• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 17 results

1. I'm building a server that has 5-backplanes powered by two molex each...need a total of 10! :(. Corsair indicates that "Type-3 PATA/SATA" cables are needed, but having trouble finding extra for sale by Corsair or anywhere else. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  2. So i just finished building my first system ever, with a 'rm1000x shift' PSU, in a '4000d airflow' case. I dont know if i did something wrong but i had to push quite hard to get the side panel on, because the cables were sticking out so far... Everything is working fine (i hope it keeps working), but i didnt like that i had to push quite hard for the panel to get on. Did i do something wrong or is this normal?
  3. Hello, i have a RM650 PSU and i need an extra sata power cable and a friend of mine has an AX1200i and is not using all of sata cables. I saw a lot of post and videos to not use modular cables from one PSU in another because they might not have the same pin layout. So i was wondering if AX1200i can work in my RM650.
  4. Hi guys, I have an older HX1200i platinum power supply that I bought in 2017. At the time I bought a set of custom cables, but the person who made them is no longer around. So i'm looking at getting a new set to go with my 12vhpwr one. The problem is, even with the chart pinned at the top of this forum, I'm not certain which cables are right. Do I need to buy a full set of type-3 cables, or a full set of type-4 + a type-3 24pin ATX? Any clarification would be appreciated, thanks!
  5. i recently built a new pc but and put a rm850 in it for the psu , i was able to snag a 4080 to put in it yesterday and now i'm worried about the cables i'm going to need , who can tell me if my psu is ok and what cables i'll need PSU: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RCKG95L?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details GPU: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-4080-gv-n4080gaming-oc-16gd/p/N82E16814932561?quicklink=true&fbclid=IwAR05pGNAtkGoo44vOK_xPB53u02HmgbFnT4DOTrw3L6gysrmrP6Fdrq6PYg
  6. I have a Corsair 1000rmx psu, and a gigabyte 4090. I don’t like using the cable nvidia provided, and ordered the Corsair cable but didn’t know there were 2 different cables. I ordered the braided one that’s rated up to 450 watts. Then after I had ordered it I found out there’s a 600watt cable but it’s out of stock. Will the 450watt one work? Has anyone tried it?
  7. I'm replacing my PSU for the HX1000 one do you know if the existing cables from RM850x will work on the HX1000?
  8. We have all been in that situation where we finally finish a build and then BAM the cables look like a bird's nest 🤕. Are you a sucker for cable management or have cables all over your setup/build? All my cable management wizards 🧙‍♀️, do you have any tips and tricks for anyone struggling? Please do show and tell us! For anyone that is struggling, feel free to post photos and maybe one of our friends will be able to help you out!
  9. Hi all, So I have the Lian Li Stimer Plus 24 and 8 pin set. I don't want to use the provided extension cables as A I don't have space and B the white takes away from my build and I'd just like to attach the rgb element to my sleeved cables. I have a Corsair premium cable kit, but the problem is these cables are too thick to fit in the Lian Li cable comb (16 awg vs 18awg according to the specsheets). Are there any individually sleeved cables that are thin enough to fit in the comb? The provided Lian Li ones are 18awg and 2mm (ish) diameter while my corsair ones are 3mm in diameter . I'm looking at the Cable Mod C series but I cant find the cable thickness anywhere. FYI I have a Corsair rm650x and I wish to use two 1:1 pcie cables for my gpu, rather than the dual connector one.
  10. hello everyone i just got a new corsair rm850x white power supply. and need to ask a question about the ATX cable and the CPU cable. i am new to building after many years of a laptop. i see the ATX cable connects to my motherboard 24 pin. but at the PSU it has 2 separate connectors. do these have to both be plugged in or just one? also the 8 pin cpu which of the 8 pin connectors does it need to be plugged into or do i plug it into a free one? again i am new at these advanced PSUs. any help is appreciated. thanks everyone StormChaser
  11. I'm looking at Corsair Premium individually sleeved pro package. I see that I can buy a type 4 gen 4-package and a type 4 gen 3-packager. What's the difference between 4 gen and 3 gen, and does it matter?
  12. I have just got a RM850x in white ( CP-9020188-uk ) Looking to get some better braided cables for the sata connectors, but I'm a little confused !!!!! From your cable-compatibility list https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/psu-cable-compatibility it says the sata and peripheral connectors are type 3 and can see from the cables, this is true. But the braided cables kits say there are for any type 4 which the RM850x is included in their list. So how do a get a better braided cables for the sata , for type 3 ? or are they the same for that cable and for some other they are type 4.
  13. Hi there, I've been checking all the posts related to this topic but actually couldn't find anything that could help me solving this issue... I recently built my PC, and everything works well, except the front LED logo and the power button. The pins are connected to the Power LED pins of the motherboard in the right position (I triple checked it) and none of the LEDs work. Just to see if it was a problem with the motherboard pins and not the LEDs/cable, I plugged them into the HDD LED pins, so it would blink instead of being static... But with no result either... I also tried to change the order of the cables just in case the polarity was switched, but with no success :( Is there anything I am missing? I checked that the joint of the cable is properly attached too. Everything looks correct and I tried everything I could think of. Hope somebody can throw some light! (literally lol) Thank you!
  14. Hello, I’m thinking of getting an RM1000i PSU for my rig and I have a question and, since I’m a total noob at building PCs, I wanted to get some clarification. I have gotten a 2080Ti which needs 2 8-pin or 6+2-pin PCIe power dongles. I presume the RM1000i will come with all of the required cables? I’m only asking as my current RM650X was powering an old 1080 which only needed 1 8-pin. Thanks!
  15. Hi everyone So recently I bought a used RM850i for a new build I'm doing for myself. I got a good price for it and it was used in a mining rig with another RM850i in parallel. The thing never got over 50% usage and the fan never even spun. The issue is some cables are broken and some are even missing. The person I bought it from said he would order new cables because as I understand you need all the cables for RMA to be valid. The PSU still has 9 years on the warranty so I just need some cables and I'm set. I'm missing: 1x MOLEX 1x CPU 8pin 1x 700mm SATA 2x 850mm SATA Both Corsair link cables All MOLEX to floppy adapter/cables The PSU is in perfect condition. Not even a dust spec on it. Which of these cables do I need for RMA to be valid in case I need it, and where can I get them for a humane price. I'm doing this to help the person who sold me the PSU so he can get a decent price for the missing cables and so I can be sure that I can RMA the PSU if something happens.
  16. Hello. My simple question : Can i use with this Psu pins > for two cables for my morherboard Cpu plugs (2x 4+4pin EPS 12v) and leave one 8pin for GPU ? As i can see on the psu itself ,it says: ,,6+2 pin PCIE & 4+4 pin CPU”. Thanks!
  17. Hi, hopefully a quick one, I just want to make sure i’m Not going to blow any components. The lightning z has x3 6+2 pin PCIe inputs. My current modular setup on my psu has the mobo power setup the 4+4 cpu connector in the set place and the pcie cable connected next to it. The pcie cable only has x2 6+2 pin PCIe connectors to connect to the gpu I have another x2 6+2 pin cable from a different psu. I’m just not sure if it’s safe to connect. It fits in an unlabelled 8 pin socket so I think it should be fine. I just want to be doubly sure. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!