Corsair Community

H100 and Haswell E

randolla

I have an original H100 (not an "I") on my Intel 980X and X59 motherboard. I am going to be upgrading to an X99 motherboard with a Haswell E CPU.

My question is: Will my old H100 still fit the new CPU and motherboard? If not, can I get the mounting brackets from Corsair so that it will?

If not, which cooler will fit?

Thank you

I assume you are getting an ATX motherboard. All modern ATX MB's accept liquid cooler and mounts. The mounts have not changed in a while and the CPU size little, although getting new mounts is good idea. The kits come with AMD & Intel Mounts, and you do not use the cooler-side MB mount on a higher-end Intel CPU LGA 2011 MB, you do use it on LGA 1150 MB's. Make sure you clean the cooler face and use a good Thermal paste; one of THE best is "ARCTIC MX-4 Carbon-Based Thermal Compound, Non-Electricity Conductive, Non-Capacitive, Non-Bleeding - 20g". I have Corsair H50 on my AMD A10 CPU Desktop, and an H100i on my other Desktop with an I7-4770K CPU. The same mounting kit came with both coolers. The Corsair kit: CW-8960002, is a "Hydro Series H60/H80/H100 Universal Bracket kit, One (1) universal bracket for the H60/H80/H100 compatible with sockets: AMD AM2, AMD AM3, Intel LGA 1155, Intel LGA 1156, Intel LGA 1366, Intel LGA 2011, Intel LGA 775". Hope this helps.

Archived