Corsair Community

AX760i suddenly shuts down and red light

eldorado

Hi i have problem with ax760i. I first sent it to technical service but they said it has no problem. But after that i have still same problems with this psu. Now i will send this psu again but i dont know what will happen.

I have 4770K, MSI Z87 Mpower Max, Sapphire R280X Toxic, Corsair 750D case

• Corsair Employees

Is there something in particular that leads up to the shutting down? A particular task, etc?

This is most likely a trigger of the safety system of the PSU. Could be a few things:

Overheating. That's easy to test with an AXi because of the self test button, but also you can manually turn on and monitor the fan in Link.

Another reason could be OCP. How do you have the PCIe cable hooked up to your graphics card? One cable with two connectors or two cables? Another thing to consider is this: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/may/setting-up-ocp-on-the-ax1500i

Finally, there could be a short somewhere in your PC that is causing the PSU to latch off.

It especially shuts down when system is in IDLE and while playing games. I have to unplug the cable and wait to run psu again.

I hooked two seperate 8 pin pcie cables(2*8 pin) to R9 280X.

But psu is running well while selftesting process.

I dont think about overheating because fans run when system starts.

• Corsair Employees
It especially shuts down when system is in IDLE and while playing games. I have to unplug the cable and wait to run psu again.

I hooked two seperate 8 pin pcie cables(2*8 pin) to R9 280X.

But psu is running well while selftesting process.

I dont think about overheating because fans run when system starts.

Then that leaves the one last possibility that you haven't troubleshot: a short somewhere.

Archived