Device Manager/Corsair Link & H100i Issue

Seerx

Hi!

First of all, i already saw the FAQ, but its not help me :(:

Issue:

Device Manager (and ofcourse Corsair Link) do not detect my H100i

What i alredy tried:

1) Reinstall Corsair link. Versions 4.9.4.28 and 4.7.0.77

2) Install Corsair Link after reboot Windows in "Disable Driver Signature Verification" mode

3) Switch all my rest divices from usb 2.0 to usb 3.0 (front and rear) / Unplugge all divices except mouse.

4) Find "Corsair USBXp Driver" via USBDeview or SIV - not detected

5) Check Legacy USB Support and XHCI Handoff - it's Enabled

Do you see any unrecognized devices in USBDeView (or Device Manager, for that matter)?

If not, then there's something going on with the USB connection. You can try plugging it in to a different header or you can use a standard miniUSB cable and route that to a one of the USB ports on your rear IO panel. If you do use a miniUSB cable, take care that it does support data; not all miniUSB cables do - some are power only (for charging things).

Do you see any unrecognized devices in USBDeView (or Device Manager, for that matter)?

If not, then there's something going on with the USB connection. You can try plugging it in to a different header or you can use a standard miniUSB cable and route that to a one of the USB ports on your rear IO panel. If you do use a miniUSB cable, take care that it does support data; not all miniUSB cables do - some are power only (for charging things).

I tried to pluggin it in to every header on my motherboard (Only 3 is possible) - it's not helps. I will try to use standart miniUSB cable. But i have a question - should i use USB2 or USB3 port on rear panel? Thanks.

I tried to pluggin it in to every header on my motherboard (Only 3 is possible) - it's not helps. I will try to use standart miniUSB cable. But i have a question - should i use USB2 or USB3 port on rear panel? Thanks.

It doesn't matter. The pump is USB 2.0 so you won't get any benefit by using USB 3. But USB 3 ports are backwards compatible.

I had my H100i V2 running this way for quite some time. It was, IIRC, plugged into a USB 3 port as well.

It doesn't matter. The pump is USB 2.0 so you won't get any benefit by using USB 3. But USB 3 ports are backwards compatible.

I had my H100i V2 running this way for quite some time. It was, IIRC, plugged into a USB 3 port as well.

Finally, i connected pump throught regular USB-USBmini cable (i use it with mobile HDD) to rear panel - it's not working. Not detected. :(:

I checked USBDeView and SIV, and could't see pump or any other device while connect-disconnect-connect throught regular USB. I add a screenshot - all green connections are mouse and keyboard - if i disconnect them, them are dissapearing.

Pump usb connection is failed?

pic.thumb.jpg.1d8542e98f791ed6d05d05d8a87b44f5.jpg

Hey there ... didn't see your response. I see that there are a bunch of disconnected items in USBDeView ... but you aren't showing the VID and PID in that screen shot so we can't see if any of those are for the cooler. This would indicate that it had been detected at some point, even though its disconnected now.

Now ... as long as you are sure that the external USB connector is a data connector (can you access a hard drive with it, for example?) then it looks like the USB controller on the pump has gone out. :( I'm assuming that the CPU temps that you're seeing are OK, right? This would indicate that the pump itself is OK ... just the connection isn't.

Hey there ... didn't see your response. I see that there are a bunch of disconnected items in USBDeView ... but you aren't showing the VID and PID in that screen shot so we can't see if any of those are for the cooler. This would indicate that it had been detected at some point, even though its disconnected now.

Now ... as long as you are sure that the external USB connector is a data connector (can you access a hard drive with it, for example?) then it looks like the USB controller on the pump has gone out. :( I'm assuming that the CPU temps that you're seeing are OK, right? This would indicate that the pump itself is OK ... just the connection isn't.

Yeap, temps and pump are good. But i can't change LED and fanspeed without CorsairLink. I can correct fanspeed if i connect it in to motherboard, not in to pump. It's not the Jedi way.

Yeap, temps and pump are good. But i can't change LED and fanspeed without CorsairLink. I can correct fanspeed if i connect it in to motherboard, not in to pump. It's not the Jedi way.

Definitely agree that it's not the Jedi way.

Question: in USBDeView, do any of the disconnected items have a Vendor ID of 1b1c (that's Corsair, btw) and a Product ID of 0c09 (H100i V2)?

Definitely agree that it's not the Jedi way.

Question: in USBDeView, do any of the disconnected items have a Vendor ID of 1b1c (that's Corsair, btw) and a Product ID of 0c09 (H100i V2)?

Nope. There is no 1b1c in VendorID and no 0c09 in ProductID (but H100i first version) in USBDeView.

Nope. There is no 1b1c in VendorID and no 0c09 in ProductID (but H100i first version) in USBDeView.

You have the original H100i, not the V2? Then the product id should be 0c043c. Is that in USBDeView? Is it enabled? If not, can you try to enable it?

hey divbiker i connect corsair rhey had me do a RMA he said he would have me try switching my pump cable and see if that helps if not ill have to change the whole thing again for the 3rd time i have the H115i pro and having the same issues as SEERX so ill se been tryin everything for weeks now

hey divbiker i connect corsair rhey had me do a RMA he said he would have me try switching my pump cable and see if that helps if not ill have to change the whole thing again for the 3rd time i have the H115i pro and having the same issues as SEERX so ill se been tryin everything for weeks now

Yes, try switching the cable ... you can use an external cable as well and route to a USB port on your I/O shield.

You can also use USBDeView to see what's going on with the USB connections. Do you see the driver in Device Manager? Can you reset it there? If that is happening frequently, you make want to look for something that's causing a conflict with Link and accessing the device.

From there, also take a look in your BIOS and make sure that Legacy USB Support and XHCI Handoff are both enabled. This seems to have done the trick for several folks. (Need to add that to the FAQ ... heading over there now).

i use the USBdeview and i see the commander pro but i dont see my corsair H115i pro the legacy and the XHCI are both enable i contact corsair n put in a RMA ticket and also talk to the tech he said it could be a cable and would try to send me a cable if not ill have to replace the entire unit for the 2nd time which i dont mind at all

You have the original H100i, not the V2? Then the product id should be 0c043c. Is that in USBDeView? Is it enabled? If not, can you try to enable it?

Yes, original H100i. But there is no 0c043c product id/vendor id in USBDeView. :(:

And more ... Yesterday I took a computer with another motherboard on Z68 chipset. I have been trying to connect my H100i without uninstall from my system (it was always ON) to this computer throught USBmini (in pump) to USB regular (cable are using with HDD). I connect / disconnect H100i, reboot or not, but see only one thing - there is no 0c043c in USBDeView and no unregistered / hiden device in Device Manager.

What shall i try anothing alse?

Archived