Corsair Community

Discuss Link Release Candidate v2.7.5339 here

Technobeard

1. v2.7.5339

2. Win 8.1 pro

3. AX1500i and h100i are connected to the mini. The mini will see the h100i only on the FIRST install of the link software. If I reboot, mini loses the ability to detect the fans/probes/pump connected to the h100i. Link software has to be reinstalled and registry has to be completely cleaned in order for the mini to detect the h100i. This happens every single time the system is restarted.

4.Link working after the FIRST install.

Link doesnt detect the H100i connected to the mini on subsequent reboots.

isnt ax 1500 fanspeed @1000 rpm noisy for you?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Detects everything except H100i

Still not detecting my H100i.

3. My H100I isn't detected by Corsair Link

Only a few of many many of the same complaints, corsair cooler monitoring and control software can't even see corsairs own cooling hardware - words fail me just how amateur, incompetent and absolutely horrendous these jokers are, you couldn't code software this bad if you tried your hardest

--

Change Log

Fan control on H80i/H100i works on all selectable options. <<<<<< WRONG

CPU usage over time addressed for all platforms.

Logging on multiple devices at once enhanced.

H80i/H100i detection issues on some platforms running Win 8/8.1. <<<<<<<< YOU MEAN YOU ADDED A DETECTION ISSUE?

Boot up .Net framework error addressed.

Start minimized option setting retained after restart.

Maximum Celsius degree for “custom curve” has been changed to 90c.

I guess I screwed myself posting that things work. The next time I rebooted after I posted that, the readings from the Ax1200i started coming in fits and then just staying perfectly steady for random amounts of time before updating again.

I quit being your beta tester. I just don't have the time. I have uninstalled CL, and unplugged the mini from my motherboard so it just powers fans on high now.

There are issues with this release that need to be addressed. I'm currently debating between trying to "revert" back to the previous setup and version of software, leaving the Mini just powering fans, or just saying screw CL altogether, and start taking my money elsewhere when I need new stuff.

5-9%

Thanks for the info. I'll disable the CorsairLink software for now and keep trying it when as it gets updated.

My idle dropped about 4% after I removed the H100i from my Corsair Link loop, and from 7-10% after removing the software altogether.

If this guy knows what he is talking about:

Just getting 2.7 out now and polished up. 2.8 has not even started yet. 3.0 is pretty far off.

Then you guys need to change plans and start 3.0 NOW, or there won't be anyone willing to give you money by the time you get out a software that actually works.

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

3. Fan Profiles not running correctly at windows startup. LED color not retained.

4. Updated from v2.4.5110 to v2.7.5339. H100i firmware updated from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7. I am using two Corsair SP120's PWM connected directly to the H100i. Upon windows startup, Corsair Link shows the appropriate profile loaded but the Fans stay at minimum speed regardless of temperature or Corsair Link Profile loaded at startup. I have to manually select a profile for the fans to become dynamic again. However, it does seem to remember the Maximum Speed Mode. Red (255,0,0) LED color not retained as well. Followed install directions exactly with one additional step(see below). Previous version worked as intended.

Other Notes:

Original issue was: H100i pump and fans not detected at all. Closing Corsair Link (v2.7.5339) and Deleting the "Profiles" folder under Corsair Link in the Registry, then re-opening Corsair Link (v2.7.5339) solved this issue.

1. v2.7.5339

2. Win 8.1 pro 64bit

3. AX860i

4. Corsair 200mm 600T Fans x2

Running Corsair Link Mini with Dual Channel Lighting Node. All works well, except cant seem to configure fans to 0 RPM, I want them off unless CPU temp reaches above 45c (PC is water cooled). the fans are 3 pin, but as I can set the. RPM fro 400 to 800, i don't see why I cant go down to 0?

The only other issue. I have had is, some times the link software will add a second copy of a existing device, this will show 0 reading for temp (such as motherboard temp) the problem is they will then occasion swap places, so if. i have configured LED lighting to one then it will not be getting the correct reading, so setting incorrect color.

