• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 7 results

1. Summer is coming - which means your PC will be recording higher temps for the duration of the season 😬. What adjustments are you making to keep your PC cooler to survive the summer heat? - Buying a better cooler? - Restricting the amount of time playing or using your rig ⏰? - Blowing an external fan towards your PC 💨? - AC on all day ? Or just leaving it and praying that it does not overheat 🤨 Lets hear your solutions!
  2. Summer is just around the corner 😎 - are you feeling a little more colorful or even changing out any figurines? Show off your summer 🌞 setups in the comments below!
  3. The temp on my i7-7700k when in the BIOS is typically around 37°C and about 50°C when idling on my desktop, not too sure if these temps are too high. I first experienced a problem when trying to emulate a game and my PC crashed after about 2 hours of it running. I tried the game again while monitoring my CPU temps, and they were hitting 100°C or near that on all cores. I thought it might just be an issue with the game, but I got near identical temps when I tested Rise of the Tomb Raider (both games running in 1440p). I checked the water temp of my AIO when playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and it only slowly works its way up from its idle 27-28°C to the low 30s. The RPM of the pump and fan seemed normal the whole time, just the speed at which the water rises. This was with the stock thermal paste that comes pre-applied on the H115i. I changed out the thermal paste to see if something was wrong with that, or if I had poorly installed the AIO, yet I'm still getting the same results; my CPU temps immediately jump to the 90s under heavy load. Same thing happened when I tested prime95. When playing less intensive games my temps are still reaching the upper 70s and even into the 80s. I reset my BIOS to see if this changed anything, but my temps still remained the same as before. This seems way to hot for an AIO from what I've seen on the internet, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with my AIO or with the CPU itself.
  4. Hi! I have the RM850 PSU, purchased in December 2013, so it's around 7 years old. It has worked flawlessly all the time and is still outputting all the power that my system needs. I have 5 hard drives, motherboard with an Intel i7, two AIO coolers, a GTX 1080 graphics card, 5 fans etc. Under full load I would say the system draws quite a lot of power. Recently I have started paying more interest to the temperatures of various components in my computer and I happened to touch the casing of the PSU. It was very hot! When I held a temperature sensor to it it was close to 50 degrees celsius (122 Fahrenheit). This is so hot that you don't want to hold your finger to it for long, but it's not so hot that you get burned. Despite this rather high temperature, the PSU fan was not running at all. This makes me a bit concerned. Not only must the high temperature put a stress on the components in the PSU, it also generates a substantial amount of heat that the case fans have to move out of the computer case. I know the RM850 has a zero RPM configuration, but when the PSU is this hot, one would think the fan should be running. I also followed Corsairs fan testing guide (https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025085372-How-to-Test-a-power-supply-unit) both with and without a load on the PSU. The fan does not spinn up despite the paper clip that connects pin 4 and 5 on the ATX cable. When I switch the PSU off after the test, the fan makes a little "jitter", but that's it. My conclusion is that the fan seems to be okay, but the PSU never tells it to start. What are my options? I'm thinking of rewiring the PSU fan by connecting it to an external fan connector that I can control manually or with the help of Corsair Commander. I have opened up the PSU so any warranty is long gone. It doesn't matter though since the PSU is so old.
  5. Today I received my cooler. I installed just as it is described in the manual. However, my CPU temp still climbes up to 100 degrees Celcius while running a Cinebench R20 test. I read the liquid temp as about 30's. I dismounted the pump and reconnected it, in case if I had a faulty install. I am using Arctic MX-4 as thermal paste. I've squeezed the screws connected to the hooks as tight as I could. Everything else is just operating fine. I checked the pump if it is working. I felt a slight vibration which I think means that it is functioning. Is there a step or a trick I am missing? Thanks in advance for all comments. My Hardware Specs. AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU MSI x570 Gaming Edge Wifi Motherboard Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Rams Asus Turbo GeForce RTX 2070 Super Evo Graphics Card Adata 512GB XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD Corsair Carbide Spec-05 Case Corsair VS550 PSU
  6. So while trying to iron out some noisy case vibrations the radiator fans cause at certain RPM on my case by playing with the fan speed curve, I noticed that the CPU was actually really hot at idle and that my CPU wasn't even overclocked.. So I checked it while I was rendering out some video in Premiere and observed this hot nonsense. Clearly it has to be thermal throttling to all hell. I missed the end of the render so I'm not sure of the time difference between load end and the idle screenshot, but it can't be much more than 10mins maybe I'd guess? It basically sits around 70c at idle and then under even very light load pops up to 80c - Ambient temp in the room is 21c right now. - Radiator is mounted on top of the case - fans mounted in push to exhaust out the top of the case - this is my second h115i after the first one had a failed pump. When that one was still working it was WAY better than this one is and actually pushed out heat :( The only part of the radiator that feels warm at any time (under load or at idle) was the corner closest to the input pipe, the rest all felt very cool. It's really such a small area that was warm and the air coming through it was warm as well, but the rest was no different feeling between under load and at idle temps to me and all. I'm trying to figure out if the CPU block is just mounted badly? Has a blockage in the radiator? both? :confused: Any help decoding what is going on would be most appreciated!
  7. Hi all, on the RM650x, does the fan blow air inside the PSU or does it blow hot air out?