Corsair Community

ICUE 4 Unsupported Products

• Corsair Employee

Hello Everyone-

Based on everyone's feedback we have re-implemented all Legacy Devices listed below into iCUE 4.x.  If you are still using iCUE 3.38.x, please update or download release version 4.24.193 or later to be able to use them with latest latest iCUE compatible products.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

As we continue to develop new features in iCUE, we had to discontinue the support of certain products due to multiple reasons. While this list is a small snapshot of the 160+ products we support in iCUE 4, we understand some users of these legacy products may be unhappy or dissatisfied. We did not make these decisions lightly and users may continue using iCUE 3.38. While we do not plan on anymore updates to the older version of iCUE for product support, we will continue to resolve any crashes or critical security issues for the immediate future.

Here is the list of products that will no longer be supported in iCUE 4:

• K66 Mechanical Keyboard
  • Sabre RGB (2016 version)
  • Sabre RGB Optical ((2015 version) 
  • Sabre RGB Laser (2015 version)
  • KATAR (2015 version)
  • VOID USB (2015 version)
  • VOID WIRELESS (2015 version)
  • VOID SURROUND (2015 version)
  • Scimitar (2015 version)
  • H80i GT Hydro Series Cooler
  • H100i GTX Hydro Series Cooler
  • H110i GTX Hydro Series Cooler
  • H80i V2 Hydro Series Cooler
  • H100i V2 Hydro Series Cooler
  • H115i Hydro Series Cooler
  • H110i GT Hydro Series Cooler
  • H110i Hydro Series Cooler

Okay then, Apple. We'll be sure to raise our tech salutes while we go and throw out old devices that are identical to your newer devices in almost every single way.

This is the worst of all decisions Corsair has made and you will NOT get me to buy a new headset just to use new software. Nope, instead, I will begin my hop skip jump to get OUT of an ecosystem that is in the process of deleting itself and what products are you gonna discontinue when 5 comes out? How could you not see the incredible concern this creates for your consumers.

I don't care how small this list is, I DO care that the devices on it are still widely used by many of your fans and you would happily attempt to force another $200 headset down their throat.

Disgusting marketing, disgusting decision, but all the best with your exclusive apple style ecosystem. Just a pity you don't have a QUARTER of apples dedicated customer base willing to go along with this BS.

Get your head on straight and fix this decision, now. There is no justification for the VOID Wireless headset to stop working while the VOID PRO USB, a downgrade with no wireless capability, is fully supported.

You cannot justify this, do something about it or watch customers walk away on masse, many have already abandoned your ecosystem due to the self-imposed restrictions and the self-entitled attitude of 'if you use ONE of my products, you may no longer use ANYONE ELSES product'.

Well ****, if you wanna get away with that as you have been for years, perhaps you should think twice about ditching support for older devices that STILL LIE IN YOUR ALREADY RESTRICTED ECOSYSTEM.

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed off, I could rant longer but I guess, all the best and if you don't re-think this decision, well when icue3 begins to feel old, I will jump ship and join another RGB ecosystem from a different brand entirely.

• Confused 3

I guess NZXT gets my business in the next build.

You added LEDs to the waterblock/pump combo. And you want me to believe that some how makes it impossible for iCue 4 to understand what the pump, fans, and sensors are doing? :roll:

EDTI: Running H100i V2 AiO for the CPU cooling. H850i PSU, and Vengeance RAM are still supported. Even though the RAM has NEVER been LED-modable, it's a static color (red) and a fixed animation (pulse). All of this was purchased at the same time...~6 years ago.

Edited by illutian
  • Like 1

Is the H100i Platinum supposed to be on this list perhaps? Since updating to V4.9.350 of iCue I am unable to adjust fan speeds at all for my AIO. I select a different profile from the drop down, click to another tab, come back and they've reverted to 'Quiet'. I've even tried custom profiles but no matter what I select it just constantly reverts back to 'Quiet' as soon as I'm not on the Cooling tab.

Reverted to V3.38.61 of iCue and I can adjust fan speeds just fine again. Not sure if it's a bug or if you just forgot to list this AIO as no longer supported...

Is the H100i Platinum supposed to be on this list perhaps?

