Corsair Community

New Corsair Link Commander Mini

Fauxbeard

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the Commander Mini will control non PWM fans (3 pin fans) with voltage control. For 4 pin (PWM fans) it will control them with the standard PWM signal. It can detect the type of fan plugged in and will control it accordingly.

Will it also offer auto adjusting so it detects what voltage results in what RPM?

Me too, and I can't seem to find just the LED strips... I hope they address this soon, I'm not buying it without the LED strips...

-LeRoy3rd

you can get a light node thats sold separately

add the mini + light node still = a good price...

you can get a light node thats sold separately

add the mini + light node still = a good price...

Why would I want to buy a light node? The light node is BUILT INTO the Commander Mini... I'll just need the LED strips...

I just read the manually for the Commander Mini, It's not painfully clear, will I need 2 USB Headers (1 for the Commander, 1 for the H80i), or just 1 for the Commander? If only the 1 is needed for the commander, does the link cable plug into the fan header on the H80i, or the USB port on the side of it?

-LeRoy3rd

being its new i couldnt say for sure but theres 4 ports for devices so its safe to assume the h80i can connect to the mini but as far as the leds,the leds alone are priced @ the same as other leds ,,,i saw several 6 leds strips for 19.99 so comparably its like getting the node free.

Why would I want to buy a light node? The light node is BUILT INTO the Commander Mini... I'll just need the LED strips...

I just read the manually for the Commander Mini, It's not painfully clear, will I need 2 USB Headers (1 for the Commander, 1 for the H80i), or just 1 for the Commander? If only the 1 is needed for the commander, does the link cable plug into the fan header on the H80i, or the USB port on the side of it?

-LeRoy3rd

should at least be able to buy a strip separately but seems odd to have that connector without a strip to use with it

you actually got a good question there, I know that the RM series PSUs also have a setup where it can connect to a commander or use it's own

as far as the leds,the leds alone are priced @ the same as other leds ,,,i saw several 6 leds strips for 19.99 so comparably its like getting the node free.

I appreciate that, but I assume that they'll have the strips available separately for less at some point? :-(( Hopefully...? :sigh:

I'm weak, I bought the mini, I guess I'll get as much cable routing done as I can and just wait for the LED strips. :-(

-LeRoy3rd

• Corsair Employees

One node = one color or mode for the strip. Adding another node will allow you to add a separate color and/or mode on another strip.

:pics:ex. Use node on Commander Mini to set an inner lighting and use an additional lighting node via the Link Digital to set a different color, say, in the front of your case. Or see pic below: LED strips on top(red), SSD(purple), and PSU(white). Each are connected on a separate port on two lighting nodes. Please don't mind the actual LED colors that are shown on Link.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18677&stc=1&d=1406752653

The Commander Mini (or Commander) is a hub for all Link-ready devices which connects to one USB 2.0 header. The H80i/H100i should be connected to the Commander Mini via the four Link Digital ports (left side of fan headers on Commander Mini).

Will it also offer auto adjusting so it detects what voltage results in what RPM?

The control scheme of the software does not allow you to directly type in a voltage. You can select from the standard profiles and it will adjust voltage to hit that RPM.

• Corsair Employees
im surprised it comes with no led strips...

Me too, and I can't seem to find just the LED strips... I hope they address this soon, I'm not buying it without the LED strips...

-LeRoy3rd

The RGB LED strip kits will be available early September. We are working to get them faster, but right now that is the info we have.

got a question, will we see the full release (not just candidates and betas) of the software by the time the Mini is available?

No, a full release will not be done in time for the Mini availability.

So evidently you can order the Mini in the US already. But in Europe it still just says "Find a Retailer"? :(

EU inventory should be landing by the end of this week. Webstore will be updated as soon as the inventory is received.

Hi all. I am new to this forum but have been following this thread since it was created. Very exited about this product as my old Link Commander was just deemed unrepairable leaving me stuck with no replacement. I have a few queries;

Any information on when it will be available in Australia? I already ordered the lighting node and LED strips :)

How do you change the background in the software? It looks cool!

In the new 2.7 software version drop down menus are hard to pull down on my PC. The icon size one only worked after many attempts, the background theme drop down does not work at all.

And a minor one; on the Corsair website Link products are referred to as "Corsair Links". My guess is this should be "Corsair Link". Sorry, cannot help my spelling nazi-ness :)

So evidently you can order the Mini in the US already. But in Europe it still just says "Find a Retailer"? :(

I (located in the Netherlands) had no problems ordering the Mini. Just switch to English (global).

• Corsair Employees
Any reason to upgrade from the original to the mini?

One device to rule them all :bigeyes:

The previous generation required a Commander unit and separate cooling and lighting nodes. The Commander Mini now supports 6 fans and 1 LED port in one device and still have support for up to 4 other Link ready devices via the Link Digital port! Reason enough? :D:

Archived