Corsair Community

lightning node dead after firmware update

AndyBroke

I got a message that there was a firmware update for the lightning node and the cooling node. After i updated nothing was working, and after reinstalling corsair link and deleting profiles the program just crashed when I started it.

First I disconnected everyting, then the program started fine.

After I connected the cooling node it started firmware recovery, and the cooling node started to work again.

After I plug in the lightning node again the program crashes.

It also crashes when I plug in my h100, but corsair told me i could rma that.

I think my lightning node is bricked. There is a yellow light in one of the led strips and a weak purple light in the other.

Do you have any ideas?

It worked fine on 2.6.5214 since it came out. But it all stopped working after a firmware update.

I uninstalled it, deleted the app data and did a cold boot several times, but it still doesnt work.

The cooling node is working fine after it was recovered by the firmware updater, but it doesnt seem to be able to recover the lightning node.

if your lighting node has the same firmware,then something in the uninstall wasnt deleted i would think,,in the past many said their nodes were bricked,even myself but i got mine to work by clearing and fully uninstalling link,,but i did also clean the registry too...

No it doesnt have the same firmware. The firmware update utility wanted to update the lighting node. After it did that it stopped working. The firmware recovery detects it as diffrent things. The last time it detected it as a h80 and flashed h80 software on it.

Archived