• Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

Found 2 results

1. Hi All, I recently purchased the Commander PRO mostly for controlling my fans based on the temp sensors that come with the device. I was looking for a solution that would dynamically adjust the fans without the need for intervention. My system is water cooled and i wanted the temps to be controlled based on the RAD temperature or other temp sources, GPU temp and such. So far, i am less than impressed with the device and with the software when it comes to controlling fans. Its a complete waste of money... let me explain some of the issues i am encountering. NOTE: All bios options for fan control/fan hysteresis are disabled. No other software is installed for controlling fans, only the Commander Pro. Choice of fans are 3x Noctua 120mm PWM on the RAD (500rpm/2200rpm min/max). 1. Integrated fan profiles, Quiet/Balanced/Extreme are utter nonsense. Fans are constantly ramping up and down when the system is idle (2% cpu usage and temps are stable ~30c). The software does not state which system sensor is being used for these profiles, i'm assuming cpu? Quiet profile fan rpm range varies from 8xx rpm till 19xx rpm. Balanced profile fan rpm range varies from 15xx rpm till 19xx rpm. Extreme profile fan rpm range varies from 18xx rpm till 22xx rpm. 2. Custom Profile has 3 different options with wildly different operation: 'Fixed %' works exactly as it should, all 3 fans have the same rpm, +/- 10 rpm variance. This is essentially the only fan option i can use, and i need to adjust this manually when idle versus gaming. 'Fixed RPM' works as it should, although there are larger fluctuations, for example rpm varies from 397 rpm till 613 rpm, when set to 500 rpm. There's a +/- 100rpm variance. There is also variance between the fans themselves, for example Fan 1 is 389 rpm and fan 3 can be on 620 rpm. The fans are not in sync as they are with the 'Fixed %' option. Three different fans ramping up and down at different points is horrible. 'Custom Curve', set to either Quiet, Balanced or Extreme and a specific sensor can be chosen is flaky. I get the same issues with the fans ramping up and down, similar to the standard iCue profiles. If i choose a sensor that does not fluctuate, for example my RAD sensor (Native thermister that came with the Command PRO) or the Radeon VII Temp, which are normally static when idle and sitting at approx 30 degrees, both sensors fluctuate by 1/100th of a degree and the fans are still fluctuating between 641 rpm and 998 rpm, all 3 fans and completely different inervals. I've looked into setting some kind of custom curve based on a sweeping curve and stepped curve... If my RAD sensor is stating 30 degrees and i look at the fan curve with one of the points set at 750rpm at 30 degrees, the rpm is not adhered too. If i set all points on the custom curve to 0 and leave the last point sitting at 30 degrees and 750 rpm for infinity, essentially mimicking a fixed flat rpm range, it makes absolutely no difference. Again fan rpm is fluctuating wildly between 619 rpm and 887 rpm. So to conclude, basically every option that i need from the hardware and software is completely useless for me unless i manually set static %, i can do that through the BIOS. It makes absolutely no sense in spending money on the Commander Pro and using iCue. Either the firmware on the device is a mess or the software is a mess, but its probably a combination of both. My Feeling from using the hardware and software is 'it might work, it might not'. Having the option to delay the ramp up and down, hysteresis, on the Commander Pro would probably help. Is this the best product we have in 2020 for controlling fans/monitoring temps and components? It seems like a complete failure of product design to the point where, as a customer, i feel like asking 'Why did you even waste the time and resources creating a product that can be outshone by using a simple 6 euro Potentiometer' If anyone has any tips on how i can setup my fans to slowly ramp up and down rather than having a heart attack every .5 seconds, i would love to hear from you! Apologies for the rant.
  2. Hello guys and girls I have 4 Noctua fans 3 will work all the time the 4th has to be disabled and set to auto to spin once I’ve logged into windows once the icue software re detects the fan it stops spinning to the point now I have 3 fans plugged in and one on the motherboard header can’t seem to work it out cause I have 5 fans I want to run on the commander pro