Corsair Community

ASUS Dual channel upgrade not working

mfoulon

I have an ASUS A8V the luxe motherboard with the originally bought Corsair TwinX512-3200LL memory installed on the blue slots (as configured according the manual). Today I bough a second set of Corsair TwinX512-3200C2 memory and installed it in the black slots. I assumed this is correct, again according to the ASUS manual. But the system won't boot up. Testing the memory in individual pairs works ok, but it seems that these 2 TwinX pairs don't match together in a dual memory environment.

Anyone has experience or suggestions regarding this issue?

You're mixing different different models, which is not recommended. Try these timings: 2.5-3-3-7, if no go, try 3-4-4-8.

Thanx, I'll return it to my seller with the request to send me the original 3200LL variant of TwinX512 memory.

It's the same with me.

New components.

Installing the ram into the blue slots of this mainboard results in heavy problems. At installation of XP unbelievable errors. After changing from the via raid to promise, installation works, but other errors are following.

I've checked everything, until i found a post in another forum about the same problem. I fixed the problem by mounting the ram into the B1 slots side by side (blue and black) so they are not using the dual modus.

RAM Moduls:

CMX512-3200LL

1. LOT# 0408033-1

2. LOT# 0432074-2

Are the models different????

Then my distributor will get some trouble.

If you need more informations please reply.

It was my first try with Corsair Ram. :mad:

I don't experience any problems while using the 2 Corsair TwinX 3200 LL memory chips in the blue banks. But I did had to set the Bios right. Working on standard settings results in errors. You have to set everything right (Cas Latency, voltage, etc). You can test the memory with a program like memtest.

You're mixing different different models, which is not recommended. Try these timings: 2.5-3-3-7, if no go, try 3-4-4-8.

It's an idea to change the timings, but I didn't buy fast memory 2.3.2.6 for a lot of money to work on the performance of slow memory for which I could have bought Twinmax memory for half the price / 2 times as much memory.

• Corsair Employee
First thing, you cannot mix memory with many of the MB's on the market today. In addition, I would also suggest setting the timings manually as that may help the system run, then test with http://www.memtest.org. Also we only guarantee one set at the rated speed as well as many of these MB's suggest running the memory at DDR333 when you have more than 2 modules installed!

Archived