Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2019, 05:21 AM
gcseed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019939
gcseed Reputation: 10
Default [3.20.80]Commander Pro Performance Tab Missing

Hi Guys,

I realized that my performance tab is missing from the commander pro sometimes in the iCUE app. It is there sometimes when I start up the computer, and it's gone most of the times. I have reinstalled my windows 10 pro a few times, and it is the same result. I am currently running a custom loop with 3 fans and a pump connected to the fan controllers, and I tried disconnecting them and trying new fans, but still no luck. I have reconnected all the cables and now I can only imagine it's a software problem... Please help! Thanks a lot! Here are some screenshots too:

Best,
GCSEED
Attached Images
File Type: png 20191002_021318_iCUE.png (865.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png 20191002_021345_iCUE.png (300.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-02-2019, 06:13 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019946
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Any other monitoring programs active? Aida, HWiNFO, etc.?

Unrelated, if you are using PWM fans, change the Commander Pro setting from Auto to 4 pin. That will eliminate the 100% fan test on boot.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019960
Mussels Reputation: 10

hwinfo does this, close it down and restart the corsair service and it'll reappear

i've reported it with a support ticket and been ignored (and in general been treated rudely when i reported it here on the forum too, because people confused it with different issues)
Old 10-02-2019, 01:17 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019982
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
hwinfo does this, close it down and restart the corsair service and it'll reappear

i've reported it with a support ticket and been ignored (and in general been treated rudely when i reported it here on the forum too, because people confused it with different issues)
There really isn't anything that Corsair can do. If you use HWInfo, you should disable Corsair Link/Asetek support AND disable the persistent driver. HWInfo interferes with iCUE. As Corsair doesn't make HWInfo, they can't change it. Fortunately, you can turn it off.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020021
Mussels Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
There really isn't anything that Corsair can do. If you use HWInfo, you should disable Corsair Link/Asetek support AND disable the persistent driver. HWInfo interferes with iCUE. As Corsair doesn't make HWInfo, they can't change it. Fortunately, you can turn it off.
it still crashes WITH those disabled. This is the problem i've been reporting and getting ignored/treated rudely over.
You do those steps, it doesn't fix it. The commander pro/corsair service crashes and stays crashed unless you know to manually reset the service. Quitting icue doesn't fix it, restarting the PC doesnt fix it. ONLY restarting the service.

Corsair service crashes when a third party program is ran.
This is corsairs problem. Not HWinfo. No you cant turn it off.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:56 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020032
DevBiker Reputation: 88

So ...
HWInfo is accessing Corsair's hardware. Now, they (at HWInfo) know that these hardware devices run in exclusive mode (one app can access them).
And somehow it's Corsair's problem?
For the record, all of the Asetek coolers have this same problem. ALL of them.

I run HWInfo regularly, by the way. Don't have this issue with either of my CoPros.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Last edited by DevBiker; 10-03-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Tags
bug, icue, performance