Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'power supply'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CORSAIR COMMS DEPARTMENT
    • Community Rules & Announcements
    • Live Event Announcements
    • New Product Releases
  • COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
    • Non-CORSAIR Tech, Benchmarks, and Overclocking
    • Games & Gaming
    • Battlestation and Build Showcase
  • TECHNICAL SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • iCUE Software Troubleshooting
    • Build Hardware Troubleshooting
    • Gaming Peripherals & Audio Troubleshooting
    • Furniture and Ambient Lighting Troubleshooting
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems Troubleshooting
  • PRODUCT DISCUSSIONS
    • CORSAIR iCUE
    • Build Hardware
    • Gaming Peripherals
    • Audio Devices
    • Battlestation Hardware: Ambient Lighting, Furniture, etc.
    • CORSAIR Pre-Built Systems
    • CORSAIR Technologies Q&A
  • Alternative Languages
    • Deutscher Support (German Support)
    • French Support
    • Spanish Support
  • LEGACY TOPICS
    • Corsair Enthusiasts Section
    • Corsair Product Discussion
    • Alternate Language Support
    • Customer Service

Categories

• iCUE
  • SSD Toolbox
  • SSD Firmware
    • MP510
    • MP600
    • MP600 MINI
    • MP600 GS
    • MP600 PRO LPX
    • MP600 PRO NH
    • MP600 PRO XT
    • MP700
  • Thunderbolt Dock Software
  • Controllers
    • Commander Core XT
    • iCUE LINK System Hub

Categories

• System Build Inspiration
  • Memory
  • Cases
  • iCUE CONTROLLERS
  • Maximizing Performance
  • Peripherals
  • Storage
  • Liquid Cooling
  • Gaming Mice
  • News and Events
  • How-tos and DIY
  • USB Drives
  • Extreme OC Mods
  • Gaming Keyboards
  • Power Supply Units
  • Gaming Headsets
  • Uncategorized

