Corsair Community

H80i not recognized in Link - (also SIV question)

Lancevc

Hello,

I have a problem with Corsair H80i being partially recognized or maybe not recognized at all. I'm a noob at everything I'm dealing with here but from what I can see CL recognizes some fans that may be from the H80i as AsusTEk fans (I tried downloading old versions of CL and when they run all these fans besides the GTX980 doesn't show at all).

I also tried the regedit method to change the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled to 0 but I can't find any reg that ends in 0C04. If I was dumb on my hours of searching in google and forums please forgive me :[pouts:.

Either way, there is also an error in SIV when I try to open the "Link Devices" tab which I hope someone can help me understand what is wrong with my setup (once again, I'm really noob at pc hardware configuration). Screenshots of CL, SIV "USB Bus" and "Link Devices" attached.

Edit: I mainly got in this problem when trying to change the LED color of the H80i, so a solution to enable the LED color changer would be the one I want actually.

CL.PNG.c4a4e2f1f7ead390ce0a677a6ff99b4b.PNG

CLdevicelist.PNG.49d99d72def422d3cc7c0e917e7fa264.PNG

USBBus.thumb.PNG.070e109f551b21a4a64467ff00c94a07.PNG

LinkDevice.PNG.88e0219b3543f33c68c3a0cb94236694.PNG

Looking at [uSB Bus] the H80i is not being detected at all so I expect there is a hardware issue. [Link Devices] is essentially reporting that Windows has not detected the H80i. Please confirm this is a H80i and not a H80iGT.

Are the H80i fans spinning?

Check the USB cable, try a different USB cable and/or USB header.

None of the items reported by CL are the H80i.

How is the AX860i connected? I guess using a C-Link cable via the H80i.

SIV works best when it's in C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=803961.

attachment.php?attachmentid=23492&d=1449186661

attachment.php?attachmentid=23497&d=1449240813

Thanks for responding!

It is a H80i. Fans are spinning and the Corsair LED is on.

Tried using a different USB and now it recognizes it but not entirely. I also get an error in Windows saying the same about the last USB connected. Any idea on why it gives me an Unknown USB Device?

Also not entirely sure about how the AX860i is connected in those terms, would that affect how the H80i gets recognized in the system?

Edit: PS: Link Device still gives me the same error.

siv_usbbus2.thumb.PNG.8a5e58d1404eda3ee908cc449fc31589.PNG

Also not entirely sure about how the AX860i is connected in those terms, would that affect how the H80i gets recognized in the system?

There is still a hardware issue. Try power cycling just the H80i.

The H80i issue is not related to the AX860i, I was just wondering why the AX860i was not reported.

Using C:\Program Files\SIV\siv\ is better than before, but rather strange and I feel C:\Program Files\SIV\ would be better.

Ok, power cycled just the H80i but nothing really changed. Also moved the SIV to the recommended location (great software by the way). Thanks anyway for the help red-ray! Not sure what to do, I might deal with this later when I decide to change my pc setup again.

Is there any way for me to set the fan speed besides using CL? Which reminds me to ask about the 2 "ASUSTek" fans recognized in the CL... would these 2 be the H80i fans? They are the loudest thing in my computer so I just assume they are spinning at that speed.

If the H80i does not show up on [uSB Bus] as a Corsair Integrated USB Bridge then there is no way to control fans connected to it. Once it's there it will also be detected by Windows and you could use either CL or SIV to control the fans.

From Device Manager Right/Click on the H80i Device (I expect it is the one with a yellow triangle) and select Uninstall. Next do Scan for Hardware Changes and see what happens.

The "ASUSTek" fans are fans connected to the motherboard fan headers, though I expect one is the H80i pump speed. I expect you could use the BIOS to control the speed of those fans. How many fan headers does the motherboard have and how many fans are connected? I could tell more in you posted the SIV [status] and/or [Cooling] panels.

Some have connected the H80i fans to motherboard fan headers and use the BIOS to control them rather than controlling them via the H80i.

