Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'overheating cpu'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 7 results

1. I have a Corsair One i160, purchased in August of 2019. A few days ago the heat warning appeared on the case (left side RGB off, right side RGB flashing red). The system was basically idle. I took it apart, cleaned out all of the fans and radiators, etc. Nothing was particularly dirty or dusty. Still overheating. I replaced the thermal paste with a fresh application of Corsair XTM50. Still overheating. Ambient room temp is roughly 74F/23C. The unit is well ventilated on a desktop, no blockages, etc. Any ideas on what I should check next? Thank you,
  2. Hi! I am having an issue with the CPU cooler in my PC build. Whenever I boot my PC, the fans on the cooler run and it looks like the cooler is working. However, in my BIOS, the RPM shows 0 and the CPU (Intel i7-12700K) temperature rises. Is there anyone who is having the same issue and/or knows what I can do to fix it?
  3. Hello, I'm having issues with my h60 and my CPU has been hitting 100°C frequently for the past while (I thought they were false readings in MSI Afterburner and iCue). I've taken out the pump and radiator, gotten any possible air out of the pump, scraped and reapplied thermal paste, and even tried changing where they were plugged in. Any ideas? I'm really stuck here and would like to be able to use my PC without it being a nuclear reactor (despite feeling barely lukewarm to my hand) I've attatched an image of BIOS from yesterday, Pump 1 is the fan the radiator is attatched to, and System 6 is my back fan, the pump itself was plugged into CPU_FAN_1. As of cleaning, I had moved the pump to Pump_Fan_1 and the radiator fan to Sys_Fan_4 but nothing has improved.
  4. I have got to be completely honest here. This is going to be a combination of a rant, an expression of frustration and request for a solution ASAP. Firstly, some background. I recently spent $10,000 AUD purchasing components and peripherals for an ASUS x Corsair High Performance Gaming/Dev PC Build. I built the PC, everything was working fine for a few hours and then I get a red exclamation point on my H150i Elite LCD AIO Cooler. All firmware is up to date, however I forced an update and this temporarily fixed the issue but it reverted back to that same damned exclamation point not an hour later. I lookeded through and tried every single solution/piece of advice I could find on this issue and nothing worked. I ensured that from the pump: the 20 pin cable was properly seated and connected into the Commander Core controller the 3 pin was connected to the CPU_FAN port on the Motherboard. I ensured that from the fans: the PWM (fan) cables were connected to the controller correctly and in order (as advised by CORSAIR support) the RGB control cables were connected to the controller correctly and in order, matching their respective PWM/Fan ports (as advised by CORSAIR support) I ensured that from the CCore: the SATA power was to connected correctly to the PSU SATA cable the USB 2.0 cable was connected via the splitter correctly and no connection was loose. I reseated the LCD screen I did a clean uninstall/reinstall of iCUE I removed the Y-Splitter and had the LCD and CCore plugged separately into the two USB headers on the Mobo (Z690 Hero) None of these "solutions" worked, at least for me (and from what I can see a lot of other people). I ended up receiving a replacement unit through the reseller I purchased it from and low and behold the same issue is still occurring with completely new hardware. This is beyond a joke now. I understand these things happen, but we can't keep flogging a dead horse. I need to use this PC for work and I'm unable to do so and instead have to continue using my outdated, slow laptop which is almost impossible. I shouldn't be expected to outlay more money to purchase a new laptop in the interim, not that anyone is suggesting I do, but realistically, at this point, what other options are there? Corsair doesn't seem to have a solution to fix this issue which has been prevalent for over a year now. So I ask you Corsair, what can be done about this? Will you provide me with a full refund so I can purchase a competitors product or have you recently come up with a solution that will actually rectify the issue?
