Corsair Community

Old link commander windows 10 options

Jamesd

Is it possible to get the old link commander unit working on Windows 10? I know the link commander isn't supported on the latest version of the link software but is there anyway to get version 2.7 working on Windows 10?

Thanks for the reply, does that version work with the old commanader? I noticed on the download page it said 2.7 was the latest version that worked with the old commander. I will download it and give it a try.

Thanks for the reply, does that version work with the old commanader? I noticed on the download page it said 2.7 was the latest version that worked with the old commander.

I have 4 x CLCC + 1 x old Link Commander and I also have the a beta release of CL. Dustin has just given me the OK to post:

The post CL 3.2.5695 beta reported all of my 4 x CLCC + 1 x old Link Commander :bigeyes:

Yes, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=794533 for highlights of the whole story of confusion. I suspect you can deduce my true view on CL4 failing to support the old commander.

• Not supporting the old Commander is a strange decision given it takes SIV < 40 lines of C to support it.

Corsair could be far clearer about the CL releases that the old Commander will work with. If you look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=691510 the same post says "10/08/2015 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 3.2.5742 ... Supports the original Commander unit" and "The latest version to support the Commander unit is Link v2.7.5361." :confused:. It's isn't even correct as the old commander works using CL 3.1.5667 :asskick:.

Nice! I installed version CL 3.2.5742 and it seems to be working, well working as well as it ever did before ;)

Its pretty poor that the old commander isn't supported in version 4 though! There never has been 100% software for the old commander and now there never will be.

Thanks for the assistance red-ray :)

Archived