Corsair Community

H100i 4770k installation

aceberg

Hello

I just bought H100i and installed cooler. I booted my com and warned me as "cpu fan problem" and I was not able to get OS.. I had no chance to load USB link Software thus.

MB. Z-87-A Win 8.1 64 Bit

Any help please ?

You need to connect a fan or the pump to the CPU Fan header.

If you don't feel like reconfiguring your set up and you know for a fact that the pump and fans are both running. Then, you can go into the bios and change the settings to ignore that fan header and you won't receive that error.

You need to connect a fan or the pump to the CPU Fan header.

If you don't feel like reconfiguring your set up and you know for a fact that the pump and fans are both running. Then, you can go into the bios and change the settings to ignore that fan header and you won't receive that error.

Hi thanks for the answer

I installed the H100i Properly but why I get "cpu fan" warning ? any idea ?

Thanks

Please read the bold text.

I installed exactly like that so should not be any problem.. I think pump connection to cpu fan causing the problem maybe it just read the rpm there is no power transfer so connection thinks no cpu fan connected ? Do you think this cause the "cpu fan" warning ?

Thanks

I installed exactly like that so should not be any problem.. I think pump connection to cpu fan causing the problem maybe it just read the rpm there is no power transfer so connection thinks no cpu fan connected ? Do you think this cause the "cpu fan" warning ?

Thanks

I found this in internet do you guys think it is okey to do like that any harm to the h100i ?

"The pump that sits on the CPU connects to the CPU_Fan port on the motherboard via a single wire. It simply reports the RPMs of… not sure really. It was always showing about 2,000. I disconnected that from the CPU_Fan. I connected the radiator fan closest to the radiator input/output tubes to the CPU_Fan and the second radiator fan to the CPU_Opt port. I then disconnected the USB header on the pump from the motherboard. I left the SATA power connected. You need that for the pump motor. It no worky for sure if you disconnect that."

My computer was working perfect with stock fan. After H100İ i had problems

so my computer is in the service but service guy did not understand about matter so he decided to send the MB to asus service , CPU to intel and rams to service he wonders if cpu fan problem had caused some problem with that components.. so I will not be able to use my computer for 1 month..

I will give feed back about this issue..

• 4 weeks later...
Finally I moved corsair link cable and uninstalled corsair link driver I connected fans directly to cpu fan header and other fan to opt fan header now I control H100i fans via MB fan controller result is very fine. I also activated cpu heat warning via MB..

Archived