Corsair Community

Best places to install the temperature sensors

Violett

Helo guys ! Tottaly I have 5 temperature sensors. Two of them are provided with my Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master motherboard ( wich have 2 headers for temperature sensors ) and the other three sensors are provided with my Obsidian 500D SE RGB case and the Commander Pro, wich can manage them by ICue software.

I have an I9 9900k CPU, a Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO cooler, a RTX 2080 TI GPU.

Where is the best places to install the temperature sensors in my PC case ? Any recommendation will be very appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edited by Violett

Are you controlling any fans from the motherboard? If not, you can safely ignore those headers.

The CoPro should have 4 sensors. Put one about 1-2 inches above the GPU. Put 1 in intake ... the other two can go where you like. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Are you controlling any fans from the motherboard? If not, you can safely ignore those headers.

The CoPro should have 4 sensors. Put one about 1-2 inches above the GPU. Put 1 in intake ... the other two can go where you like. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Thank you for the answer.

In intake, in the front of the fans or to the back ?

No, I think I have not any fans controlled by the motherboard, since no one is plugged in the motherboard headers.

Four of them are plugged to the Commander Pro, and the two radiator fans to the AIO pump.

But since my two radiator fans are not plugged in the Commander Pro, but in the cooler pump, I am wondering if these fans are controlled by the motherboard or by the controller via Icue software.

The speed of the two radiator fans can be controlled by the software if they are connected to the pump ? Many thanks.

Edited by Violett

The fans on the Platinum cooler are controlled by the cooler itself. You can set the fan curves in iCUE. The motherboard has no control over them at all.

One interesting spot would be at the intake for the radiator. This can be useful if you want to monitor actual radiator performance and/or have issue with coolant temps.

For the intake sensor - doesn't matter. It'd give you a general idea of the intake temps, that's all.