Corsair Community

H80i with broken screw threads. Problems in rma process

Long story short. Or long I bought a h80i as I thought it would be good quality and whatnot as other corsair products have been so far. Well I barely tightened the screws that attach the whole contraption to the case when 2 of the screw holes threads broke. Everything was aligned well and I didn't use excessive force, on the contrary I had barely tightened them at all. I contacted customer service and got rma for it. First I was sent a set of new screws even when I said I needed whole unit. Well they said i could keep the screws.When that was settled i explained how insanely expensive it would be for me if i had to pay for the postage of sending the faulty unit back and i was promissed that corsair would take care of it. I already have the ups cargo manifest thing in my email. Then out of nowhere another rma number was created about the same thing and the conversation continues there. Then I was told I should contact customer service by phone if I wanted the express rma, wich I did. But now they are saying that I have to pay for the postage when sending the faulty unit back wich would be at least half of the new units price, now that is unacceptable! The rma ticket numbers are 6465745 the original one and 6467845 the new created by the customer service for some reason.

it is a normal standard procedure among businesses for the customer to pay to send it back,,we all have to do it for whatever business and not just Corsair,unfortunate but so.

also pay close attention to the sheetmetal on the hydro and youll notice its quite thin as all radiators are and one revolution of the screw too much will always result in stripping it out..,,just a heads up

thats a standard for the majority,i literally have dozens of fans,usb devices,cards and such that was just not worth the postage to return,suxx but..

if you were told your return would be paid for,it would be customer service that you would need to confer with,this the mods here can only forward your concerns to them which will usually take even longer.

at any rate sorry for the inconvenience to you on this as its always a hassle not to have a working part,,hope you get it quickly resolved...

And yes the "sheet metal" or aluminum on the radiator is way too flimsy on the anchor points

yes it is which care must be taken and only snug it up

the way i do it and have yet to strip one out is as i tighten i wiggle the rad or fan while screwing and when the movement stops,i rotate an additional 1/4 turn

and if a rattle should occur,i press on the screw areas till i find the one thats loose and go 1/4 turn again...

A quote from the original ticket

"Created By: Henry TS (5/19/2014 2:50 PM)

Hello Marko,

We will take care of shipping for you. A call tag has been requested for you and it should arrive in your email within 2-3 business days."

The Call tag or ups cargo manifest thing is for the original rma number, not the 2nd one. and the express rma has been linked to the 2nd ticket. but i never requested for the 2nd rma ticket, it was created by them. even before the 1st ticket was resolved/closed.

I chose to contact corsair directly because i saw this express rma thing, because i don't have my old cooler anymore and me or my wife need the computer daily. and the retailer would have required me to send the faulty unit back first before they would have sent me replacement. but if i had knew this would become this hard i would have just returned the item and asked for refund. i have small hope left for corsair but if they actually do take their words/promises back and not grant the free shipping for returning, im calling whole rma thing off and return it to the retailer, and it will be the last corsair product i will ever get.

Ok the issue is solved. I got my new unit installed safely and working. And did get the free postage as originally promised. Too bad I can't use the link because it and asus suite dont get along well :D and the amount of case fans I have wouldn't be practical to control with the link alone.

Archived