Corsair Community

Question about h110 leaking warranty.

Robijn112

Hi.

I can let you know exactly the outcome of this scenario as it is one i am currently going through!

Here's my thread which i will be updating should anybody need clarification of how good the RMA process is:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=130073

I really don't see how a leaky hydro series could be the consumers fault... Unless of course they made the holes in it themselves! Mine ran fine for a year before it decided to grace my hardware with coolant.

problems like this happens with any brand of closed loop cooling,it just stands to reason but Corsairs leak rate is very low considering the enormous amount they sell

no business accepts responsibility to damages such as from a leak but Corsair has been known to help on an case by case basis but of course are in no way obligated to do so ...

its really common sense in that when we introduce liquids in a computer,,,we know and accept these risks...

I'm going through a damage claim myself, sent my cooler and video card off for evaluation on Thursday. My 6 month old H100i leaked coolant onto my GTX 780 Ti damaging it to the point where it won't send a signal to my display. I'm praying they do me right. I went with Corsair parts because I thought they were a name you could trust in the industry, but unfortunately, I'm learning quite the opposite. Pretty much everything I've bought from them, I've had some sort of problem with. They do have great customer service though, I just wish I didn't feel like I'm on a first name basis with them.

Now I saved for 6 months, then bought the parts and built my dream machine. When I finally got everything dialed in, I loved it! But to one day try and turn it on, only to have it not work because yet another one of Corsair's parts failed, (taking the most expensive component along with it), I was devastated. When I pulled out my $750 dollar video card and coolant poured out of it, my feelings ran the gamut: sad, mad, angry, scared, frustrated.

I'm patiently waiting to hear back to see what they do, but like I said, I hope they do me right. If you guys want, I'll keep you posted as to how they resolve this.

Here are some photos- Corsair H100i Leak

From here on out, I'm sticking to air cooling.

i truly do hope for the best with you guys and i know im not very popular voicing my opinion on this but if it matters im 4 times more likely to spring a leak as others here as all 4 of my builds are on water,,,but if one springs a leak,,itll be replaced with another hydro...

It's been over a week since I sent my stuff off for evaluation and I heard nothing from Corsair. I finally updated my ticket to check in and was told I would receive something by end of day yesterday. Well, today is the next day and still nothing. I'm just sitting here staring at my machine wishing I could use it. Going on almost 3 weeks since leak.

Archived