Corsair Community

Triple channel Kit in a dual channel board

Nicknas

I had 12gb of triple channel ram in my x58 Two 3x2 gb kits bought separately. Worked like a CHARM.

Tried to use 4 of those dimms in this board (Z97 Classified ) and they will simply not work at spec speeds or timings. So bad that if I try to run them at 1600 the machine goes into a power up loop and the code says no memory installed ( 55 )

4 dimms run FINE at 1333 and 1.49v and they are in Dual mode

So I am stuck with 1333 ram Until I spend a few hundred dollars on dual channel and EAT 12gb of this stuff ( wasn't cheap!)

I have been told that they would work at the correct timings but I don't know how to figure which ones to set.

Crucial says the MIGHT work but they do no guarantee that triple channel kits will work on dual....

HELLLLLP!!!!

I had 12gb of triple channel ram in my x58 Two 3x2 gb kits bought separately. Tried to use 4 of those dimms in this board (Z97 Classified ) and they will simply not work at spec speeds or timings.

Crucial says the MIGHT work but they do no guarantee that triple channel kits will work on dual....

So these are two Crucial Kits? Wrong manufacturer forum then.

Other than that, you can check the kits specifications via Aida64, HWInfo64, Thaiphoon Burner or some tools. I would help you with estimated timings at certain speeds, but for that you would have to state the manufacturer and model name of those kits at least.

So these are two Crucial Kits? Wrong manufacturer forum then.

Other than that, you can check the kits specifications via Aida64, HWInfo64, Thaiphoon Burner or some tools. I would help you with estimated timings at certain speeds, but for that you would have to state the manufacturer and model name of those kits at least.

Hi In My post and Listed Machine Specs I list Corsair , Dominator and Part number. Crucial is the site I bought them from. ( both Kits of three )

So you don't have to go looking the Part number is TR3X6G1600C8D Corsair Dominator Two sets of tested Triple Channel Ram Ram worked flawlessly in the board they were removed from just 7 days ago. Settings on the other board were stock 8 8 8 24 1.65V

Thanks

Archived