Corsair Community

Ram compatibility with MSI G41m-p33 combo

J_lim2k2

Hello, i would like to all of you here if you have ideas if this ram will work (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9) with my motherboard MSI G41-p33 combo.

Is the 2A variant (dual channel set) identical with 1A (single ram)? Eg. 2x CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 vs CMV4GX3M2A1333C9?

Dual channel set is hard to find in my area so i'll probably be buying 2 sticks individually for dual channel.

There has been several report unofficial report from users about some rams working on there mobo. If you have other tested ram pls let me know.

Working/compatible rams

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 -from MSI forum

CMP8GX3M4A1333C9 -from MSI forum

TWIN3X2048-1333C9DHX -not sure

CMP8GX3M4A1333C9 -not sure

CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 --not sure if working but similar with the one im asking above.

CMZ8GX3M2A1600c9 -from a chinese blog

Companies like MSI test as many RAM modules as they can, but do not have access to every RAM module available to them, but that does not mean something that is not on the approved list will not work. More than likely, any ram kit you buy will work with this board. :)

As per the motherboard's product page:

• Supports two unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 800/1066/1333*(OC) DRAM, 8GB Max

Chances are it would work but it may auto detect the dimm/s as 1066 (which you can change).

Another thing to be wary of is if you're not buying an dual channel actual kit and just 2 dimms seperately, while it would more than likely be fine if they were the same model number, there is a small chance there could be compatibility issues.

Archived