Corsair Community

Is startup of my PC alright?

Mirindo

It starts, then turns off, then starts again successfully? If so, I'd say something's not quite right. I don't think it is the power supply, however, but rather something in the bios setup that needs tweaking.

It starts, then turns off, then starts again successfully? If so, I'd say something's not quite right. I don't think it is the power supply, however, but rather something in the bios setup that needs tweaking.

Im totaly lost in BIOS. I just used the TuneUP wizard in Asus BIOS and that all.

I tried default settings but no change.

On my motherboard lights red BOOT_DEVICE_LED. I dont understand what is wrong, I can normally get into windows etc..

On my motherboard lights red BOOT_DEVICE_LED. I dont understand what is wrong, I can normally get into windows etc..

Are you overclocking? If so I'd say you have a bad setting in your bios. tell us more about your MB such as dual bios settings and so on...

Are you overclocking? If so I'd say you have a bad setting in your bios. tell us more about your MB such as dual bios settings and so on...

I have Asus Maximus Hero VII and Intel 4790k, but it is overclocked just to 4080Mhz with Asus Wizard or what its called. And I tried stock settings but still the same startup.

I have Asus Maximus Hero VII and Intel 4790k, but it is overclocked just to 4080Mhz with Asus Wizard or what its called. And I tried stock settings but still the same startup.

What Bios version are you running and have you tried the latest bios?

EDIT: You might try and reset the CMOS and just load the default values.

Is memory compatible?

Try with one memory stick...

I agree with Conners. Try loading bios defaults and start over. Once you enter bios, you can try exiting and there should be an option to load defaults. I wouldn't use the ASUS overclocking "wizard" until you can boot successfully.

Hi. With some Asus mobo it can happen that it starts up this way, here a asus hero z87 ( my son pc)and yes, starts up, shuts down , starts up and no problem, tested with a ax1200i,ax750i, be-quiet 750 dark pro, so it's the mobo, no over clock here, every thing on default. I also had a Asus R II E , this also did had the same startup, so some Asus mobo have it, I think it's a cold start up bug.

when you shutdown the pc, do you also set the switch of the psu on off, or do you let the switch of the psu on on.Normally if the pc restarts and the psu was on off, it could be that mobo do get the voltage that it needs from the psu, but some parts on the mobo are a little slow with starting up because they where completely drained before the start up, this because the psu was also complete of. Try to let the psu switch on on when you shutdown the pc and this for a day or a few hours, if you don't use the pc, then start the pc, normally it should boot to os at the first time.

when you shutdown the pc, do you also set the switch of the psu on off, or do you let the switch of the psu on on.Normally if the pc restarts and the psu was on off, it could be that mobo do get the voltage that it needs from the psu, but some parts on the mobo are a little slow with starting up because they where completely drained before the start up, this because the psu was also complete of. Try to let the psu switch on on when you shutdown the pc and this for a day or a few hours, if you don't use the pc, then start the pc, normally it should boot to os at the first time.

I use the switch on power outlet and when I leave it on, the computer starts normaly. I use it to save the PSU but when the motherboard is doing this, I will leave it on.

Can be motherboard damaged by doing this?

I second always leaving your PC on. It's not a huge bump in power costs at all since its not under full load all the time. I believe the last time I did the math it was only around 20 more dollars a year, but we pay a ton for our power where I am.

Archived