Corsair Community

Discuss Link Release Candidate v2.7.5339 here

Technobeard

Hi,

I have the H80i and purchased the additional kit with cables so I can plug in two more fans into the pump head. After upgrading to this software no fans would show up. I tried unplugging the usb from the pump head and they still did not show up. I reinstalled the link software and tried various things nothing worked. I ended up unplugging the usb cable from the motherboard and plugged it into and another usb connection on motherboard and started up the machine and everything is now working great so far.

there likely was a device such as a mouse,kb,ect that interfered with the hydro on that usb port...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actually theres no reason to be able to configure the pump as its a set speed.,,,

you are able to configure other items such as the fans ,thermals,ect...,,right?

it's not really about configuration (again cosmetic) when you change the "device type" you only get 1 different configuration field but it changes the icon appropriately, for instance attached is what my system looks like

system.thumb.jpg.6467da76e6c43815e91830d1e1eee5f6.jpg

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 x64

3. all readings from device are zero and a whole new set of a devices are added again with readings

4. after spending ages organising my fans and pump i restarted my pc to find that those device now show zero for their valves. in addition the device have been added again so now i have double the number of device i.e. two cpus, two gopu, two h100i. i cant be bothered to set up it up again

5. see attachments

Capture.thumb.JPG.434cc6069744148c1452ac1f91f26bd5.JPG

Group.thumb.JPG.e78b64f5725f3b788ee4ac75d1fd18fe.JPG

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 x64

3. all readings from device are zero and a whole new set of a devices are added again with readings

4. after spending ages organising my fans and pump i restarted my pc to find that those device now show zero for their valves. in addition the device have been added again so now i have double the number of device i.e. two cpus, two gopu, two h100i. i cant be bothered to set up it up again

5. see attachments

ive seen this issue many times and its usually a connected usb device interfering be it from the m/b header or a connected usb device...

Regarding my post that Corsair should produce a list of known working configurations...

while that would give us a vague idea of working components,once but one item was installed it would make such a test scheme ineffective.

Are you trying to say that this is not useful, because you can't list all the components involved? This is easily possible. It would go a long way to determine if there are issues. This is the first step when you have issues with some components. The fact that Corsair would resist doing this, tells me that the list they could produce, is likely pretty small.

I couldn't bet a setup with a ASUS Rampage IV black, Win8.1, and an H100i, with a single NVidia 780Ti to work correctly. The keyboard and mouse were using standard HID drivers, so if that is an issue, Corsair has huge problems. But I was just stuck blindly trying things, and Corsair support was of little help, as all they could do was ask me to uninstall, and reinstall. They didnt' know what might be causing my issue.

You really don't think a list of tested configs might help? Really?

this is what i think most companies face,they test their products but its virtually impossible to know exactly what software or hardware will be added and used by the user...,even something as a usb device can change things dramatically.

Sorry, but I work for a major manufacturer designing computer hardware. I have seen remarkably few conflicts between USB devices, when they conform to the specs. Are you trying to say that Corsair's Link products don't really conform well to USB, and therefore are the real problem? This I might believe.

Saying that because a user might have something else conflict, so a list is not of utility, is pretty defeatist. So far, I tried to use some Corsair Link products, and ended up returning the stuff. I might try again as a customer, but not blindly without assurance that it has been tested and at least first order bugs are taken care of!

I'll say it again, "The fact that Corsair would resist doing this, tells me that the list they could produce, is likely pretty small."

Are you trying to say that this is not useful, because you can't list all the components involved? .

You really don't think a list of tested configs might help? Really?

"

please actually read my post before making assumptions based on your own ideas...

When using color cycling with four colors on my h80i or lightning nodes connected to my Link Commander Mini, every time I switch profiles and come back to the one with four cycling colors, the first color reverts to black for all LEDs. :-(

-LeRoy3rd

please actually read my post before making assumptions based on your own ideas...

I did. The bad sentence structure, lack of punctuation, and misspellings just make it impossible to make sense of your post.

Exactly where and what did I assume? Your post is typical of your other postings around here. You seem very interested in defending Corsair, and tend to believe most everyone else just doesn't seem to understand how to install software. Yeah... that's everyone's problem with Link. Not!

There is a lot of value in Corsair posting tested and confirmed configurations. Your point has been that this is of little value. I disagree.

Corsair has seriously tarnished their name with me. I will not buy anything from them that relies on software, as they have shown a big inability to deliver what they promise when it comes to software. I don't think I'm alone in this thought process. If they want to repair some of that damage, they'll need to do more than they have been. Right now, their latest software update, is more of the same... Months waiting, for a couple fixes, with many known bugs not addressed.

wytnyt: He wasn't attacking you. We do ask in the rules that everyone post in full and complete sentences.

there wasn't any mis-spellings,i dont capitalize nor add periods or apostrophes and such simply because i feel its an unnecessary step in order to understand.i use an on screen keyboard and these are my shortcuts.

perhaps I should so some understand that words such as wasnt actually means wasn't.

