Corsair Community

CUE profiles and headsets

Starayo

So I've been using a void wireless headset for a while and I recently picked up a strafe RGB keyboard when my old mechanical keyboard died.

I loved the idea of customising the lighting for different games, but it's become a bit annoying at times due to some weird functionality.

I have it swap lighting to highlight keybinds, etc, between games. However, I use multiple monitors so I often run games in windowed mode so I can alt tab around. I don't mind the fact that when I alt tab the lighting swaps, that's perfectly fine - what I have an issue with is that I might mute my headset, alt tab, and have it unmute because it swapped profiles back to default, and if I do mute it in both I have to remember to unmute it in both or I'll cut off mid-sentence while alt-tabbing.

There's absolutely no benefit to me to have mic mute status bound to a profile, or indeed to have the headset affected by profiles at all! Is there some way to exclude the headset from these profiles? If not, there really should be.

The microphone mute shouldn't change when you change profiles. Are you using the mute button on the VOID headset? What firmware and CUE version are you using? What applications are affected by this?

Well, it's definitely still happening.

My void has firmware 36.08, strafe has 1.33. Using CUE 1.12.75.

I am using the mute button on the headset. When I press it it beeps, then the infomic lights up to show it's muted. If I pull up the recording devices display which shows the current volumes and tap it I can see that it's muted.

When I do this in FFXIV, which I have a profile for, and alt-tab out, the light disappears and if I tap the mic it is no longer muted. Alt-tab back to FFXIV and it's muted again.

It's also reproducible by going to the CUE app, selecting a non-default profile, muting the mic, and then alt-tabbing or clicking away. Going back to CUE will have the mic muted, focusing on anything besides CUE will have it unmuted.

The microphone mute shouldn't change when you change profiles. Are you using the mute button on the VOID headset? What firmware and CUE version are you using? What applications are affected by this?

Actually based on how its setup RN i think it would. There is no global setting for muting so it has to be profile based. Or even mode based maybe.

Archived