Corsair Community

Corsair Link a disaster, should I give up?

Erasmus354

So I have a Corsair Link Commander, 2 Cooling Nodes, and an 860AXi PSU. Currently nothing at all is working.

I am running version 2.6.5214 of the software.

The PSU has never been recognized once by the Link software. The cooling nodes have each separately been recognized once and allowed me to control the fans, but for the most part they are never seen by the Link and just run at full speed. Occasionally (completely random, like after the PC has been running for a week) the Link software will find the Cooling Nodes and want to update the firmware on them from 1.2(?).8 to 1.2.9. That process will seemingly work fine and then immediately it will find 2 unknown nodes and want to recover them. This process will repeat ad infinitum until I decide to not do a firmware update.

Is there any hope of me getting this terrible product to work or should I give up and move on to something else? All I wanted was for something nice to control my 10 Corsair SP120 PWM fans inside my Corsair 900D case, get some nice stats from my Corsair 860AXi PSU, with my PC with 32GB of Corsair Dominator RAM. Unfortunately this has to be by far my worst experience with Corsair hardware ever....

Have you tried the latest software?

Is the AXi psu connected to the Commander Unit or the USB dongle?

It is connected to the Commander Unit, I can't really afford to have all of my internal USB headers taken up by plugging it in with the USB dongle.

Yor better of using an Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 or 6, by the looks of it.

Im still pondering if i should use the Corsair link myself, it seeems they still have a lot of work to do with their software

I think my alternative will be to go with the Swiftech PWM splitter. I don't need fine tuned control. Having already apparently wasted $60 on this Corsair kit (too late to return it) I don't want to also spend $250 for an Aquaero.

Yor better of using an Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 or 6, by the looks of it.

Im still pondering if i should use the Corsair link myself, it seeems they still have a lot of work to do with their software

i have 4 link commanders,an aquaero 6 pro and a aquaero 6 xt and speaking from actual experience the LC is much easier to use,much lower in price and performs as well as the a6's

and yes the a6's has its bugs too but if knowledgeable then they can be worked around

i have 4 link commanders,an aquaero 6 pro and a aquaero 6 xt and speaking from actual experience the LC is much easier to use,much lower in price and performs as well as the a6's

and yes the a6's has its bugs too but if knowledgeable then they can be worked around

So do you have any advice on how to get my CL to recognize my cooling nodes? I can live without the PSU being recognized. While it would be nice if everything worked, I really just need to be able to control the fans because running full bore all the time is really annoying.

Archived