• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 5 results

1. Hello, I have a RM1000x 80+ gold PSU and an 7900 xtx. With my power supply, I was given there PCIe cables with 2 bits that split at the end of them (pigtails???). Is it alright to use 1 cable and half of another cable. I've seen posts about not to use dual cables because it can mess things up. Don't want to somehow damage my expensive GPU. These are the only PCIe (3, all the same) cables I was given. Advice would be much appreciated because I'm scared to plug them into my GPU. Or is there some other correct way of doing this? My GPU has 16 pins or 3 x 8 pins. Sorry I am noob. Or is there a way to buy 3 compatible SINGLE CONNECTORS PCIe cables that will work fine with my system and where can I buy them (link of some kind), thanks to anyone that can help me.
  2. Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what connectors are needed for the CMPSU-1000HX powers supply. I know it's quite old, but I'm just needing to buy some PCIe connectors. I can see on the Corsair website they sell Type 3 PCIe connectors but unsure if they will fit this PSU. Any recommendations are appreciated!
  3. Hello everyone, I recently purchased an HX1000. It comes with 4x Type 4 PCIe cables (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-PCIe-cable-with-pigtail-connector-and-capacitors-for-Type-4-PSU/p/CP-8920143). However, these cables daisy chain to an additional 6+2 pin connector. For aesthetics, I'd rather the cable only have one 6+2 pin connector and still be sleeved. The only official Corsair cable I can find that meets this criteria is Type 3 (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-3-Sleeved-Black-PCIe-Cable/p/CP-8920111). The cable lists as compatible with the HX series, and the compatibility chart shows the HX1000 as being compatible (https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility) with both Type 3 and Type 4 PCIe cables. So I'm confident the Type 3 PCIe cables will work, but is there an advantage to using Type 4 over Type 3 PCIe cables? I've read that Type 4 cables have built-in capacitors that can reduce ripple suppression. Will this even have an affect? Thank you, Brett
  4. Hi All, I am not a newb when it comes to PC's, I have been in the industry 44 years BUT I recently brought 3 RM1000X PSU's and I can not find anywhere which of the six 8 PIN connectors on the back are EPS and which are for PCIe Video. I've checked the manual and there is no indication and I have checked the PSU and there is no indication, I even went looking for installation videos to no avail. My previous Silverstone Striders ( still in use ) made it extremely clear and even had different socket colours ( blue ) for you to plug the PCIe connections into so there could be no confusion. I HATE making assumptions. Are the six 8 pin connections on the PSU all the same I.E you could plug PCIe or EPS into any of them and it would just work or are there specific connectors for specific cabling - this needs to be a lot clearer IMHO. Thanks in advance.
  5. Hello, I bought a computer as it was built(missing a graphics card) off someone over a year ago and I didn't know to ask for the remaining uninstalled power supply cables. I don't think that these were something I was given and I don't want to trouble him to find them. I recently got a graphics card that takes 2 8pin PCIe cables. I have a Corsair RMx 850 power supply. Are these a set that would have come with the power supply?: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Premium-Individually-Sleeved-PCIe-Cables-%28Single-Connector%29-Type-4-Gen-4/p/CP-8920243 EDIT: Just realized through package contents that these appear to be just two 8 pin to 6+2 pin cables, not a full set, ergo exactly what I need. Still confused what the cable below is. Will probably order one of these. Is this just one 6+2 PCIe cable?: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-PCIe-cable-with-pigtail-connector-and-capacitors-for-Type-4-PSU/p/CP-8920143 Presumably I just need to buy 2 of the single cable. The pictures are confusing they seem to show 2 cables and only one end of the cable clearly. Does anyone know how long it is? Sorry if questions seem obvious. New to most of this.