Corsair Community

Add me to failed AX1200i list

jdholbrook33

Upgrading my system from GTX680 to GTX780Ti Classified (x2) so decided to upgrade my AX850 to a new AX1200i.

Installation went smooth and all seemed right in the world.

Ran some benches with the 780's and everything was working great.

Went to Africa for a month, came back about a week ago.

When i arrived home everything worked as normal until this morning.

I was drinking coffee, reading emails when I heard "Pop" and everything went black.

Tried all the tricks but she's dead.

Pulled the PSU and tested on the bench with my trust PSU tester. Nada. Self test light doesn't come on with button pressed and all I see is the +5vsb power light on the tester.

Replaced with the old AX850 and I'm back in action.

Not what I want to see with a premium product. Especially one so highly reviewed. Looking over the forums it seems they have a problem with the 1200.

Next time I'll do more research :mad:

Upgrading my system from GTX680 to GTX780Ti Classified (x2) so decided to upgrade my AX850 to a new AX1200i.

Installation went smooth and all seemed right in the world.

Ran some benches with the 780's and everything was working great.

Went to Africa for a month, came back about a week ago.

When i arrived home everything worked as normal until this morning.

I was drinking coffee, reading emails when I heard "Pop" and everything went black.

Tried all the tricks but she's dead.

Pulled the PSU and tested on the bench with my trust PSU tester. Nada. Self test light doesn't come on with button pressed and all I see is the +5vsb power light on the tester.

Replaced with the old AX850 and I'm back in action.

Not what I want to see with a premium product. Especially one so highly reviewed. Looking over the forums it seems they have a problem with the 1200.

Next time I'll do more research :mad:

you have a 7 year warranty on that PSU (which means you have an excellent product), pretty sure Corsair will take care of you, just contact them. This things just happen with electronics, even with the best stuff....

Archived