Not totally dis-satisfied, but the Link software does need to improve further, it is by no means ready to come out of beta. (considering the issues reported by Hydro users... how can it not work with Corsairs own product?)

1. v2.7.5339

2. Win 8.1 pro 64bit

3. AX860i

4. Corsair 200mm 600T Fans x2

Running Corsair Link Mini with Dual Channel Lighting Node. All works well, except cant seem to configure fans to 0 RPM, I want them off unless CPU temp reaches above 45c (PC is water cooled). the fans are 3 pin, but as I can set the. RPM fro 400 to 800, i don't see why I cant go down to 0?

T only other issue. i have gad is, some times the link software will add a second copy of a existing device, this will show 0 reading for temp (such as motherboard temp) the problem is if I and they will then swap places, so if. i have configured LED lighting to one then it will not be getting the correct reading.

Not totally dis-satisfied, but the Link software does need to improve further, it is by no means ready to come out of beta. (considering the issues reported by Hydro users... how can it not work with Corsairs own product?)

if like the original link then the fans cant be fully turned off

as far as the phantom icons,its like a usb device interfering.

Unlike many other people I am not having an issue with either my H100i, or my AX860i.

Both are working correctly (I did have to disable Legacy USB support in BIOS)

1- V2.7.5339

2- Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

3-Blue line for custom curve fan control does not show 5th setting

4-When using the custom fan curve it seems that the blue line showing settings does not include the last entry. In the included screenshot you can see that the blue line extends to the right flat from point 4, which i have set to 50c, 1500 rpm. It ignores the 5th data point 60c, 2000 rpm.

5-

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s300/nh_790/NewPicture_zps99bb8ecc.jpg' alt='NewPicture_zps99bb8ecc.jpg'>

I want to point out that the custom curve does work as intended, running prime95 on my 4770k @4.2ghz maxes out at about 62c, and the fans do spin up to 2000 rpms like i want.

Unlike many other people I am not having an issue with either my H100i, or my AX860i.

Both are working correctly (I did have to disable Legacy USB support in BIOS)

1- V2.7.5339

2- Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

3-Blue line for custom curve fan control does not show 5th setting

4-When using the custom fan curve it seems that the blue line showing settings does not include the last entry. In the included screenshot you can see that the blue line extends to the right flat from point 4, which i have set to 50c, 1500 rpm. It ignores the 5th data point 60c, 2000 rpm.

5-http://s155.photobucket.com/user/nh_790/media/NewPicture_zps99bb8ecc.jpg.html

http://s155.photobucket.com/user/nh_790/media/NewPicture_zps99bb8ecc.jpg.html

good comments are most welcome:sunglasse

btw,your pic isnt showing

lol,a bad rating for this post

some thrive on brazen negativity i suppose...:confused::...:

Fixed. Thanks.

This software is far from perfect, but seems good progress is being made. Reading thru this thread it would seem that the h100i just doesn't work.... Not sure why, mine does.

The only other tiny gripe i have is that it seems sometimes you have to switch between modes, quiet, custom, performance etc a couple times for the change to "stick" once it does tho its working great for me.

if like the original link then the fans cant be fully turned off

as far as the phantom icons,its like a usb device interfering.

Thanks for the tip, I will see if the phantom device issue can be resolved by disabling legacy USB support, as I am not sure if its on in bios.

So far I have been grouping my lighting to the i7 temp which does not have the phantom device (as yet) so I have not had a cause for complaint.

Corsair done right by incorporating the lighting node into the Mini, this should help reduce USB related issues.

Windows 8.1 64-bit

Link: 2.7.5339

First, thanks for supporting custom curves for motherboard fans, this would finally allow me to uninstall all other software and just control everything from Corsair Link.

All my devices are correctly detected. Moreover, I noticed the Power tab no longer displays duplicate information. All the labels also look good!

