Corsair Community

More problems - HX750 cricket alike sounds

womb

Ive received my HX750 as replacement for my CX600. I was very well pleased with Corsair support. Kudos

However, the new XH750 makes some cricket alike sounds when I watch any HD video or try any games. I wanted to create a video of it but I found one on youtube.

It only makes that noise when doing video and games stuff, and disappears instantly when shutting down video or game.

ive opened my PC and removed my main graffic card Radeon 6870 and tried with onboard Intel 3000 chip and it makes the same noise only in smaller amount.

Ive red the sticky about noisy PSUs and I tried to switch on and off all the power saving functions in BIOS. Didnt help at all.

I also used a PSU from my HTPC, cheapo PSU and no sounds at all. I used then HX750 on my HTPC with ASRock mobo and Radeon 5450 card and it also makes noises.

If possible id like to have this replaced.

My previous RMA# is 4670283. I would also like to know if there is a Corsair support call center or something inside Europe where I can call ?

Regards

Denis

edit: corrected the RMA number

BTW can someone explain me houw does this semi-passive fan thing works ? In my case when its under load it just starts blowing at full speed and then slowly lowers the RPMs, goes to idle and repeats the process ? Shouldnt it stay blowing but with lower RPMs ? and shouldnt in start at lower RPMs to begins with and gradually raise the frequency ?

• Corsair Employee

HX series fan works as follows, fan speed is based on temperature/load,

• Below 30% load fan is off

• Between 30% and 50% load fan is set to a fixed speed based on load/temperature

• Above 50% load fan speed increases with load/temperature

thanks. can you tell me where can I contact corsair in EU (customer service) over phone ?

This unit is failing miserably now, i can hear the PSU making noises by just scrolling on my FB page, its getting worse and worse with every day.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but there is no End user support in UK only world wide support is available in USA the number is listed under contact on the main site and you can call the toll free number using SKYPE for free from any where in the world.

I did send them a message and asked them to contact you...

Archived