The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2017, 12:38 AM

POST ID # = 923382
Echelon730 Reputation: 10
Default VOID Wireless issues with Windows Spatial Sound

I am trying to get Dolby Atmos to run on my Void wireless headset. One of the key things that is required is to enable spatial sound with in windows. Other headsets and headphones work. However the void wireless does not. z

My questions are
1. Will Dolby Atmos come to CUE software in the future (because is AMAZING)
2. Is there a way to enable Spatial Sound for the Void Wireless?
3. If there are any wired void users have you tried this? If so did you have success?

Last edited by Echelon730; 10-16-2017 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Dolby, Void, Wireless, Atmos, Surround

Old 10-19-2017, 07:51 AM

POST ID # = 923810
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

1. Unlikely if CUE already comes with Dolby drivers. Though whether the option to enable spatial sound will come, i'm not too sure.

2. Tried using the generic Microsoft USB audio drivers instead of the CUE drivers? Did it reenable the options?

Old 10-21-2017, 10:48 AM

POST ID # = 924026
Mranere Reputation: 10

I had the same problem. I rolled my drivers back to the 7/27/2017 v10.0.15063.502 drivers and the spatial sound option was back again.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:03 AM

POST ID # = 987890
The_Senate_66 Reputation: 10

How did you roll back the driver?

Old 01-02-2019, 04:50 AM

POST ID # = 987902
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

You can switch drivers using Device Manager.

Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Right click Corsair VOID > Update Drivers > Browse >Let me plck... > USB Audio device.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:21 PM
wvkreg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996381
wvkreg Reputation: 10

doesnt work

Old 04-30-2019, 06:59 PM

POST ID # = 1003138
caveman19 Reputation: 10

It seems as though the ability to roll back this driver with iCUE installed has been disabled.

I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...

Old 04-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003141
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman19 View Post
It seems as though the ability to roll back this driver with iCUE installed has been disabled.

I noticed that it is also not possible to change the multi-channel configuration of the headset either. Once iCUE is installed it thinks that the headset is an 8 channel device and takes over completely.

I would really like to see this fixed for Dolby Atoms and would also like to see the ability to change the multi-channel configuration as well in the future. There is only one driver in each ear, not sure why I can't pick a 2-channel configuration for music listening etc...
Our headsets are not compatible with Dolby Atmos nor does it support multi channel configurations.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:41 PM

POST ID # = 1009179
NOTanotherACC Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Notepad View Post
Our headsets are not compatible with Dolby Atmos nor does it support multi channel configurations.
well, so you sold me an cheap 25$ headset for 125$ and while its comfortable as ****, the audio-quality and also the options and settings in your RGBloatware are not even worth a joke...
with EQ-science and dolby disabled it sounds atleast like generic office headsets.... but the damn software you forced on me.... there is not a single option to alter with dolby or sound in general... EQ and thats it about sound... just discodiscoRGBullshice but NOT A SINGLE USEFULL DOLBY SETTING NOT ONE xD

Old 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM
dukeofhurl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010401
dukeofhurl Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTanotherACC View Post
well, so you sold me an cheap 25$ headset for 125$ and while its comfortable as ****, the audio-quality and also the options and settings in your RGBloatware are not even worth a joke...
with EQ-science and dolby disabled it sounds atleast like generic office headsets.... but the damn software you forced on me.... there is not a single option to alter with dolby or sound in general... EQ and thats it about sound... just discodiscoRGBullshice but NOT A SINGLE USEFULL DOLBY SETTING NOT ONE xD

PREACH (ten characters required to reply)

Tags
atmos, dolby, surround, void, wireless