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

• Start

End

Group

About Me

Interests

Occupation

Homepage

AIM

Yahoo

MSN

1. Do you have a white cable that has 3 PCIE/CPU connectors on the power supply side and a 12 port connection on the GPU side? I have the Corsair RM80 2021 power supply and the Zotac GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Trinity OC White Edition graphics card.
  2. Just got this today. Haven't hooked it up to the motherboard yet. So it fails the Dr Power II test on the power good (PG) signal to the motherboard. It will also pass the same test every now and again. It always passes the built in self test, but I don't think the self test performs the PG test. See pictures below of the dr power failure, dr power pass and self test pass. Should I RMA it?
  3. Hello to the possible readers/helpers her, i just got my Corsair QX Fan Starter Kit and right now im a bit annoyed as it seems like i wont be even able to use it properly. I have an corsair RM750x in use(Layout below) and wonder how i am supposed to get the power to the Link hub. So from how i understood, i need an 6pin PCIE. But heres the Problem. 2x 8Pin goes to the graphics card. The other 2x 8Pin goes to the mainboard for the cpu. And other people in forum told i can use a cable like this? Is that correct? And any possible way to still get it to work? https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CZ4M2KK/
  4. So I am going through the diagrams and I'm seeing that this Corsair HX1500i Fully Modular PSU is compatible with the Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved PSU Pro Cables Kit (Type 4), but are these cables compatible with the ATX 3.0 version of the Corsair H1500i PSU? Or is it only compatible with the older model? The chart isn't very descriptive and I am also a braindead idiot so any help would be great at understanding what these numbers the compatability means.
  5. Hey everyone, We've got an absolutely unique addition to our PSU lineup, the RMx SHIFT Series! On top of being our first Type 5 PSU, the RMx SHIFT sports an innovative design where the modular connections are easier than ever to access. Here are a few quick highlights: With the combination of our Type 5 Gen 1 micro-fit cables and the RMx SHIFT's innovative design, cable management and routing is an absolute breeze - especially for future upgrades. Intel® ATX 3.0 Certified, supporting the PCIe Gen 5 platform and ready for the latest and greatest hardware! With a 140mm fan, 105°C-Rated Japanese electrolytic capacitors, and 80 PLUS Gold Certification, the RMx SHIFT is designed and constructed to endure years of use - and we're backing this with a 10-year warranty! Click the following for more information: RMx SHIFT (750W, 850W, 1000W, 1200W). We've put together a quick FAQ below: Q: Does the RMx SHIFT PSU come with a 12VHPWR power cable? A: Yes, all RMx SHIFT models include a 16-pin (12+4) cable that provides up to 600 watts of power. You can make sure you're getting the appropriate PSU model (especially wattage) for your system with our PC Builder! Q: Is the RMx SHIFT PSU compatible with CORSAIR cases? What about non-CORSAIR cases? CORSAIR Cases – CORSAIR 220T, 275R, 465x, 500D, 570x, 680x, 1000D, and 4000/5000/7000 Series. Non-CORSAIR Cases – A minimum 30mm of clearance from connector side of PSU to the back side panel of your case. Q: What’s the difference between Type 4 and Type 5 cables? A: Type 4 modular connectors are physically larger than then newer Type 5 connectors and are not backwards compatible. You will not be able to use any Type 4 cables on a Type 5 PSU. Curious to know what you guys think? Is this something you look forward to building with? Let us know!
  6. How do I get an RMA on my AX860i Power Supply. I've had a few years now but it seems to have always just powered off on it's own. I've put up with it because it would then work for a while. Recently I had enough and benched my system. (1950x threadripper) and found just leaving it in the BIOS it would power off on it's own. I ran to the store and bought a new PS and it no longer happens. I have found many cases just like mine and would like to know if anyone ever found out the cause or got this fixed? This was a very expensive PS I bought and first one I've ever had this type of thing happen to. I like Corsair products but this has left a bitter taste. Thx -N
  7. I have a Corsair 1600i PSU, which is awesome, but routing the cables through the hide-away back on my Corsair 1000D case (which is also awesome, mostly) isn't working out due to PSY cable lenngth on 3 cables. Where can I get longer 28-pin ATX (NOT 24-pin) and 8-pin EPS 12V cables. The 600mm (28-pin, NOT 24-pin) cable and two 650mm (EPS 12V) cables that came with the PSU are too short; I need at least 100cm longer on each (1x ATX, 2x 12V). I'd really rather not use extension cables, as I don't need that much extra length, and I can't even find 28-pin ATX extensions, only 24-pin. I've searched Corsair.com, amazon, and google with no luck. Thanks in advance for any leads.
  8. Got my Brand New Corsair RM750w ATX Fully Modular Gold Rated PSU on an online store. First concern: Upon opening the box already notice that it uses the cardboard tray as support for the PSU. When looking up on YouTube for unboxing ang installing the RM750. Notice all of them have the "Black Foam" as support on their PSU. Second concern: Then noticed that the Q. C. STICKER (Q. C. sticker) and the Hi-Pot OK Stocker are printed on the PSU. Conclusion: Now I having this concern if my PSU is legitimate Corsair product or if is a fake. Note: Currently on contact on the seller. They have a physical store and have bought products from them. This scenario was a first.
  9. Hi guys, I have an older HX1200i platinum power supply that I bought in 2017. At the time I bought a set of custom cables, but the person who made them is no longer around. So i'm looking at getting a new set to go with my 12vhpwr one. The problem is, even with the chart pinned at the top of this forum, I'm not certain which cables are right. Do I need to buy a full set of type-3 cables, or a full set of type-4 + a type-3 24pin ATX? Any clarification would be appreciated, thanks!