No the Platinum is supported. The cooling config (fan profile) might have glitched on the upgrade to CUE 4. There have been a few other reports of users encountering this issue and not specifically related to the Platinum. If you decide to try again and this comes up, delete the existing fan profiles and then re-create them in CUE.

Its a for profit business and if we want Corsair to stick around, at some point, tough decisions need to get made so you can keep everyone employed and the lights on. On the consumer end, you are not always going to like every decision, that's just the real world. They have the best hardware around in my opinion, so it would take a lot to make me want to switch.

I am more concerned about them dropping products people have gotten used to, like the 18 button K95, that's a real loss in their product line up and if any decisions they are making are foolish, that's one that I think will turn a lot of people away. I am thankful my 2 k95s are still kicking, but I wont be happy when the time comes to make a change like that and lose something I have become reliant on.

@Corsair as someone that lost a few peripherals jumping to icue4 (which is fine, I can lose the lighting and fan control on the H100i V2 AiO and I replaced the mice with buttery new ones which I am happy about) but I think it would go a real long way with your consumers if you can explain at least on a cursory technical level, why these hardware are EOL or end of support. Like are their issues with responsiveness that would be incompatible, or cause slowdowns you are trying to avoid as you make cue better? Does not having individual DPI steps on the older mice make it harder to create a single gui and burden the development team? I know you are all busy, but simply saying "We did not make these decisions lightly" sounds like a VC smokescreen press statement. I think a smidge of behind the curtain will help justify the decisions in the public square, just my 2 cents.

forcing peripheral replacement is never good business, neither for customer fidelity, or corsair..

Best RGB, probably, best hardware that's personal depending on your choice criteria.. what's more than annoying is that people can still find these unsupported products on the shelves along with peripherals that will run on iCUE4. And they will find out the hard way that they've been had, unless there's refunds or replacements planned for them.

It was the same when Link support stopped, but i can't remember other brands doing that move twice. I already got rid of all my Corsair hardware for other reasons (CPU usage and stutter in games), but i'm afraid as the issue becomes more widely known, it will end in big customer turnover...

Lets just hope the bean counters were right.. they rarely are when dealing with customer service.

this is hilarious, the only device I own that is not supported by icue 4 is the most important one. the H115i v2 280mm AIO. The other three that I own are supported. K95, VOID PRO WIRELESS, Ax 1200i,

What is outrageous is when I go to my product page on your website for the H115i here https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H115i-280mm-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/p/CW-9060027-WW

And click on the iCUE badge on my product page I get offered version 4 with the slogan "UNITE YOUR SETUP" I can hear Rick Astley playing in the background of your office whilst this decision was made. Were getting RickRolled guys

EDIT: it is showing in my BIOS as its attached to one of the fan headers on my MB but the divider used is 2 for the pump not 1. It has also defaulted to 1500rpm - I've run it at 3000rpm since day 1 why didn't it default to extreme?

Edited by salsoul

You are still able to utilize the last build of iCUE 3.38.61

Except icue 4 uninstalled icue 3

I legitimately built this computer early 2018 and this product is EOL? This is crap.

What am I supposed to do throw this AIO away? Buy a new AIO for the same processor that is still sufficient?!

I have a strafe keyboard, tons of rgb fans, other confirm products as well. Was looking at adding additional components soon.

Thanks for changing my mind for the next build and future components. I'll go to another vendor.

Edited by spyd4r

• Corsair Employee
Except icue 4 uninstalled icue 3

I legitimately built this computer early 2018 and this product is EOL? This is crap.

What am I supposed to do throw this AIO away? Buy a new AIO for the same processor that is still sufficient?!

I have a strafe keyboard, tons of rgb fans, other confirm products as well. Was looking at adding additional components soon.

Thanks for changing my mind for the next build and future components. I'll go to another vendor.

You are indeed able to uninstall iCUE 4 and install iCUE 3. If you do not wish to do that the cooler will still function off the firmware profile as designed. Your specific cooler was EOL well before 2018.

Thanks for letting us know, won't be buying anymore corsair products. Amazes me that the H115i I purchased in 2017 is "EOL" and won't be supported anymore. It doesn't take much effort to carry product support over during program updates, this is just laziness.

Thanks for letting us know, won't be buying anymore corsair products. Amazes me that the H115i I purchased in 2017 is "EOL" and won't be supported anymore. It doesn't take much effort to carry product support over during program updates, this is just laziness.