  5. I have had my cooler for about 3 years now and recently I noticed my game stuttering and running slowly. Then I went into ICUE and found that my CPU was 90*C and throttling heavily. In the ICUE software no matter what I set the pre-sets and settings to on the cooler the fan speed never goes above 600-700RPM whilst the pump operates at max speed. I have tried setting the fans to a constant RPM of max RPM and still nothing changes. This happened recently after I used a software called signal RGB, I am still able to change the RGB settings of the fans and RPM of the pump just not the fan speed. I uninstalled Signal RGB thoroughly and restarted the ICUE software and still nothing. Any help is appreciated and I can probably respond after 5PM in the UK,
  6. Hello all, So after many hours of planning and research, I got everything hooked up this weekend. doing my 24 hour leak test went very well, with no condensation or dripping. During this time I had the commander pro hooked up as well, testing lights on the new fans and verifying they all run properly. everything seemed to go well, but about 2 hours in all the RGB shut off on the fans. At that point it was fine with me as it was pretty late. When I woke the next morning I began the excruciating task of cable management, already having a single commander pro and a lighting node pro, on top of doing push/pull on the new 420 rad. So, 6 fans in total for the new Cpro. Got everything wired up, and the fans are spinning (on very, very low speeds) and none of the RGB will work. So I think maybe its the fact i'm using a USB plug direct from my motherboard, and so i plug it into the commander pro I already have, to one of the USB headers. Windows throws a USB device not recognized error and icue wont see it. I move my lighting node pro to the supposedly working Commander Pro, and running from its USB header it wont show up in Icue either. Weird, huh? So my brand new commander is basically DoA, as well as the USB plugs on my (seemingly otherwise fine) Cpro not recognizing a lighting node pro or the other commander pro. I should note that I have replugged, checked all wiring, the lighting node pro works fine when direct to the motherboard, on the working Cpro. Also, the new (completely not working) cpro wont even allow its RGB hub to funciton when plugged into an LED port, but if i move it to the second commander pro with the janky USB headers, it works fine from its LED port. So, I have one "semi" working commander pro (USB headers not working?) and a brand new 800$ HydroX setup that I cant use (and on the default hardware setting wont even compete with the 240 AIO I replaced it with) because i cant control fan speed. I can only set pump speed, but it isnt recognized as a HydroX system (No HydroX Profiles appear available, and it doesnt list it in devices) and even then at 100% (4k RPM) it still wont beat my 240. I have a feeling this is solely due to lack of fancurve and pump settings in iCue not being available, and the fans being stuck at the lowest possible speed (once again I have 5 LL's in Push Pull) Please help. I put a ticket in last week with support, and haven't heard anything back. at the moment i feel like a fool having spent so much money and I cant even cool a 9900k at 5.0ghz without hitting 90 degrees, whereas my 240 AIO wouldn't even break 85ish.
  7. For quite some time my Corsair H100i V2 and CPU have been overheating (55+c and 75-80c, respectively), generally while under heavy load like gaming, but also occasionally while doing simple tasks like running file explorer and Google Chrome. I installed my H100i V2 on 12/26/2016, and until recently it cooled my processor very well, averaging about 50-60c while playing games like Overwatch in 4k (max settings). But for the past 3 months or so, I have been getting 75-80c and even higher on my CPU (FX8350) and 45-55c on my cooler which has been causing my PC to freeze and even shut down without warning (no shutting down... windows message). I already replaced the power supply, so this is not a power/voltage issue. On Corsair Link, it says my pumps and fans are running fine (2700rpm and 2040rpm, respectively). But whenever I launch software or games my temperatures immediately spike and the corsair light on my cooler turns solid red. For a while, I can play games while getting around 80c on my CPU and around 50c on my cooler, but eventually it will cause my PC to freeze. If it's of any relevance, one of the tubes on my cooler is rather warm and the other is cold while running. I assumed this is normal but maybe not. Also, I installed the fans so that they would intake air from the top of my case and blow air down into my case, towards the ground. Perhaps there is a better way? Though, this setup was working great for a while, so I don't believe it's a problem with installation, rather something is failing on me, and I don't believe it's the pump or fans. I've used an air compressor to dust out the radiator (though, I haven't taken it apart for a clean yet), and I've made sure that all the cords are plugged into the motherboard and cooling unit. I've never tried overclocking on my CPU. Thank you very much in advance, any information on the matter is greatly appreciated.