Corsair Community

Corsair 650D USB 3.0 Pass Through Mod

Lady Fitzgerald

Anyone done this but kept the original usb3 wiring but instead replaced the usb 2 ports so effectively giving you 4 front USB3 ports - 2 from internal header and 2 from the factory leads that trail through the case and plug into the rear pair?

I don't see why you couldn't do that. Or, if you have a MOBO with two USB 3.0 headers, replace both sets of USB ports and cables.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hate to bump an old stickie, but after plenty of searches, I've come up empty. I purchased the 350 piece to modify my 650D case. I'm just not too sure how to remove the original. Is there a specific order? Can anyone direct me to a video or guide on disassembly?

Thank you!

• 3 months later...
I just did this mod on two cases: one a case I purchased as a backup, and one on the case I'm using for my current PC. I practiced first on the backup case, and good thing. The 650D front I/O panel has 5 plastic tabs, and they are delicate, easy to break. I broke two of them on the practice case. This is not fatal, since the I/O panel is held together by screws, but you need to be very gentle as you pry the tabs loose. In order to get the panel out so you can work on it, first pull off the front cowling; this will expose the 2 screws that hold the I/O panel to the frame. After you have removed those screws, tip the panel slightly forward from the top, and you can remove it. (If this is a case that already has wiring, be careful not to pull too hard.) Then you remove the three screws on top, gently manipulate the tabs with a small screwdriver while applying upward pressure, and remove the top piece when all the tabs have let go. Then follow the tutorial, align the new wires properly, and replace the top of the panel, again being careful of the tabs. Simple matter after that to screw it in place and replace the cowling. (Another note on the cowling -- it might try to pull your optical drives out with it. Do not force this either. I had to jiggle and manipulate the optical drives in the cowling openings in order to get it off freely.)

• 9 months later...

What a shame, Corsair's online shop don't allow shipping to forwarders. Is it so hard to ship things overseas? Its 2017, not 1817. I need to get the front I/O to ship to Singapore.

Any Corsair employees can help? Is 650D a taboo here?

Archived