• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 6 results

1. I just finished a new build and I made a point not to "cheap" out with the luxuries this time round which inevitably always landed me with mis matched parts, noisy fans, and out of control RGB across platforms. For this reason I went pretty hard into the Corsair ecosystem including QX fans and a H150 elite XT LCD AIO, which ain't cheap! It all looks fantastic. I've got issues with the pump noise though. I use my PC for work as well as play, so am often sat in silence with my PC on the desk next to me, and the high pitched pump whine is annoying the heck out of me! All that money spent making the thing look pretty and I'm now considering demoting it down to the floor or inside a cupboard just to shut it up. I don't really mind if the system makes noise under load, as I've usually got headphones or sound on by that point, so wont hear it. but when I need to concentrate for work, It's a pretty annoying pitch. Is setting the pump to "quiet" in the icue software the best I can do? Its still running at minimum 2300rpm. I'm not sure how that compares to other modern AIOs, as I've never had to consider it before. The corsair is the first solution I've had which isn't controlled via a fan or pump header from the mobo and locks me into icue determined presets. By comparison, my now 7 year old NZXT AIO pump is still near silent, even at higher speeds. I didn't even consider the AIO in terms of noise when I specced it as I'm sure they just all use basically the same asetek pumps anyway. I assumed that the newest, biggest, most expensive ones would all use whatever the newest best available pumps were and they'd be the at least the same or better than my old one. Is this not the case here? Did corsair cheap out or mess something else up here? or did AIO pumps get worse since the last time I bought one? Maybe I've got a faulty unit, but looking around online reveals that I'm not the only one complaining about this. at 30C It feels like there's plenty of headroom heat wise to turn the speed down a bit on idol, and I don't think it'd need much to bring the pitch down to more acceptable levels. Is there any chance that corsair will address the lower limits or give more control with an update, or are we likely just stuck with the current choices of "medium", "high" and "obnoxious" whine levels. Perhaps more concerning I have an occasional much worse sound from my pump when the CPU is under load. This sounds more like a dry fan bearing so I'm thinking I could have some air in it. It isn't an issue I've ever experienced before so not sure. My fitment is pretty conventional, upright mid tower, side exit AIO tubes, with my radiator up top. I've tried tipping the case, and manipulated the tubes to try and shake loose any air, but seemingly no change. Its a new system, so I haven't had much prolonged use. Hopefully it might just sort itself out if it hasn't already. 3rd issue, is the way fans quickly ramp up and down under load, it seems whatever the setting, they can go up to tornado levels for a second or 2 and then straight back down. the displayed temps jump around a bit, so is it possible I may have a mounting issue as well? I've just used the stock pre-applied paste which is a first for me, could this be bad? Is there anyway to take control away from icue to set custom curves or speeds somewhere else? It's a bit hard to record, but here is a video 200% audio. all fans off at first to show quiet, balanced and then extreme pump noise at idol. That's not exactly horrendous, but hearing it on loop for hours at a time isn't so great. The 2nd and 3rd clips are more concerning when I managed to catch it making a real racket, this sounds more like it could be trapped air to me, which maybe clears itself right at the end of the 3rd clip? I'll have to monitor this to see if it continues or sorts itself...
  2. So I just purchased a brand new Corsair HX1000 to go into my new computer - but when I put a GPU into the system it whines really badly and can be heard from meters away. I also own a HX1200 so I tried swapping the HX1000 with the 1200 and it was fine. I put the HX1000 in a different system and the issue occured there indicating it's definitely the PSU. See the below video of the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l2vap84bb4ghzo/sound_issue.mp4?dl=0 Is this normal for the HX1000's?
  3. Hi, I receved a pair of HS70 Pro today and when i first used them there was a quiet buzzing sound on the left ear. I tried reinstalling the frameware multible times, but the sound is still here. It sounds like a 120Hz square wave. Is that normall? Can anyone help? edit: the sound is only there when there is a wireless connection. It change frequencies when i turn mic on and off and when i change the mic volume. It doesn't sound like a wireless backround noise and i don't think it is because it's only on the left ear. I found some other treads about similar problems on the Hs70 and Hs70SE. Thank you SK
  4. Hello everyone, about 9 months ago i bought my new pc with a Ryzen 5 3600, A RTX 2070 Super, the Corsair Obsidian 500 RGB SE case and 3 Corsair ll 120 fans. The problem that I have is that the fans become noticable at around 700-800 rpm and if they are over 1000 rpm its basically like a vacuum cleaner. So far I tried everything: Cleaning the fans completly and also re-assembling them. I think its also mentionable that they were that loud from the beginning, but i thought it was normal so i did set them always under 800 rpm. I dont know what to do anymore, and if i can return my case, because i dont have the original packaging. My CPU is constantly at around 50-60 C in idle mode, which is prolly not the best either. I would appreciate some help (:
  5. Hello all, I have scoured the internet for months now trying to find something similar to what I've been dealing with. I have only ever come across one thread with a similar issue which is here. https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=116511&highlight=ticking I had a Seasonic PRIME 850w Titanium for a few months that did the exact same thing, but slightly louder. It was one of the reasons I swapped it out for this unit instead, but this one also does the EXACT same thing. All voltages are normal and everything is stable. The list of things I've tried goes as follows - Tried different outlets - Bios updates - Overclocked - All power save settings on and off - Hired an electrician to check my wiring in the house - Bought a UPS (cyberpower le1000dg) - Re-did all cable management I am completely out of ideas. It is not loud by any means, but if the room is silent I can faintly hear it. I also find it hard to believe it could be faulty considering this is now two $300 PSUs, while the other PCs in the house run cheap EVGAs and the only noise they make is the fan. When I had my Seasonic I contacted them, which they told me it is probably the Active PFC working. I can't find any info anywhere to corroborate this though. Anyone have any ideas? Is it just really bad luck with psus and should I just RMA it? Or is this just normal operation noise or software issue? Really hope someone can help me out! Thanks in advance!
  6. Hi I replaced my old corsair AIO with the ´H115i Pro´ back in 2018 (Black Friday) and now im noticing cricket like noises when running in Quit mode. And it is getting quite annoying sadly. But is this normal? I think the sound is coming from where im recording with my phone. https://streamable.com/pcq7f Thank you edit: sorry for bad audio/video quality I dont have the best phone for recording