Well, in all actuality, this is a complex area of technical topics. Being clear is difficult enough when punctuation is used. You may not feel that it is necessary, because you know what you are saying. We, on the other hand, do not have insight into your thought process, so must rely upon the written word in order to unambiguously understand. As a result, we read these posts, not only by yourself—others do the same—so I'm not singling you out, and have to re-read them, parsing and re-parsing as we go, to try to insert the punctuation where it may make sense and then think we understand what is meant. Therefore, it really is necessary. Sometimes, I just move on.

You provide a lot of good help around here. It'd just be better if that which you write were easier to read and less prone to misunderstanding.

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 x64

5. see attachments

Same set up and same issue here.

ive seen this issue many times and its usually a connected usb device interfering be it from the m/b header or a connected usb device...

What could be interfering? Two things have changed in my system recently. First is the version of the link software and the second is I connected the oculus dk2. I disconnected the oculus and the issue remains.

Well, in all actuality, this is a complex area of technical topics. Being clear is difficult enough when punctuation is used. You may not feel that it is necessary, because you know what you are saying. We, on the other hand, do not have insight into your thought process, so must rely upon the written word in order to unambiguously understand. As a result, we read these posts, not only by yourself—others do the same—so I'm not singling you out, and have to re-read them, parsing and re-parsing as we go, to try to insert the punctuation where it may make sense and then think we understand what is meant. Therefore, it really is necessary. Sometimes, I just move on.

You provide a lot of good help around here. It'd just be better if that which you write were easier to read and less prone to misunderstanding.

Alot of what you've said I can agree with but many times there's several factors determining my response and overall reply structure such as interruptions from kids to fatigue to even admitting down right laziness by using a OSK.

I also understand it gives some an excuse to being belligerent when they don't agree with the topic on hand,yet lack a valid response .

When replying to someone,its hard to judge a users skill level by simply reading a few words from them so I try to keep everything as blunt and simple as possible as there's users from all skill levels here ,yet all are adamant in their beliefs and opinions and all insist at being correct.

Quite frankly,if someone were spending their time trying to help me or debate a topic on hand,I honestly wouldn't critique their lack of capitalizing a word or lack of a comma,but again some tend to use it as fuel when disagreeing .

Now that were discussing faults,allow me to bring one to light,when answering or replying in posts try to make your reply's understandable to average users as many of your ''words'' you choose just fly over peoples heads including mine ,so I too choose to skip over your posts sometimes.

I understand poor grammar can be confusing but the other end of the spectrum can also be .

What could be interfering? Two things have changed in my system recently. First is the version of the link software and the second is I connected the oculus dk2. I disconnected the oculus and the issue remains.

You may have answered your own question actually,try disconnecting your oculus and doing a reboot to see if link then works.

if link works you can try the oculus on a different port to see if both can co-exist...

Version of Corsair Link software: v2.7.5339

Windows: Windows 8.1 Pro

Summary - For me Corsair link v2.7.5339 is started working after installing the Asmedia USB 3.0

Please try to install Corsair link v2.7.5339 in the following sequence

1. Install .net frame work 3.5 (If it is missing in your system)

2. Install ASmedia USB 3.0 (Actually i don't know why it is required, for me Corsair link software started working after installing this and Corsair link software)

3. Now install Corsair Link v.2.7.5339

Now it might work.

1651808377_Corsairlink1.thumb.png.6c81b0a1d300b3b861780ddc948771d2.png

1537544061_Corsairlink2.thumb.png.b03ec56ff13a3749daf818709dc349c5.png

You may have answered your own question actually,try disconnecting your oculus and doing a reboot to see if link then works.

if link works you can try the oculus on a different port to see if both can co-exist...

As mentioned at the end of my post. disconnecting the oculus didn't have any effect on the link. :o:

So this really sucks, as I have a commander mini on the way.

As mentioned at the end of my post. disconnecting the oculus didn't have any effect on the link. :o:

So this really sucks, as I have a commander mini on the way.

yes im aware you disconnected it ,I had suggested doing a reboot as once a program detects a fault it as a rule stays till a reboot.

1. v2.7.5339

2. Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

3. H80i fans cannot be fixed and do not show up.

4. Corsair Link does say that the H80i is connected under Options and then devices (Picture 1). However, under the system and groups tabs, the H80i fans and pumps cannot be found (Picture 2) even with the "Show All Devices" box checked off. I have tried disabling the "Legacy USB" to no avail. Also, I don't have the "Power" tab that others seem to have, I'm assuming that that's for people with the commander unit. Fan speeds don't seem to increase at all (based on not audible increase in fans) and higher CPU temp readings when playing a game or using an intensive program.

1914348551_Picture1.thumb.png.fc87cb501e9870449530c46df4bdcfda.png

1490128318_Picture2.thumb.png.7386314a8f4849c2bf2e1ce23df682ab.png

1. 2.7.5339

2. Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 bit

3. H100i fans and pump not detected

4. Corsair Link does not detect H100i. It recognizes all devices of my PC (like motheboard, CPU, GPU...), but not my Corsair H100i.

How can I solve my problem?

I tried to uninstall Corsair Link and reinstall it (having care of deleting the "Devices" key from Windows registry).

Archived