  10. Hello I have a ati Radeon r9 390 gpu arriving shortly. Now my PSU only has a slot for one pci-e cable but the cable I have has got 2x 6+2 connectors will that be enough? Or will I need a separate cable. As I only have one slot for pci-e I don’t know if I can fit another pci cable on.
  11. With the new release of the RTX 4090 soon coming, i am reading that it is preferred that the power supply be ATX 3.0 compatible. i am unsure where to find information regarding if my current PSU can safely be plugged into a 4090 with this information. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RM-Series™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020196-NA#tab-tech-specs
  12. With all the recent platform launches from AMD and Intel along with new graphics cards already starting to hit the shelves, you might be looking at upgrading your power supply. The CORSAIR HXi fully modular power supplies are ultra-low noise and feature three EPS12V connectors with 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency. They are also compatible with CORSAIR's iCUE software which allows the user full control for setting custom fan curves, monitoring, and adjustable power settings. Let's discuss some of the key benefits of these new power supplies. First off, these are fully modular PSUs which allows the user to only connect the cables needed in the system, no unused cables and clutter to help better cable management. The triple EPS12V connectors along with high quality Japanese capacitors give full compatibility with modern motherboards while ensuring long-term reliability. Being 80 PLUS Platinum certified, you'll get up to 92% efficiency for exceptional low power consumption, less noise, and cooler temperatures. Zero RPM Fan Mode allows the power supply to switch off the 140mm cooling fan completely during low and medium loads for near-silent operation. When the fan does start spinning, the fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) delivers extremely quiet and long-lasting fan performance. Finally, with it being iCUE compatible, you can set custom fan curves, monitor, adjust power settings, and even switch between single-rail and multi-rail overcurrent production (OCP) all on the dashboard. For a tutorial on the installation and setup of the CORSAIR HXi series power supplies, check out this video here.
  13. Hello i have a gaming prebuilt computer i bought and i wish to upgrade the power supply from 750 watts to something higher such as 850W, 950W, 1000W. the current PSU i have is the 750 Watt - CORSAIR RM750 80 PLUS Gold. However, i want to see if someone can provide me the specific product that will allow me to just swap out the power supply without having to do any re-wiring of the existing setup. (Basically, just remove the old PSU block and plug in the existing cables to the new one.) i struggle to understand the chart that corsair provides when wanting to do something like this so i am asking for someone to send me a link to or specify the specific power supply i need to purchase so i can just swap out the blocks. I would appreciate any responses!
  14. The self-test of the PSU passed, but once it is connected to a motherboard, it shuts off after 1 second, and the red solid led light turns on. Unfortunately, it seems like one of the cables (standard kit - brand new), either for the CPU (2 cables) or the ones to the motherboard, so some of them are faulty because it does not turn on (I already tested the Computer with another PSU, and it works fine). I did check them several times, and only the essential cables are connected to reduce the scope. But the behavior seen is like when the CPU is not receiving enough energy or the CPU cooler is not receiving power, and the motherboard does not allow for the PC to continue to be on for more than 1.5 seconds. And the PC components are OK because I have a 650w PSU that I was using, and I did reconnect it again to make sure the issue was not any of my components, but all is working fine with the 650w PSU. Like the guy from this post, I do suspect the cables, either the CPU ones or the motherboard cable (since these cables come with a capacitor(s)), could be potentially faulty: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/153566-new-ax1600i-doa/#comment-906553 I did order a new kit of Corsair cables (SKU CP-8920223) just to rule that issue from above or any other issue with the cables. But I will be able to test it as soon they arrive between today and tomorrow. Also checked the MB and CPU cable connectors to discard this issue (the connectors are OK): https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/153819-new-rm850-gt-computer-not-starting-up/ Here is a Google Drive folder with all the pictures and videos showing the behavior: https://bit.ly/3IfLVZR ----- Summary: -Is not due to the motherboard. -Is not due to the GPU. -Is not due to the CMOS battery in the motherboard. -Is not due to the CPU or its AIO. -Is not due to the RAM. I will test it with a new set of cables soon. If any of you have any additional suggestions other than testing the PSU with a new set of cables, please let me know. Thank you,
  15. Hi all, I recently replaced an ageing HX650W with a brand new HX750 (80+ Platinum). The former made next to no noise at idle but the latter has a constant loud fan. From what I've read it's supposed to kick in at 40% load which it feels like I shouldn't be hitting, especially since the old PSU was silent. Hopefully you can see my specs attached - I know the R9 390 is an old power-hungry card but is this normal? I've double-checked everything is wired up correctly. Thanks :sunglasse
