Corsair Community

Corsair 750D 200mm side panel fan mod (Huge difference)

Guns90

Hey guys, just finished ghetto modding my new 750D case and thought i'd show and tell.

Firstly, im running a couple GPU's in crossfire and they were getting way too hot for my liking even after de-clocking them heaps. Not to mention the heat affecting the CPU and H100i temps. The computer was a damned oven i swear. I could have made scrambled eggs on that plexi glass lol.

So I decided to buy the biggest fan i could get, a 200mm Coolermaster clear frame LED fan and a 200mm clear frame aluminium mesh filter, heres a link where i got the filter. -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10221/ffi-47/ModRight_FilterRight_200mm_Clear_Aluminum_Fan_Filter_Cooler_Master_HAF_ATCS_840.html?tl=g47c223s1092

Not making a tutorial or anything because i did it all quite roughly and wasnt precise at all lol, but it turned out alright and serves its purpose while still looking cool. I'll also mention i have the fan sucking air from outside and blowing INTO the case, point blank on the graphics cards.

Anyway down to business, using the Furmark stress tester, GPU temps would hit 80 degrees celcius within a few minutes and then keep climbing probably to 90+, whereas now the GPU temperature line graphs sit nice and steady on 75 degrees and stay there.

Battlefield 4 would see high 70 degrees celcius while playing, now low 60's.

So yeah, i am pretty happy now. :biggrin:

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/lukerer1/IMG_1875_zps3fc583be.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/lukerer1/IMG_1876_zps8c00f59d.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/lukerer1/IMG_1877_zps4661c344.jpg

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s423/lukerer1/IMG_1878_zps35ea65e3.jpg

Thanks guys. I just used whatever self tapping screws and stuff i had lying around my workplace. Not fussed about the screw colour personally, and i dare not change them either for fear of cracking the glass. Maybe what might be better to use in place of the screws would be some kind of plastic/rubber pop-in plug type things you see in car trims.

Thanks guys. I just used whatever self tapping screws and stuff i had lying around my workplace. Not fussed about the screw colour personally, and i dare not change them either for fear of cracking the glass. Maybe what might be better to use in place of the screws would be some kind of plastic/rubber pop-in plug type things you see in car trims.

If you're not planning on removing the fan anytime soon there's no need to change anything. It looks, and clearly works well. :biggrin:

I am curious, the plastic in the window is not very thick. Does it vibrate noticeably with the fan on?

Agreed, i'll be leaving them as it is. I was thinking only for the filter to make it easier to get off and clean. But its just as easy to get the vacuum cleaner on it to suck the dust off.

I havent heard any vibration noise whatsoever so far.

Agreed, i'll be leaving them as it is. I was thinking only for the filter to make it easier to get off and clean. But its just as easy to get the vacuum cleaner on it to suck the dust off.

I havent heard any vibration noise whatsoever so far.

Even though the side panel filter I put on my old case (still in use...for a short while) is removable, since I have to remove the panel anyway to blow out the fine dust that manages to get past the filters, I just use a finger to keep the fan from spinning and blow back through it from the inside to blow the dust from the filter while the filter is still installed. I use a vacuum on the outside to prolong the time before I need to do a more through cleaning

As someone with a long haired cat who likes to hang out in my office. Lint rollers + compressed air for the outside of the filter work great. Seriously it's like every second day with this kitty...

Cat fur makes a great filter. A build up of cat fur will filter out dust, bugs, small animals, air...uh...wait a minute...

Nice mod man did this with my nzxt 810 to keep temps down. Hard to do a window without cracking. I went threw 2 lol. Made less diff in the 810 tho as it had 7 140mm installed already. Made a massive difference in my 600T tho. Just attached it to the mesh on that tho as the window isn't much bigger than the fan.

Actually, I found a 200mm fan just like that one in a box of bits yesterday (from a HAF912). I'd consider fitting it but I'm not that handy these days and I would worry about screwing it up. Oh and I'd have to cut the LED wires so that it didn't light up.

Archived