The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2015, 05:42 PM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769231
lordsythe Reputation: 10
Default Obscure Request Fulfillment

Hello everyone,

Now that krazykid's request fullfilling post has been sticky'ed

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138901

(awesome job krazykid) I feel like I won't be competing or stepping on his turf by posting this. I've really been enjoying making profiles for the k70 rgb, but frankly my creativity has run a little dry! That, in combination with the fact that it's always more satisfying to make something that someone else enjoys more than something solely for myself, I'd like to work on any requests people may have.

I know krazykid isn't always interested in fulfilling the pixel art type profile requests, and I've had some fun doing animations and such, so I'd be willing to work on any profiles based around pixel art/animations (anything else is fine as well). One thing to note, is that most things with any level of graphic detail must be made much larger than the keyboard itself, but can be displayed by animating a scrolling effect for that logo, animation, etc.

example:
http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138764

If there is no interest that's fine too. krazykid's profile request are made fast, like krazy fast , and are very nice, so if you know exactly what you want I'd suggest asking him first, especially if it's just a replica of a profile you've seen before. If it's anything a little weirder or that he isn't interested in however, let me know.

Mostly I've been itching to work on some new profiles, but been lacking in ideas! Let me know if anyone in the community has something funky they think might be cool!

Old 03-28-2015, 05:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 769234
krazykid Reputation: 59
Send a message via Skype™ to krazykid

Its not that i don't want to make pixel art. its that some of the requests won't look good on the keyboard. Like the Horde symbol from WoW was one of the requests. That simply wouldn't look good. i offered to make it if he really wanted it but it just wont look good unless you have clear key-caps :P.

i have actually made some pixel art requests. like a butterfly flapping its wings which i has 51 frames Butterfly.prf or the Wisconsin logo that moves on the keyboard Wisconsin.prf which look good on the keyboard. i also made a couple LoL profiles and each button Q W E R have their own animation. Some of my first profiles were also animation types, like my Block Breaker Profile or my Frogger Profile :p, i can make basically anything its just some arent guaranteed to look good.

Last edited by krazykid; 03-28-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 PM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769239

enjoyed your butterfly, spring as well.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:19 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 769240

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsythe View Post
enjoyed your butterfly, spring as well.
ah i forgot about the spring one lol :P

Old 03-30-2015, 03:46 PM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769539
SNGGG Reputation: 10
Default Interesting concept/request?

Okay, it is actually funny this was posted but I was thinking to myself the other night of a somewhat interesting request. Imagine with me for a second:

sakura blossoms falling perpetually. It would be pink blossoms throughout the keyboard falling with a black or even really light white with maybe an effect upon typing, was thinking single key effect where it just stays lit pink for a moment before fading back away. Just an idea I had. I was thinking of trying my hand at it but the timing on this would be somewhat tricky for someone like me.

Img to base color concept/visual on
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fNpcFiWa_4k/maxresdefault.jpg

video of concept

this one is going sideways was thinking falling down right to left in a somewhat diagonal fashion.

I know this is a bit wild and out there, just thought I'd share

Old 03-30-2015, 04:05 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 769547

this will be a very hard effect to achieve, lets see if lord is worthy :P good luck man

Old 03-31-2015, 02:33 AM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769621

Hard indeed. Here's a V1 of it however. hit pagedown to switch between two option sets. I think a second attempt would come out better though.
Attached Files
File Type: prf Sakura blossom.prf (611.0 KB, 401 views)

Old 03-31-2015, 01:27 PM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769694

Quote:
Hard indeed. Here's a V1 of it however. hit pagedown to switch between two option sets. I think a second attempt would come out better though.
lordsythe.......the first one is very VERY good. I think if you shored up the dead space on the board because the right half of the board gets underused and changed up the timing so there isn't that dead moment between cycles and this could be a very very amazing profile. I personally added single type lighting (pink --> white 2 seconds) to it and together it comes out to be quite awesome.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:27 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769774
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
The first one looks amazing!

Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 769777

the first one looks more elegant, if you tweak it a little more, it can be perfect. The second looks too scattered

Old 04-01-2015, 01:52 AM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769832

thank you to krazykid for phrasing that, elegant is exactly how I would describe the first, like I said, just some dead space on the middle/right side of keybaord and there is a timing delay between the cycles but other than that.....very beautiful, almost serene to look at which was the intent.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:37 AM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770053

It's currently set up as a 64 frame animation for every single key. I got about 32 frames in on the left half of the keyboard and got a little tired for the night Later this week I'll finish up that first mode for you.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:22 AM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770256

Request fulfilled, Rose Blossom V2 complete. I took your suggestions to heart. I hope everything was implemented as you imagined. Let me know what you think.

(terrible video quality, but it's available none the less)
Attached Files
File Type: prf Rose Blossom.prf (588.4 KB, 336 views)

Old 04-03-2015, 06:40 PM
SNGGG's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770460

Quote:
Request fulfilled, Rose Blossom V2 complete. I took your suggestions to heart. I hope everything was implemented as you imagined. Let me know what you think.

(terrible video quality, but it's available none the less)
https://youtu.be/p-VIjKv-EFk
BRAVO lordsythe BRAVO. this is so well done....I hope others enjoy this as much as I do, its such an elegant profile, your work is great, never stop :) many more satisfied people to come im sure

Old 04-04-2015, 02:56 AM
lordsythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 770548

At the request of zupaqtive and Dssimo, my Borussia Dortmund profile

Attached Files
File Type: prf Borussia Dortmund.prf (329.6 KB, 234 views)

1 members found this post helpful.