Corsair Community

H100i very loud fan whine

greyze

I got a brand new H100i yesterday and installed it. The device seemed functional / the cooling was good. But the two fans connected to the pump are making a ridiculous noise that I really can't ignore.

edit2: irrelevant banter. It was just faulty fans.

Ok so after a few hours of fiddling I think i've concluded that the fans are crap.

I plugged the fans into the motherboard CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and the noise is exactly the same, so it's not related to the pump/using the Y fan splitter at all; guess ill need to replace them.

Probably worth mentioning that I couldn't get Corsair Link to detect the H100i (Latest Corsair Link Beta, using Windows 8.1).

This was solved by following the information in this link http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2062894/corsair-link-recognize-h100i.html

Now Link is detecting the pump, and it automatically popped up offering to update the firmware to 1.0.7, which I did. I set the fans to quiet mode in LINK until I get some replacements.

Your recommendation seems to be all over the net :) After plenty of researching, the Noctua NF-F12s were highly recommended for radiators, so I got two of the quiet editions to replace the noisy fans with :)

Archived