There are three outstanding issues for me:

1) (highest severity) Every time after I restart Link, it re-adds all the devices to the left-hand-side panel, and all the laid out and configured devices are set to 0 (probably it considers them now invalid), so I need to delete the broken existing ones, and re-lay-out the new ones. I also need to re-configure the custom curves of the fans. It's a lot of work. I'm attaching a screenshot to illustrate -- a picture is worth a thousand words :). This severely impacts usability of the software. I really hope it can be fixed.

2) (this is I'd say medium severity) if you are not careful to always keep the Link window maximized, resizing it will mess up the layout. It bunches up all the icons within the current window size. I think a more useful behavior would be to just keep the original layout and add scroll-bars if you resize. Perhaps, it could be controllable via an option. Or the software could remember the original positions and move stuff back as you expand the window back. But the static option would be fine and I think would be easier to implement.

3) (least severe) I've two Samsung SSDs: 840 EVO and PRO. When I first start up Link, it correctly reflects their temps. However, almost immediately, it stops updating one or both of the device's temps. All other temps and fan speeds are updated in real time, but my SSDs freeze. I realize those tend to be quite static but I have confirmed through the native Samsung app, and HWiNFO that Link definitely does not update. This is somewhat minor but would be nice to fix. (I thought it might be because by default Link displays identical labels for both devices, figured it might be triggering some duplicate device bug, so I renamed, but that didn't make a difference).

If anyone has any ideas from the dev team, the reps, or the community on (1), I'll appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Untitled.png.cb5c5d4150b6fc82a3ec187e58d86f0f.png

1. Version = 2.5.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

3. In System tab, PSU fan & temp working, but in the Power tab, only fan and PCIe (OCP rail…) is working, no temp icon for the PSU is seen and all other numbers and graphs are frozen; in the Graph tab, all saved profiles lose their running Graphs when system is shut down then later booted, with the PSU staying On. On the System tab, there are no Memory temps from the AirFlow Pro, and on the System & Group Tabs I have 2 WD Black 2Tb HDDs with the same part number: only 1 of them is displayed.

4a. PSU displays working PSU Fan & Temp icons & numbers on the System Tab. On the Power tab, the PSU fan and the PCIe (OCP multi rail) are working, but the PSU fan is missing and all other numbers and graphs are “frozen” & do not move.

4b. I have 4 profiles, and when I boot after shutting the PC down overnight (leaving the PSU on), all the graphs are not saved, and the graph tab is blank, until I click every device again to display, in every profile, which is a "pain".

4c. I have two WD 2TB Black drives that are the same part number. The Link displays only one. I plan to replace the Seagate drive with 2 more WD drives (same part number). I can justly assume the Link will not display those either; please fix. They showed up in my "old" Commander with v 2.5.5145. Of course, my cooling link worked sometimes, usually not, which is why I maybe made a mistake buying the Mini.

4d. My memory temps have never been displayed, using a digital wire link from the AFP2 to the Mini. You need to write a code for this digital link. I can adjust the fan speed, but to what memory temperature?

4e. My Mini LED and The H100i LED are set to blue-green-red, mostly running blue. If I save the profile and "X" (close the display), and it is still running in the hidden icon system tray, and then I click the Corsair Link icon, the display returns all the temps and fan speeds previously seen, except my case startles me by lighting up red, and when I click once on each LED , they go back to the profile setting and turn blue, something I should not have to do.

wytnyt, thanks.

so do i need to be careful not to have any flash devices plugged in when i close down Link, or when I open it, or both, to prevent this issue from happening?

also, my mouse has a USB dongle, should i unplug that and my keyboard as well?

thanks!

Windows 8.1 Pro

Just installed my Corsair Mini commander. (uninstalled, completely wiped old drivers/software), Have the following setup:

1x Corsair Mini - 5 fans plugged in

1x Corsair cooling node plugged into mini - 5 fans plugged into cooling Node

1x Corsair AX1200i plugged into mini

In Corsair link software it does not detect anything is plugged into it. Not the fans plugged directly into it, not the AX1200i, not the Cooling node or its fans. Nothing.

This is on a Maximus V Extreme. have tried different USB 2.0 headers, have tried USB legacy on/off.

Nothing works. How do you get this damn thing to work.

