Corsair Community

Corsair force gs 128gb slow performance

Jeet1989

Hi I just have purchased Corsair Force GS 128GB SSD few days ago. And have installed my Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 over it... After running CrystalDiskMark I got this result.

http://lookpic.com/O/i2/1666/cg9BuseW.jpeg

The result is slower comparingly than benchmark i have seen all over the forums... Well my SATA interface is 6.0gb/s and AHCI is enabled in BIOS/UEFI.

How to get read/write speed >500MB/s. My windows boot time is 18 second and Corsair SSD firmware is already updated, i have checked that using corsair toolbox.

When using CrystalMark, you aren't going to see the max speed of a drive when using a smaller capacity of a drive like 128GB. You don't start to see their true performance until 240GB and bigger, I actually have a review of the Corsair Force GT where I showcase that if you would like to see it. :) (Not the best quality and definitely not as good as my past two reviews!)

The primary difference is that ATTO uses compressible data which gives excellent results on the SF controllers which excel when compressing data.

CDM and many other tools use incompressible data which means the excellent data compression of the SF controller does not stand out as much. This is why these benchmarks will look lower than ATTO marks.

Archived