Exactly. This device barely supports any colour. It's basically useless. But just add in the fan control atleast.

The "cooling warranty" on it is 5 years. The software support was a lot less.

Edited by spyd4r

Exactly. This device barely supports any colour. It's basically useless. But just add in the fan control atleast.

The "cooling warranty" on it is 5 years. The software support was a lot less.

Software support should go hand in hand with warranty. one is useless without the other.

My Scimitar mouse is not supported, not a big deal to most people but it seems crazy just obsoleting a bunch of devices. A lot of people people keep a good mouse for decades.

So let's say i upgrade my primary computer, and use the old parts to upgrade my secondary computer, a year later i need some new fans that are only supported in iCue 4, but my old Void, Mouse and Cooler are only supported in iCue 3. it's madness.

How can you lose compatibility with your own products

As much as i love the iCue stuff, i am starting to have enough, losing compatibly and saying ARGB isn't important and will probably never be supported is enough to make me want to DIY a solution.

Corsair was so close, on the edge of creating truly centralised platform to control all lighting and cooling, be it's becoming a mess. and i am so close to just being done with it all.

Edited by TheBuz
  • Confused 1

To make it more fun version 4 isn't even shown as an upgrade from version 3.x. I didn't even realise it was out til I noticed this thread.

Corsair, how about actually making the device information extensible in something standard like XML. That way if you don't provide support in iCUE for something a expert user could at least knock up their own. And take it step further and make them exportable/importable. If you won't provide support for older devices at least let us do it ourselves.

No more support for h110i???? OK apple.. i mean corsair, ridiculous. You just want us to by the new rgb versions. five years warranty pffft. I really loved corsair thought you guys were getting the whole one software system thing going good. But after this i refuse to buy any more corsair products. Ill talk with my wallet. Maybe its time to try nxzt. sincerly a avid supporter, who has now abandoned you and your products.. And yea i know i can still use the old one, but it has bugs.. lots of them which i hoped to be able to upgrade away from. cya.

I've already been on the fence with Corsair since iCUE 3.x came out. For years I've tried to work with them to send logs and specs to fix issues of crashing, buttons/macros not working, and high system resources being used. But now I see they now no longer care about the quality they put into their hardware and would rather us to pay them every 3-4 years for the feeling of staying supported.

I have a number of Corsair products with my current build, including a Void Wireless headset and H80i v2 cooler, which are now no longer supported in iCUE 4.x software. The H80i v2 is still being sold on various retailer websites in New condition, the most notable being Amazon (shipped and sold by Amazon) with no mention that the cooler is considered no longer supported and is at End of Life.

It's not like a new Windows operating system was released that would prevent software support. This is to force PC users to "want" the newest and latest hardware. It makes people like us who invested in the brand, quality, and ecosystem of Corsair to feel left behind because Corsair hardware is so interconnected and dependent on the iCUE software. Yes, you give us the option of staying on v3.38.61 but there are still constant and persistent issues even with that build to which we can no longer hope will be worked on.

What's the reason why a keyboard won't work with newer software? A CPU cooler? A mouse? A headset? I can understand firmware support being dropped on a device considered "End of Life" but that shouldn't prevent said device to be held at the gate because of software. Even video cards which we would consider ancient are still supported on currently released software and drivers.

This doesn't feel right to brand loyalty and, at least for me, puts a bad taste in my mouth for investing in products I thought wouldn't have an issue being supported even after iCUE 3.x introduced tighter software dependency and integration. As always the best way to show dissatisfaction with the decision is to talk with your wallet, and that's what I intend to do with future builds.

Edited by SajuukCor

100% agree. at least keep updating ICUE 3 .net framework. All the event log errors are form ICUE 3.

Update: false alarm. I forgotten I still had the old corsairlink software still on my computer. it what was throwing the errors in the event viewer. I uninstalled it altogether and everything is working fine. Would of been nice to upgrade to iCue 4 though.

Edited by firerx

Lucky me my box of misc hardware is still supported. I guess that means my build is viable for now.

My PSU is 2015 vintage but it works as well as day 1. Monitored are more costly. I did not mind spend a few pesos more.

My water cooler is not that old so but if it stops working I am sure Corsair can find me a quart of slime green fluid for a repair if necessary.

My commander pro is fan control box, not rocket science for that product but it does find some utility