  16. Hi everyone, I´m having issues with a Corsair RM1000i, every time I´m using apps I get random high speeds in all fans they get very loud, when PC is in idle it doesn´t. The thing is that this is not hapenning with an old OCZ stealthstream 600W, I have tried with 2 PCs, I thought this happened due to my old PC , but I bought everything new except the power supply, it just happens with the corsair. I have seen in the task manager that every time this happens it says that consumption from CPU , SSD and GPU is very high.
  17. I built a PC in December and it worked fine for a couple of weeks then I started noticing crashes on my PC where the PC would turn off and the screen would just go black as if someone pulled the cord on the PC I googled the issue and found out it was a "power kernel 41" issue and could most likely be an issue relating to how the PC powers on or the boot settings if not driver and BIOS updates I did all of those things and still couldn't figure out the problem and as a last resort i updated the BIOS of the MOBO and it didn't seem to have worked at all. Around almost a week after updating the BIOS my PC crashed and then just stopped powering on which was like 3 weeks ago now. The RGB logo on the MOBO would still light up as well as that small power LED thing that is next to the PCIe power on the GPU when I connected the PC to power but pressing the power would not do anything I thought it may be a MOBO problem since I had recently updated the BIOS and returned my MOBO to amazon. I luckily still had a couple of days left on the return policy and claimed it as a broken MOBO and used the refunded cash to buy another one. Even with that new MOBO I had the same problem as in the the RGB logos on the MOBO and the power LED on the GPU would light up but pressing the power button would do nothing (BTW I have a MOBO with onboard power/reset buttons and I even shorted the front panel connectors for the power button with a screwdriver and nothing happened) I looked in to the problem a bit more and think that there's a chance my PSU may be damaged because I doubt that different MOBO's which are also different models would have the same issue and the initial problem of my PC crashing was I just updated the PC specs on my profile the PSU is the Corsair HX1000
  18. I Recently bought an upgrade from an rm650x to a certified refurbished ax1000. I figured a couple blemishes is not reason to not buy. AX1000 installed and cabled just fine, but when on after 3min, 3 hours, 4 hours, ie sporadic, the computer just shuts off. It does not self restart. Power button doesn't function, I have to toggle the PSU at the back to get the computer to restart. Ive swapped the rm650x back in for now. I will begin my troubleshooting: Test cables: Ax1000 with rm650x cables to test for the ax1000 cabling being faulty, and vice versa rm650x PSU with ax1000 cables. External factors: wiring in my apartment is suspect but I've had two computers on this circuit running furmark and prime95 for a total of 1400w at least and hasn't been an issue. But perhaps the fact that I have to toggle the PSU switch to get it to restart is an indicator. I will try moving things off this circuit to separate. Perhaps the sensitivity of the ax1000 causes it to shut off? What might do this and did. I just waste my money on something nicer that doesn't work
  19. So I when I built my PC, I bought the SF 750 for my small form factor pc and it seems to be failing now. I bought it from Amazon, but not directly from Amazon, it was another dealer on Amazon and didn't find out until recently. Since my PSU is failing, would corsair still honor the warranty, should I contact someone, or am I out of luck? Bought a 2nd one, this time from Amazon since I need it for school and for work. The power supply seems to hold up fine with basic tasks, but sometimes when I leave it idle to cryptomine when I'm away or play intense games, it seems to just shut off without any blur screen. Double checked ram, gpu, cpu, and that all cables are properly plugged in. Can only think it's the PSU at this point.
  20. I have a RM 750 power supply. Specifically this one: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RM-Series™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020195-NA I would like to buy a braided/sleeved CPU cable, as the ribbon cable it comes with is far too stiff to manage in my case. Is this Corsair Premium cable compatible with my power supply? https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Premium-Individually-Sleeved-EPS12V/dp/B07L682RFB/ Thank you!
  21. Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what connectors are needed for the CMPSU-1000HX powers supply. I know it's quite old, but I'm just needing to buy some PCIe connectors. I can see on the Corsair website they sell Type 3 PCIe connectors but unsure if they will fit this PSU. Any recommendations are appreciated!
  22. What is the hold up with the AX1600i and will it support Nvidias new power connector without an adapter. Thanks
  23. Hey folks, i recently bought a RTX 2080, but came to notice that it needs more power than my old 1050ti. So which cable do i need to connect my power supply to the RTX. i got an CS750M. I kinda figured that i need a type 3 or 4 pcie, but it seems to be out of stock or is included in a package with 5 other cables i don't need. Is there someone with a link for me, what's the best choice? Thanks in advance, axegb
  24. Hey, I recently build a PC and bought a new Rmx 750w. However, I noticed very faint buzzing from the PSU when the PSU is on standby (PC is off but PSU is still on). Granted, this is very faint: I didn't even notice it until I was basically hugging the PSU to my ear (I'll post a video when I can, because it's nowhere near as bad as what others had). Nothing out of the ordinary anywhere else, and even when the PC is on sleep mode the PSU is basically dead silent and I can't hear the slight buzzing. Is this just normal for the PSU? Been looking at other forums and people discussing similar issues but I see conflicting messages or they have much worse issues than I do. I have used other PSUs in the past that didn't buzz when on standby. Edit: Here's a video showcasing the buzz. It's very faint but it's there [ame] [/ame]