Corsair Community

H100i RPM's

kennytaco

Hello All, I have a question on the RPM's for the H100i. When i have it running in Balanced Mode the RPM stays at 1850-1875, that just seems rather high to me. So I am wondering what hte RPM should be in the different modes? The temp on the Processor is running low around 20-24, so I know its working since even in games it does not get over 40, I am just wondering about the noise. Even when I turn it to quite mode it runs at 1100-1200, is that normal?

Thank you,

Kennytaco

That's about what mine run at, I've done small tests on quiet/balanced/performance mode and it seems to keep my CPU at relatively the same temp on all modes, maybe a couple degrees off. So I just keep mine on quiet or balanced for noise control unless I get into serious lengthy gaming then I swap to performance to keep the temps as low as possible for the session.

If you have CorsairLink installed you'll need to group the fans with the H100i Temp1, or the CPU Temp if you want a faster response. (I'd go with the H100i temp as it seems the CPU temp is mis-reading)

I seem to remember the fans weren't grouped on a fresh install so had no temp to refer to.

If you're not using CorsairLink then this doesn't apply.

I'll have to recheck the speeds then. For some reason the corsair link is not opening anymore. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program about 6 times with no luck. So if anyone knows how I can fix this hat would be great.

On a side nit I have a question. The front fan case is pressing against my ram so I had to take it out since it was scrapping with the blade. I was wondering if there are slim fans that I can use instead of this one fan or is here another way I can install his without removing my ram stick?

Windows 8.1 says it all to me. I've personally given up that battle, tho others are still fighting it and some of those are successful. I've never had Win8 even installed yet, so someone else needs to give you pointers on this.

I'd be interested in replies regarding the slimline fans. My case has the option of a side fan, which I'd love for my GPUs, but my current H80i gets in the way lol

Archived