaying info in Corsair Link.

4. I noticed my PC fans were a bit louder than usual and after trying to switch to quiet mode in the task bar and not hearing any difference I decided to look at opening the Corsair Link window to see what was happening.

I could then see why my fans were not slowing down after changing the preset mode of the Corsair Link in the task bar. Nothing from the H80i was showing up in the window of the Corsair Link and the data was missing from the talk bar under fan and pump info as well.

I tried a few things that didn't help. I quit Corsair Link and ended the process in Task manager and restarted it and it was still not working as seen in the picture.

I then restarted my PC thinking that that would fix it but after rebooting it was still the same.

The only thing that finally got the H80i dials to start working again was to go the the options in Corsair Link then the general tab and then select reset to default. Only after resetting to default did the H80i dials and stats start working I then just re applied my profile to get it back to the way I had it before.

Just to be safe I created a new profile and deleted the old in case that profile was corrupted.

Hope this helps someone else in this predicament.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1F3r3M3a2x0h1f1w0O2b/No%20H80i%20activity.jpg

1. Link v2.7.5339

3. Group numbers not displayed correctly next to sensor icons

4. The little circle top right of the sensor icon is only large enough to contain one digit. When there are more than 9 groups the text overlaps the edge. The circle (or text) should scale accordingly. Example in image attached.

Yes, I know this is minor compared some of the issues but it is important to log all problems.

BTW - What happened to the Restart Service button from v2.4.5110? It was really useful just to click that when the sensors froze. Now I have close and reload Link. Bring it back please!

263049663_OpenLink.thumb.JPG.a9cf3f6b3d8050652b6aa6d074076bf9.JPG

Bugs: Link commander Mini only shows temp sensor 4 as 0 degrees and no other sensors....

Running latest and greatest (not) RC software advertised on your website. Figure it out. or returning. totally disappointed

Yes it's a bug in 1.1.5. Get the previous version of the link software and downgrade the mini firmware to 1.1.0 - which fixes that problem - until they release a newer firmware. 1.1.5 is a load of rubbish.

1. Link v2.7.5339

3. HDD temperatures do not update after Link first loads.

4. The HDD temperatures are updated to the correct values when Link first loads. After that they no longer update. As temperatures rises, they remain the same. If the system is resumed from standby they retain the same values, although the actual temperatures are now lower - This is the case in the attached images.

The only way to update the HDD temps is to exit Link completely and reload it.

Back in v2.4.5110 there was a 'Restart Service' button on the Options tab. Clicking this would bring any sensors that occasionally froze in that version back to life.

Unfortunately that button no longer exists in v2.7.5339. Bring it back please!!!

I am wanting to buy a Commander Mini and use it to control the case fan speed in front of the HDD cage in response to the HDD temp, but clearly this is not going to work if the temps do not update.

Thought: Life would be sweet if Corsair Link integrated with HWiNFO.

113489572_LinkHDDtempsatresume.thumb.JPG.6b4f091051818caa67a1d12e29eed666.JPG

1665085580_HWiNFOHDDtempsatresume.JPG.714465aa0b411775a0e2db0ab540f087.JPG

1. Using Link v2.7.5339

2. Using Win 7 64bit Enterprise Edition

3. After rebooting the software no longer loads and if manually started it crashes.

4. I have 2 H100i's and the AX1200i installed. Device manager recognizes all devices and has no problems. Once corsair link is installed and told to open at that time it works just fine. However once I reboot it no longer loads at start up and if manually ran it will crash. Attached are Windows error logs for the software and my system specs.

09-09-2014-11-38-52-PM.txt

09-10-2014-01-16-52-AM.txt

09-10-2014-08-02-25-AM.txt

1077064643_SystemSummary.JPG.632921ce4c9495044a2c37163536dbf5.JPG

1. Using Link v2.7.5339

2. Using Win 7 64bit Enterprise Edition

3. After rebooting the software no longer loads and if manually started it crashes.

4. I have 2 H100i's and the AX1200i installed. Device manager recognizes all devices and has no problems. Once corsair link is installed and told to open at that time it works just fine. However once I reboot it no longer loads at start up and if manually ran it will crash. Attached are Windows error logs for the software and my system specs.

try removing the corsair profile from %appdata%\corsair and try again... sometimes it gets corrupted and doing a fresh clean profile solves my issue. Back up your folder first just to be safe.

Happy computing!

Not in luck using this version of corsair link either.

My H100i and Ax1200i not detected at all despite editing the registry. AND setting the USB legacy mode in bios to disabled.

Previous version works fine: beta 2.6.2514 (with the simple registry edit).

Suggest all users to avoid this v2.7.5339 "RC" altogether until corsair has sorted out all the mess.

I keep losing my settings. I have done a fresh install, I deleted

C:\Users\Build\AppData\Roaming\Corsair profile before I install the software

It works fine but after a random number of times switching on my PC which is less then 5 times. My settings are lost and it re-detects all my fans again and creates duplicate groups. Then the same thing happens again and again.

Version 2.1.7 works fine I see the xml save is not encrypted (later versions are encrypted is that my problem?).

I want to use newer version. Why does it the newer version keep losing settings ? ? ? ? ?

Why is the xlm encrypted.

Thanks for any help.

ASUS Z97i Plus, Haswell i7-4770k, Windows 7 64 Bit, Ati 280x, NOD32 AV

hello I have just installed latest link software I downloaded v2.7.5339. did a clean install and restart. started the install on windows 8.1 installed and restarted corsair link opened. then Norton opened up saying. a program was behaving suspiciously on your computer. this program was removed

corsairlink.exe and cpuz137 was removed never had this problem before with the link software I know of false positives so I think this needs sorting out thanks

Yes it's a bug in 1.1.5. Get the previous version of the link software and downgrade the mini firmware to 1.1.0 - which fixes that problem - until they release a newer firmware. 1.1.5 is a load of rubbish.

FYI to all readers, this is not a valid solution. If you have Corsair AXi powersupply reverting to the downgraded link software and firmware for the link commander mini make you lose connectivity to your powersupply and after reboots will register all devices at ZERO or no information.

Returning this product directly to Corsair where i bought it from. Disgusting experience.

Archived