Corsair Community

H80i v2 tube thickness/malleability

rafamundez

Hey guys,

Just wondering which tubing is more malleable. I'm using it on the HG10 N980 and space is confined hence the need for an relatively extreme bend.

I tried using the H100i V2 but the tubing is pretty thick and not very bendable. So I want to use a H80i V2 but in the pictures, the tubing on it looks identical to the H100i V2 which isn't very bendable. So there lies my question: is the tubing on the H80i v2 the same as the H100 v2 in terms of thickness/bendability? If it's not the same, what is the thickness of it?

Thanks!

The H80i v2 is going to have the same tubing and there is a good chance it might be more difficult to work with since the thicker radiator will push the hose origination point that much further into the center of the case.

I don't know what kind of confinements you are dealing with, but the if you have room for a 140mm radiator the H90 would be my first choice. In the 120mm, the H75 may offer you better options. Both have long thin very flexible hoses. The H90 would usually be my first choice anyway for both cooling and spatial issues. The H75 is thinner than an H80i, but it should be able to do the job just the same in a hybrid system.

I put the pump on with the hoses toward the front. The hoses go up, toward the front and over the memory, then curve down and back along the R9 graphics card w/o touching, and into the bottom of the radiator. fan/radiator/fan sandwich pulling air in, on back opening. SPEC-01 case. 2x120 in on front, 1x120 out on top. hth

I put the pump on with the hoses toward the front. The hoses go up, toward the front and over the memory, then curve down and back along the R9 graphics card w/o touching, and into the bottom of the radiator. fan/radiator/fan sandwich pulling air in, on back opening. SPEC-01 case. 2x120 in on front, 1x120 out on top. hth

I have the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX case so you have much more room than me:)

But could you take a picture maybe just so I can visualize it? Perhaps there is an orientation I can place it that would work better.

Thank!

Hey thanks!

My issue I have with my water cooling with my GPU and the tubing is pressing up the GPU.

The H75 has very malleable tubing and also the H90 as well. I was, however, hoping to fit a 240 mm rad in there. The H100i V2 and H80i V2 have really stiff tubing so the bending of the tube applies a lot of stress onto the GPU. I attached a drawing of what my set-up is like.

64fd697c1ac41a5c9f95169af46b159d.png

Does anyone have experience with the H100i (not the v2 version)? From the pics, it looks like the tubing is more thin and malleable compared to the H100i V2? Anyone have experience with it?

The tubing is more flexible and it has side attachment points on swivel. I haven't tried to use it for GPU cooling, but it should more than do the job. The one vulnerability on that unit is the fan controller, but for GPU cooling I wouldn't think you would do anything extravagant with the fans. You may decide not to run the fans from the pump block anyway, eliminating the issue.

Archived