Windows 8.1 Pro

Just installed my Corsair Mini commander. (uninstalled, completely wiped old drivers/software), Have the following setup:

1x Corsair Mini - 5 fans plugged in

1x Corsair cooling node plugged into mini - 5 fans plugged into cooling Node

1x Corsair AX1200i plugged into mini

In Corsair link software it does not detect anything is plugged into it. Not the fans plugged directly into it, not the AX1200i, not the Cooling node or its fans. Nothing.

This is on a Maximus V Extreme. have tried different USB 2.0 headers, have tried USB legacy on/off.

Nothing works. How do you get this damn thing to work.

Just tried booting up each time with different combinations

1.) Just Mini and fans plugged into mini, nothing else. Mini still does not recgonize Fans

2.)Mini + AX1200i - Mini does not Recgonize Fans or PSU

3.) Mini + Cooling Node - Does not recgonize anything

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Got nothing.

what a complete joke. How does corsair keep releasing Corsair Link software that continues to fall flat on its face.

wytnyt, thanks.

so do i need to be careful not to have any flash devices plugged in when i close down Link, or when I open it, or both, to prevent this issue from happening?

also, my mouse has a USB dongle, should i unplug that and my keyboard as well?

thanks!

yes ,unhook usb devices such as flash drives,kb,ect. and see if the phantom icons persist.

My experience with 2.7 has been poor so far. I just had to remove and reinstall the software to get it to recognize the H100i. I suspect I was tinkering slightly with some of the UI settings and along the way, the software stopped recognizing the device. The areas of interest were for the LED, trying to recover Red, but to no avail.

One other anomaly. When using the firmware checker, the function seems to not know what level the H100i is at and suggests updating to 1.07 again. This needs to be fixed.

This was working for me.

Now it appears I've lost Red altogether. Should I RMA?

Did you lose RED after a cold boot? If yes, switch to normal and then back to temperature,...does it work?

In the configuration tab does it still show H100i for Name and Group?

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 7 x64

3. Shows USB H80i instead of link commander mini when H80i is only plugged in through digital link and commander the only USB header.

4. At first, link commander mini shows up in device list with H80i and AXi 1200 listed as devices. H80i did not show up on dashboard but was detected in options > device. Clicked update in options. It updated H80i. Now options > devices shows the USB header to be H80i and no link commander. Dashboard only shows H80i and motherboard info. It labels the two fans connected to the H80i as fan 3 and 4. Its like it thinks the Link Commander Mini is an H80i. Did the update flash my commander with H80i.

4. Picture of Option > Device - Note, corsair H80i and AXi 1200 only connected through digital link. Link Commander is only thing connected through USB header.

1507084516_Corsairdeviceproblem.thumb.PNG.75822ca99633666f10be3ec973a0a44b.PNG

Did you lose RED after a cold boot? If yes, switch to normal and then back to temperature,...does it work?

In the configuration tab does it still show H100i for Name and Group?

On cold boot, the colot was correct for a few moments. That technique of switching display mode used to work but no longer.

Yes to your second question. Reference attachment. It surely acts as if Red doesn't work.

http://http//forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18847&d=1409574239

Capture.thumb.gif.f58ca6539bc338036223ad9e0f8d49f1.gif

Here's some more info. Event viewer has numerous entries like this.

Log Name: Application

Source: Corsair Link

Date: 8/31/2014 8:15:24 PM

Event ID: 0

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

Read write failed, Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

and

Log Name: Application

Source: Corsair Link

Date: 9/1/2014 8:12:32 AM

Event ID: 0

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

Driver error 193

Well I received my new Lighting node 2 weeks ago and everything was running fine until last night. Now my Hi100 sounds like it's going to blow up. It's vibrating something terrible, I have checked all mounting hardware and it's tight. 2 of my Hi100 fans are no longer under my control. I have them set to fixed RPM and it does nothing their spinning out of control at max speed even when I have them set at 600rpm. I have selected every fan mode available and nothing regains control of the fans. And now my new lighting node has disappeared again with LED's stuck on.

Archived