Corsair Community

The sniper button on the M65 PRO RGB

Janpi

I just bought this mouse, and the first thing I noticed was how the supposedly quite unique sniper button was not affecting my DPI when I held it or pressed it. Using the iCUE software I attempted to find something that needed to be "activated" or something of the like. I managed to change the DPI that would supposedly be switched to when pressing the button, so it obviously recognizes it's existence. I'd like to know if I have misunderstood something simple, but looking around the software, I can't seem to find a way to "activate" the sniper button, do I have to keybind it to it's intended purpose?

Please keep it simple but detailed, as I am rather new to this.

Thank you.

No, you don't need to activate it but it'll also depend on what the current/default DPI is for the mouse as to whether you'll see a difference or not. If, for example, your default DPI is set to, say 600 DPI, you may not see much of a difference between that and the 400 DPI setting for the sniper button.

You can also go into iCUE to the settings for the M65 and see what the DPI settings are (using the DPI tab). This will show you the difference between the currently applied DPI and the sniper button DPI.

No, you don't need to activate it but it'll also depend on what the current/default DPI is for the mouse as to whether you'll see a difference or not. If, for example, your default DPI is set to, say 600 DPI, you may not see much of a difference between that and the 400 DPI setting for the sniper button.

You can also go into iCUE to the settings for the M65 and see what the DPI settings are (using the DPI tab). This will show you the difference between the currently applied DPI and the sniper button DPI.

I appreciate the help, but I think the issue might be more convoluted. My normal DPI is almost ten times higher than my sniper DPI and I am absolutely positive that pressing it makes no difference as of right now. As far as I know, the light on the middle of the mouse should also change color according to the ones I've set, however it does not when I press it. The mouse does not react at all. But when I tried to keybind a macro to the sniper button after trying these things I noticed that the button was functioning, since it registered those inputs and reacted accordingly.

The remap test is what I normally recommend and it appears to have passed. You should also get a color shift to the sniper defined color, but only when in sniper DPI shift. It will not change if the sniper is remaped to another function. The DPI "arrow" should visibly shift from default to the sniper position in the DPI menu.

The only other thing I can think of is the sniper button is somehow roped into the Actions mess on the 3.22.74. No one else has reported it and I can't replicate it on my 3 M65 series mice or the Nightsword that all have this function. What is the DPI level set in the sniper slot?

• 3 months later...
The remap test is what I normally recommend and it appears to have passed. You should also get a color shift to the sniper defined color, but only when in sniper DPI shift. It will not change if the sniper is remaped to another function. The DPI "arrow" should visibly shift from default to the sniper position in the DPI menu.

The only other thing I can think of is the sniper button is somehow roped into the Actions mess on the 3.22.74. No one else has reported it and I can't replicate it on my 3 M65 series mice or the Nightsword that all have this function. What is the DPI level set in the sniper slot?

It has been a while since I posted here, and I figured I would present the end to the story, I apologize for the wait.

As I said I am rather lacking in experience on the subject so I can't tell you why this is, but when I switched over from any and all profiles I had created myself to ONE OF the premade profiles called "M65 RGB ELITE HW" the button started functioning as intended. Since it hasn't acted up since that happened, I have left it as is. When checking back today, it functions like nothing ever happened on new profiles too. With the system functioning as it should, I no longer see a need to question anything regarding it. In the end I do not know quite what was wrong, but the matter is resolved. Thank you for your help earlier.

Hmmm... the "M65 RGB Elite HW" is the hardware save tool for the mouse. It is not a real profile in the traditional sense, but a template to load up actions and lighting and then save it to the device (M65). While that is selected, the actions and lighting assigned in that profile will display and act as they would, as a demonstration. However, as soon as you quit iCUE or reboot next time -- the software will go back to the default profile (whatever is on top). The HW profile cannot be the default profile and it will be skipped when dragged to the top of the list. I am concerned you have temporarily sidestepped the issue.

I am looking for ways this could unintentionally happen and the only things I can identify are: 1) if you set the DPI mode to one where the sniper is identical to your current mouse DPI; or 2) If you create a disable action in the Actions menu; 3) You map another function to the DPI key.