Corsair Community

New Corsair Link Commander Mini

Fauxbeard

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fan ports will do both, voltage and PWM. A PWM fan controller has its disadvantages when trying to control a 3 pin fan. The PWM signal output to a PWM fan works great and is still part of the Mini, it just goes to voltage control for the 3 pin fans so that even fans with less than stellar motors can be controlled consistently.

If I'm way out of line here, I hope some other forum members will let me know, alternately, if you feel similarly, I hope you'll show your agreement.

We were told that the Link Commander Mini would be released August 11, 2014 (Monday, yesterday). It didn't. Now, I've halted finishing my new compy build while I wait for this device as there's no reason to finish cable routing until it gets here.

The 11th came and went, and the product is nowhere to be found. I was up at midnight on the 11th refreshing the website and searching through online retailers in hopes of purchasing the newest make-my-cooling-easier-doo-dad. No luck. That's OK, I didnt expect it to be available AT midnight, just wanted to check on the off-chance that it was (didn't want them to sell out while I was asleep!).

All day Monday I did the same refresh/check other retailers dance. Nothing. I posted here asking about it. Nothing. I posted to Corsair's page on Facebook. Nothing.

While I am frustrated that the Commander Mini didn't come out on Monday, that's not what angers me. I understand that hardware ship dates can slip and deadlines can be missed. What ENRAGES me is the information blackout.

You told your customers that a product was going to be available to purchase on a certain day, and it wasn't. Fine. But don't leave us to spend all day trying to find it. Own up to it. I LOVE a company that communicates well with it's customers (me).

Certainly the decision to not release the Mini didn't come Monday morning, why didn't you let us know? If you'd come out on Friday (or even MONDAY) and said:

"We're sorry, but due to a problem found when testing the new hardware, it won't be available on Monday August 11 as expected. We're sorry for the delay and we'll keep you updated on our progress toward allowing you to throw your money at us. Please don't spend all day trying to find and purchase our new whiz-bang device, go outside, see some friends."

This is acceptable, and while it would sadden me, it wouldn't make me want to find a different company to do business with... You DO know that there are PLENTY of alternatives to the Corsair brand, right?

Anyway, to recap: Giving your customers the silent treatment and effectively staging an "information blackout" is HORRIBLE customer service, and it enrages us. Don't do that...

-LeRoy3rd

The fan ports will do both, voltage and PWM. A PWM fan controller has its disadvantages when trying to control a 3 pin fan. The PWM signal output to a PWM fan works great and is still part of the Mini, it just goes to voltage control for the 3 pin fans so that even fans with less than stellar motors can be controlled consistently.

not according to a review,says its voltage control and the cooling node supplyed the pwm

• Corsair Employees

I had updated my original post to reflect the information regarding version 2.7. August 11 was supposed to be the release date but due to the fan control issue that has been reported with 2.7.5332, we have to re-evaluate the software build. If you recall, version 2.7 is required for the new Commander Mini.

By the way, I did say "should be released', not "will be released". Up to this point, that ETA was tentative and is subject to change. Trust me, I'm just as excited as you are for the release of 2.7 and Commander Mini.

By the way, I did say "should be released', not "will be released". Up to this point, that ETA was tentative and is subject to change. Trust me, I'm just as excited as you are for the release of 2.7 and Commander Mini.

It should be noted that we were all going off of the quote from Facebook:

"Corsair James This will be available on our webstore on 8/11."

"Will" is much more definitive than "should". Either way, even if you post a "should", "might be", or "we hope", it's still common courtesy (not to mention good manners) to let your customers know that there's been a change. It shows respect and good will.

-LeRoy3rd

• Corsair Employees
It should be noted that we were all going off of the quote from Facebook:

"Corsair James This will be available on our webstore on 8/11."

"Will" is much more definitive than "should". Either way, even if you post a "should", "might be", or "we hope", it's still common courtesy (not to mention good manners) to let your customers know that there's been a change. It shows respect and good will.

-LeRoy3rd

Hi LeRoy3rd,

The date of 8/11 has been slightly delayed. While we were scheduled to go live on this date, we decided at the very last minute to push back the release date until last minute kinks with the software were resolved. While it is an unfortunate delay, we felt it would not be fair to those who purchase the unit and not have it work as we would intend to.

Please stay tuned as we'll make it public once the Mini is available.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Please don't let my irritation at silence dissuade you from posting dates in the future. We (your customers) love to know what's coming down the line, and we love dates (even tentative dates), so, please, keep communicating, just let us know when the plans change so we can adjust accordingly. We'd do the same for you. :-)

-LeRoy3rd

not according to a review,says its voltage control and the cooling node supplyed the pwm

I think we might be talking about different things. I was referring to the ports on the Commander Mini. The Cooling Node and H80i/H100i use a different method of fan control than the Mini and they are PWM only controlled with no voltage adjustment. I have not seen any reviews of the Commander Mini so information any review site posts might not be entirely accurate at this point. If you have a link to that review I would like to see it.

I hope it releases soon.

I have a quite big bulk of things I wanna order from Corsair directly (since no retail, even online, has it) but the shipping costs are quite high so I wanna order all at once.

Just waiting on the darned Commander (Mini) >.<

Hi LeRoy3rd,

The date of 8/11 has been slightly delayed. While we were scheduled to go live on this date, we decided at the very last minute to push back the release date until last minute kinks with the software were resolved. While it is an unfortunate delay, we felt it would not be fair to those who purchase the unit and not have it work as we would intend to.

Please stay tuned as we'll make it public once the Mini is available.

Thanks.

That was a smart decision - the software isn't ready yet in the current state.

Not yet available for purchase, though. :[pouts:

yeah well,,like usual,i know the -exact- date when itll be released

and that is the day after i get my original LC up and running:D:

i just cut the last panel today,,cut out my led holes and will weld it all up tomorrow and being painted this weekend

so according to my luck,,,you guys will have your mini soon:D:

which brings up a question hooded and I had--will the fan ports on the mini be both voltage and pwm controllable?,,,thx

Archived