Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'overclocking'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 8 results

1. Let's talk about the daunting topic, overclocking 🕓 this subject is often talked about when people start building PC's. Did you decide to overclock your computer and if so, what did you find most difficult? For my seasoned overclockers, do you have any tips & tricks 🗒️ for first-timers? And for anyone that decided not to overclock their computer, what had turned you away from it 🤔?
  2. I recently got the Corsair Vengeance i7200, and it was having some serious issues with black screen crashing. I tried a plethora of troubleshooting, but what ended up fixing it was updating the BIOS to the latest one provided on Corsair's website. The bios update caused issues on it's own, was met with a black screen and no POST, had to reset the CMOS, and even then I was only able to get into BIOS/Windows upon taking out 3 of the 4 ram sticks. Turned the pc off and put the other ram sticks back in, but upon booting it up, I consistently received "Memory Overclocking Failure." I found that turning off the XMP profile in the BIOS fixed this issue, and I'm able to reboot without issue. XMP profile didn't cause this before the BIOS update. I tried manually setting the frequency to 3200 MHz, timings to 16-18-18-36, and voltage to 1.35, to no avail. I'm still rather new to messing around with computers, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I'm pretty certain that the BIOS update is what solved my crashes, as I've heard other people also fixed their crashes with it, so I don't think I should flash to the old version. I'd definitely like to get the advertised 3200 MHz out of the memory and would appreciate any troubleshooting advice.
  3. We’ve partnered up with our friends at HWBOT to put together an overclocking competition that everyone can participate in before we celebrate the launch of DDR5 later this year! Requirements: You must use CORSAIR DDR4 memory No engineering/qualification samples of other components are allowed The rig you use must be yours and you must use the same platform (CPU/motherboard) for all 3 stages of the contest No sub-ambient cooling allowed, let's see what you can do with a standard air cooler / liquid cooling Contest Details: The competition will take place over the course of 3 different stages, each lasting roughly 2 weeks to give you time to dial in your overclock and get the highest score you can get for each benchmark (the benchmark will change for each stage). The first stage kicked off on August 15th and will run through September 7th (at the time of writing, you've got 18 days to get your first submission in for this stage of the competition). Entry Details: If you want to participate in this contest, head on over to HWBOT for the full list of rules and other information you need to get started! Prizes? There are prizes, right? Indeed! We're giving away prize packs to the top 5 competitors, including some keyboards, mice, and of course hardware for your next build like a MP600 PRO SSD and one of our new RMx power supplies! If you do well enough, you'll also get the chance to be among the first to get some kits of DDR5 memory when they launch later this year! Best of luck to all that participate!
  4. Been wanting to learn to overclock my current build so I can get it running correctly, started another thread thinking the RAM was the issue but wasn't so I'm thinking it's just not stable but other than using the XMPI/II I don't know almost anything about overclocking as I've never seen the point personally. Thing is the setup for both XMP's sets the RAM to 2666, like I want, but games always eventually lock up the system. I've already tried new ram so now I have 64gb's of ram as faulty hardware isn't the issue, and also a new gpu because we thought that was the problem the first time. I've so far read around online that unstable overclocking can make your computer freeze/lock up and/or BSOD randomly or very often if setup wrong. I figured the XMP files would automatically be alright as it's what the RAM was tested for but maybe not. If anyone has any video's or guides how to do it step by step or if anyone has a similar build or the same exact build! Been tempted to take the ram a little lower and possibly give the CPU a couple steps up for voltage as that can freeze/crash your computer too I'm sure.
  5. Hi all, it's about time for a fresh general guide for using XMP/manually overclocking your memory so we've worked with Linus to put this quick video together. [ame] [/ame]
  6. Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you have found success with overclocking the i165. What I mean is if you've gotten significantly more performance out of it, because I tried and did not achieve more than some inconsistent 2% ish boosts in CPU speed and, perhaps, a few frames more per second from the GPU at the expense of a lot more fan noise (though still at full volume it wasn't a big deal - i just think that the tradeoff of silence for a few less frames is worth it). Jake
  7. Hello all, I have done a little research without much fruit falling to the ground, so I've decided to throw this out to the field for some feedback. Last year I bough the Corsair chips found in my profile for a new Ryzen 2700X build. Everything went great, no issues, ran it for a while - then deceived to upgrade to an X570 to prepare for a 3950X upgrade later in 2020. Did the fresh install as usual, and all went well, no BSODs, no problems. Ran it fine with all my games, no issues with anything. Then one day, I wanted to play around with OC options. I mean, why have all this new O- capable hardware and not OC, right? Then I learned that my Corsair chips are different. Had no clue when I bought them (same label, same part #, same price, sam packaging) one literally says AMD, and the other clearly says Intel on it. Using CPU-Z, I come up with one difference in these 4 chips: Problem #1, I obviously have them in the wrong slots, so now do I fix that to see if it changes anything? 1& 2 are Single Rank? (see attached image) Problem #2, Slots 3&4, are Dual Rank. (see attached image I never noticed this until the other day when I attempted the OC option in BIOS and BOOM! BSOD. First one ever with my Ryzen. That's what started my investigation into my hardware, and how I found the differences in these 2 Kits. My questions are: 1. Is that what is "Definately" causing the issue? 2. Can I fix it by doing the off-set slots of the Dual Rank chips in 1 & 3 and the Single Rank Chips in Slots 2 & 4? 3. Or should I just take out the Intel labeled chips and stick with 16gb for now and attempt OC? Appreciate all your guidance. Let's break it and fix it together! Sync http://www.ksa4pt.org/mt-content/uploads/2020/01/cpu-z_memory-screenshot.png
  8. Hello everyone, We've worked with our board partners for the CORSAIR ONE i140/i160/i165/i180 to provide new BIOS updates that accomplish the following: 1. Limited overclocking has been enabled (for i180) 2. Recent platform vulnerabilities (Zombieload) have been addressed (for i140/i160/i165/i180). Direct links provided below, please verify that you download the correct BIOS version for your system before flashing the update. CORSAIR ONE i140, version 2QJ, (DIRECT LINK) CORSAIR ONE i160, version 2QJ, (DIRECT LINK) CORSAIR ONE i165, version 2QJ, (DIRECT LINK) CORSAIR ONE i180, version 2.10, (DIRECT LINK) Similar BIOS updates for CORSAIR ONE 2017 and 2018 models are now available, please check the model number of your system before downloading and flashing the update: CORSAIR ONE PRO PLUS (CS-9000013), version 2CD, (DIRECT LINK) CORSAIR ONE ELITE (CS-9000014), version 2CD, (DIRECT LINK) (CS-9000016), version 2CD, (DIRECT LINK) CORSAIR ONE PRO (CS-9000017), version 2CD, (DIRECT LINK)