There is in fact a device with a yellow triangle which somehow was not showing before any of this, tried uninstalling it and scanned for hardware changes and it just shows it up again. There are 2 fans (besides the geforce fans and the H80i if that's what you are asking) connected to the motherboard. Attached are the Status and Cooling Status screens.

devicemanager.PNG.c816c6f53d5101fba9f1efb3d803e066.PNG

Status.thumb.PNG.5c8c4c69e99525c894ffa1db607dfb50.PNG

CoolingStatus.PNG.efd81da75529efd4aa3e2a3234a59b10.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=23490&d=1449186643

attachment.php?attachmentid=23514&stc=1&d=1449336794

CL is reporting all the ASUStek fans twice which I feel is to say the least rather confusing. Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421 you will see this is not the first time. I expect 2 CPU Fan 1 is the H80i pump speed.

CL is also failing to report the EC information which includes T3 VRM + T4 PCH + T5 TMP-1 + T6 TMP-2.

The PCI Data Acquisition device is not the H80i though ideally it should have a driver installed. Looking at the Device Manager properties panel [Details] section what is the first of the Hardware Ids? Windows Update may offer to install a driver for it. Thinking some more I suspect it's the Intel X99 Chipset Thermal Subsystem and the ID will start PCI\VID_8086&DEV_8D24&SUBSYS_.

What is listed in the Universal Serial Bus controllers section?

coolingstatus.PNG.0e3337135be55badfc2d467e69203ee8.PNG

Yes, you are correct on the Hardware ID, I know this is not related to the topic but do you have any idea on how to fix that?

About the Universal Serial Bus section on the device manager, I don't see any device with a yellow triangle.

usb_contr_section.PNG.b4216392d65549a7d351fe8ceade911f.PNG

hardware_id.PNG.7cdb7ae3f87a746282b621be37f86a26.PNG

human_interface_devices.PNG.a7f7644111587a2ed1166b2e649626b2.PNG

Ok the X99 driver went good, thanks a lot for the help!

Some good news though (I guess), for some very strange reason the error from the [uSB BUS] panel went away for some time. But right at this moment it came back and there is a device with a yellow triangle in the device manager usb controllers like you said it should have. I have no idea what caused it, was talking to one of my friends in skype and out of nowhere a windows error appeared showing some usb port error. So I went to device manager and there it was. Also the error on the [uSB BUS] panel is back.

I tried doing what you said (uninstalling and scanning for hardware changes) but nothing changed, it just came back after the second I scanned.

usbbus_panel.thumb.PNG.bc4ecd95894c8aaf13cd40f0d897f454.PNG

usb_section2.PNG.21111c1e4fd1c54e9f76afa836394b29.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=23506&d=1449260294

Is the same as in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=821464 so maybe doing as I said in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822229 will help.

All of the H80i + H100i + H110iGT + CLCC are Corsair Integrated USB Bridges (VID_1B1C&PID_0C04).

I am starting too wonder if you have a dodgy connection or USB cable. Have you tried a Mini-USB to USB-A and connecting the H80i to one of the sockets on the rear of the motherboard?

If the name is "X99-PRO" then SIV 5.06 Beta-09 should fix the silly temperatures. Do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it then post new [status] + [Cooling] panels.

Powered down for 3+ minutes after uninstalling. Nothing changed, it's back as is the yellow triangle.

I will have to say though that I find weird you telling me to try a Mini-USB to USB-A and connecting the H80i to one of the sockets on the rear of the motherboard because that's how it was setup originally (I'm not the one that did the building on this pc). Could that be the reason for all this? Should I try installing it in a different way with a different cable?

I will have to say though that I find weird you telling me to try a Mini-USB to USB-A and connecting the H80i to one of the sockets on the rear of the motherboard because that's how it was setup originally (I'm not the one that did the building on this pc). Could that be the reason for all this? Should I try installing it in a different way with a different cable?

Maybe the guy who built the system did this as it was the only way he could get it to work, so yes. When did you change things and was this when the issue started?

Thank you for the Beta screen shots. The changes half worked, but the Embedded Controller (EC) sensors are still missing. Please try again with Beta-10 and also attach the initial screen and Menu->Hardware->H/W Detail->I/O Embedded.

Archived