Corsair Community

HX750 Warranty and Liability Questions

Bucktail2

Hello, recently my HX750 PSU finally kicked the bucket. I was playing a 2D sidescroller game that is far from taxing on my current system and suddenly I saw a flash of light come from my case where the power supply is seated and my computer shut off. I've had my current build for 2.5 years and I've never had any other problems with my computer except for having to replace the CMOS battery a couple months ago. Upon further investigation I can see the PSU no longer works. I did the paperclip test with no luck and I tried it with a single cooling fan plugged in and the fans did not turn on but I did hear a faint click noise a second after I hit the power switch on my dead PSU. I tried that PSU in a another working computer setup and it did the same thing and it didn't power on that computer. I then tried my sister's working HX650 in my computer and my motherboard would not power on(The LEDs would not turn on, no fans, no response from the power button, etc). I made sure all the cords were connected properly and tried to start up my computer with a single stick of ram and the cpu hooked up but nothing was receiving power which leads me to think the motherboard is fried. I do know that when a power supply finally goes in the fashion that mine did it is possible for it to take out the motherboard along with it.

So my questions are:

1) The warranty period for my specific PSU is 7 years and I've only had it for 2.5 years, would I be able to recieve a new/refurbished PSU?

2) Because it seems the PSU took my motherboard and potentially other parts with it, does the current warranty cover those damages or am I out of luck in that regard?

• Corsair Employee

1) The warranty period for my specific PSU is 7 years and I've only had it for 2.5 years, would I be able to recieve a new/refurbished PSU?

2.5 < 7, so yes.

2) Because it seems the PSU took my motherboard and potentially other parts with it, does the current warranty cover those damages or am I out of luck in that regard?

You can file for a damage claim, but be prepared to send any/all parts you think might be damaged in with the PSU.

Archived