Corsair Community

More internal USB ports needed

mirkoj

I recently upgraded my system with MBO Asus P9X79E_WS, CPU i7 3930K and 2 EVGA gtx TItan SC.

Everything is working perfectly, H100i is performing well BUT problem is that on this new MBO I have only 1 internatl USB port that right now I used to plug in corsair link usb cable.

As you can imagine now I don't have where to plug in any of the front panel USB on my obsidian 800d case.

Is there a solution for this? maybe some internal USB hub or PCI card.. any way that can get me like 2 USB 3.0 internal ports and at least 2-4 USB 2.0 ports for front panel and corsair link so I can plug them all in?

Also in MBO spec it says:

1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)

1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x Vertical USB 2.0 port(s)

But there is one big 19pin that I can't use for front panel USB ports, 1 USB 2.0 is used for corsair link and the other well it doesn''t have connection that are require for front panel USB 2.0 ports so can't be used . Any ideas? thanks!

I recently upgraded my system with MBO Asus P9X79E_WS, CPU i7 3930K and 2 EVGA gtx TItan SC.

Everything is working perfectly, H100i is performing well BUT problem is that on this new MBO I have only 1 internatl USB port that right now I used to plug in corsair link usb cable.

As you can imagine now I don't have where to plug in any of the front panel USB on my obsidian 800d case.

Is there a solution for this? maybe some internal USB hub or PCI card.. any way that can get me like 2 USB 3.0 internal ports and at least 2-4 USB 2.0 ports for front panel and corsair link so I can plug them all in?

Also in MBO spec it says:

1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)

1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)

1 x Vertical USB 2.0 port(s)

But there is one big 19pin that I can't use for front panel USB ports, 1 USB 2.0 is used for corsair link and the other well it doesn''t have connection that are require for front panel USB 2.0 ports so can't be used . Any ideas? thanks!

Try this to convert an internal USB 2.0 to external usb 2.0:

http://www.amazon.es/Akasa-EXUSBIE-40-Cable-interno-externo/dp/B003BCDYI4

• 4 weeks later...
2nd the suggestion from RAMguy, I've ordered 2! as I have only 2 usb internal headers...and because the corsair link rubbish is so problematic (sorry ramdude, just come clean and admit it!)...it basically doesn't work unless you plug h80i/h100i etc directly into internal headers. Working for now, (2xh80i via corsair link cable to commander, cooling link to commander), but still need to restart unplug everything on startup). This with just the commander linked to one of my internal usb headers. Working for now/today, not expecting this to work after 1 mnth of frustration. Just give up on the corsair link, and expand your usb headers/give up on corsair commander, use cooling node to power only the fans.

I have also a NZXT IU01 Internal USB Hub hooked up at my Rampage III extreme, this mobo has only 1 intern usb port.

I have the H100i link usb, the ax1200i usb link and the 2 usb2 and 2 usb3 ports from the front panel attached to it, no problem at all with it.

Archived