Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2015, 01:45 PM
ljwalker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779652
ljwalker Reputation: 11
Default Duplicate Devices after PC Reset

Hi all,

I'm new to the whole Water Cooling thing, and while it works well, I (as many) am having trouble with the Corsair Link software. But, I don't think I've quite found others with this exact issue.

When I come back after resetting, all my stuff shows 0, and there are duplicates of all my devices on the left that are showing properly. GPU fan showing 0 and red is normal, but when I come back it's 0 and gray, with a new flashing red one on the left panel. New groups have been added for these duplicate devices...up to 26 groups now (started with single digits).

Any help would be appreciated!

I set it up like below (sorry for big image):

Old 05-17-2015, 03:43 PM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779672
snapper69 Reputation: 32

Funny enough, I've been having the same problem with the duplicate entries, I tried deleting the duplicates but they come straight back.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:13 PM
ljwalker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779677

Yep, same. Delete and they came back next time.

So, I went to uninstall the program...but it wasn't even in my uninstall list. That was weird. When I tried to run the uninstall shortcut in my start menu, it said "this program isn't installed." Very weird...brand spankin' new computer, just built it yesterday. New clean Windows install and everything. Yet it didn't see Link as being installed (yet it was still running on startup :p)

So, I manually uninstalled...deleted most mentions of corsair from my registry and deleted all files/folders. Now I've reinstalled it (with some issues, it decided to lock up my PC at the end of the install).

After reinstalling it showed properly in my programs/uninstall list...but now it's gone again.

WTF is with this program, honestly?

Old 05-17-2015, 04:20 PM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779679
snapper69 Reputation: 32

Looks like Link just bricked my Commander Mini, so I'm not too enamoured with it at the moment.

Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779680
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Duplicate icons will continue to occur until the reason its happening is fixed,its usually cause by another usb device interfering which can be another device connected to a m/b header or something as simple as a flash drive ,,kb,mouse that's connected to a front port.
I have a Tom Tom Gps that causes this every time so I fixed the issue by connecting the hydro to a rear external port...

Old 05-17-2015, 06:07 PM
ljwalker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779695

Ah, well that's...weird. I may look in to it...but seems like a chore to run a cord out of the case to a USB port.

I actually went ahead and uninstalled Link...or rather, deleted everything related to it because it was, again, not on my uninstall list, and acting as if it wasn't installed (even though it was there and running as I looked). I'll just stick to using other methods of tracking my temps, I suppose. Also unhooked the USB for now since without Link there's no point....and hooked the radiator fans to my CPU Fan Headers to stop the annoying CPU Fan error every time I start up...

Basically, other than the water cooler itself working well, the whole experience is pretty bad :p

Old 05-18-2015, 12:40 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779806
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

One trick we've found that tends to solve these kinds of problems is just clicking "Reset to Default" on the Options tab of Link.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM
ljwalker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
One trick we've found that tends to solve these kinds of problems is just clicking "Reset to Default" on the Options tab of Link.
Might fix the problem in the first post...but probably not the fact that Link keeps seemingly uninstalling itself (without really uninstalling, since it still runs on sartup). It's happened 3 times now. Can't be seen by the default windows uninstaller or CCleaner...and the "Uninstall Corsair Link" shortcut tells me the program isn't installed. So I just went ahead and deleted everything related and cleaned the registry, and will keep it off of my computer until it's no longer regarded as a poor piece of software by the masses :p

Old 05-31-2015, 08:59 PM
MichaelN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782029
MichaelN Reputation: 12

Similar problem here too.
I have two incidents of both the Asus Nividia 970 GTX fan and the temp for same.
One temp shows zero and one fan shows grey in colour.
The other temp shows 35 degree celsius and the other fan is pulsing in a red colour.

Here's a screen shot....

Anyone know how to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair Link Screen Shot.jpg (158.1 KB, 356 views)

Old 05-31-2015, 09:07 PM
MichaelN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782031

Quote:
Thanks for the tip.

This got rid of the duplicate incidents of the Asus Nividia Geforce 970 GTX in the left pane of the Corsair Link interface, but the fan is still zero rotations and pulsing a red colour.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782115
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelN View Post
Thanks for the tip.

This got rid of the duplicate incidents of the Asus Nividia Geforce 970 GTX in the left pane of the Corsair Link interface, but the fan is still zero rotations and pulsing a red colour.
That's normal, the fan on your GTX 970 is powering down when idle.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:21 AM
MichaelN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782257

Quote:
That's normal, the fan on your GTX 970 is powering down when idle.
Thanks Dustin.

I have checked the GTX 970 fan by running the ASUS GPU Tweak software, testing the fan in "manual" mode and it works fine, so I set it back to "auto" again, and it can pulse red at zero revs all it likes until it gets called up to perform as the GTX 970 demands.

Old 06-21-2015, 03:34 AM
aoch88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785900
aoch88 Reputation: 12

Quote:
If you reset it will be back to normal but only for one time. The problem is you need to then allocate the fans according to which sensor you want it to correspond to every time you reboot.

Corsair should fix this!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:22 PM
MichaelN's PC Specs

POST ID # = 785977

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoch88 View Post
If you reset it will be back to normal but only for one time. The problem is you need to then allocate the fans according to which sensor you want it to correspond to every time you reboot.

Corsair should fix this!
What he said................................ fix it Corsair!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 PM
aoch88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 786485
aoch88 Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelN View Post
What he said................................ fix it Corsair!
It's been so long and I have no idea if they are ever going to fix it. Money badly spent on this crap. I'm getting the NZXT Grid+

Closed Thread