Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2019, 01:46 PM
raywmp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006898
raywmp Reputation: 10
Default iCue Cannot Detect Both Vengeance RGB Pro and Non-Pro RAM

I installed both Vengeance RGB Pro and Non-Pro version of RAM sticks in the same system, but iCue cannot detect anyone of it. The software works fine if I only install Pro version or only install Non-Pro version of it.
Both of them are stated to be compatible with iCue.

Does anyone face the same issue as mine? And please, cloud anyone help me?

Details:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF X299 MARK 1
RAM: CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 (RGB PRO)
RAM: CMR32GX4M2C3200C16 (RGB)
iCue: 3.16.56
Note: Asus Arua Sync is NOT installed

I tried to turn the debug logging of iCue and I found that iCue has thrown tons of the following same error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<GetLedDevices>b__31(DramLedDeviceBase d)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<GetLedDevices>d__33.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<InternalAccept>d__1c.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()
at CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()
Old 06-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1006925
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

General compatibility issues can occur if mixing different kits of RAM together. We suggest using only a single kit of RAM when attempting to use iCUE control. Also, if you are using other monitoring software, this may be conflicting.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:38 PM
raywmp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006959
raywmp Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
General compatibility issues can occur if mixing different kits of RAM together. We suggest using only a single kit of RAM when attempting to use iCUE control. Also, if you are using other monitoring software, this may be conflicting.
I just want to upgrade my PC but I cannot find any Non-Pro version in the market now.

I am disappointed because the official website said both of them are compatible with iCue although it does not state clearly they are compatible at the same time. But it is also unacceptable for the users if iCue only compatible either a Corsair keyboard or a Corsair mouse but not both of them.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1007183
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

They are both compatible with iCUE, but issues can occur when mixing kits, which is generally true of all RAM. It isn't a CUE compatibility issue, these two kits just don't work well together.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:49 AM
Rides Kangaroo to work
Dingo89's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007227
Dingo89 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raywmp View Post
I just want to upgrade my PC but I cannot find any Non-Pro version in the market now.

I am disappointed because the official website said both of them are compatible with iCue although it does not state clearly they are compatible at the same time. But it is also unacceptable for the users if iCue only compatible either a Corsair keyboard or a Corsair mouse but not both of them.
iCue will be compatible with a keyboard and mouse no problem.

Your issue lies in mixing memory kits. There is a general rule when building/upgrading a PC - not to mix memory. It is understandable that iCue does not support mixing kits. As nice as it would be, it would not make sense to go against general PC building/upgrading rules.

I tested this earlier in the week. Expecting issues, but for the sake of curiosity and entertainment. Here's my notes;

Kit 1 - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz CAS15
Kit 2 - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200Mhz CAS16

BIOS was not having a good time. Had to reset BIOS with one kit in, and turn off XMP. Manually set RAM to 1.35v/2133Mhz/CAS15.

After a LOT of screwing around in BIOS and iCue, I managed to get all four sticks lit up, but stick 1 was not changing with iCue settings. Sticks 2/3/4 behaved relatively well.

I ended up with 1 stick lit up, then 2, then 1, then 3, then 4 after a firmware update (NEVER DO THIS WITH MISMATCHED RAM).

Then back down to 2 sticks lit up, sticks 2/3.

TL;DR - If you want things to work well, sell both of your kits and get a single, 4 stick kit of matched RAM. Do NOT mix RAM. I've got plenty of experience, and this was a fun little personal experiment knowing full well the risks involved.

Corsair's iCue software not supported mixed RAM makes perfect sense. Again, annoying in a way, but makes sense. Whilst I can understand the frustration, it's a very rare circumstance that someone would want to mix RAM and heatspreader style, especially with RGB involved.