The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 10:13 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725454
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Yeah.... not really a restriction. More like an oversight. The PM at the time didn't think to add it as a feature and adding it would have added to the cost, soooo..... I hear the next digital solutions may allow it, but that who knows when that's coming along and it doesn't help you now.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Neroz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725510
Neroz Reputation: 10

jonnyguru

I'm in the carousel of doing a third rma on the ax1200i because of the fan clicking noise.
Have had 2 now that had the same awful clicking noise.
I'm about to try a third rma.

What lot nr should i ask for that this problem is fixed?
or is it revision?
Can i could ask them to send any of the new ones that doesn't have this problem.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:52 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725529
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

I don't have the lot numbers yet. I'll post when I have them.

FYI: The first four numbers of your serial number is the manufacture date (i.e. "lot code").

Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725581
GPU Reputation: 10

For reference, my PSU has lot code 1415.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 726774

Hi Jonny, did Corsair get back to you with those lot codes?

I looked into it and it turns out that I can indeed use the Sale of Goods Act to force Ebuyer into a refund. This is because within 6 months if the item doesn't meet it's description, it's up to the retailer to prove that it wasn't faulty when I bought it. After 6 months the burden of proof reverses so I need to act quickly. The Ebuyer web page clearly promotes the silent mode as a selling feature, so my clicking unit certainly doesn't meet that description.

It's less than 6 months old, so I can use this to my advantage by asking for a PSU with a lot code greater than the minimum one for the fixed versions or a refund if they can't supply it, hence I need those lot codes.

If I get a refund, I'll just get an AX1500i which I very much doubt will have this problem. Oh and I'll check it out straight away.

Looking at this forum, I'm seeing a lot of complaints for the AX1200i many of which have been posted recently, which makes me wonder if there have been production problems with them?

Last edited by GPU; 09-10-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:28 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 726775

Still waiting.... Hopefully I'll have something soon.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 726777

Thanks Jonny.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:53 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 727371

Unfortunately, I have NOT been able to get the proper lot code. The PCN was never actually documented. I've emailed the engineers asking for a solution....

Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 727379

That's a shame, but thankyou very much for trying and letting us know.

I'll wait a bit longer for the engineers, but if there's no solution, I'll just get my money back off Ebuyer.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 728846

Jonny, it looks like those engineers never got back to you then?

I'm going to have log that RMA with Ebuyer in a couple of days then without any help from Corsair.

It would have really helped their customers if Corsair would have officially acknowledged this problem and issued a recall or firmware update. I see that instead they've not even documented the problem from the lack of a PCN or got back to you. This is really crap customer service from them frankly and I'm not impressed. It's made significantly worse by the fact that this is a top of the range product from them.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 AM

POST ID # = 729516
Lukeroge Reputation: 10

I had this issue with an AX760i and I just asked them to replace it with newer HX850i. Technically lower end, but it does the job and doesn't have any such issues as far as I can tell. It also has a newer fancier custom FDB fan, instead of the disappointing Yate Loon fan they stuck on the AXi series, so it should be quieter anyway. RMA is still processing, so I wont know for a while yet!

Also @jonnyguru, you responded to my thread and said the AXi series never had this problem, but now you say it does? What changed man :P

Edit: The AX1500i is does not have this issue, it's a newer unit and has a version of the new FDB fan.

Last edited by Lukeroge; 09-23-2014 at 07:30 AM.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:08 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729650

I lied. No.. just kidding.

The problem may be isolated to a small percentage as opposed to the GS and TX which almost all had this issue. I personally use the AX860i and have never seen this issue (and mine is mounted at the bottom of the case with the fan pointed up, so I would know). At the time I replied, I was not aware that this was a problem and what was causing it. Sorry for the misinformation.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:10 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729697

Any luck with those engineers?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:41 AM

POST ID # = 729756
Lukeroge Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
I lied. No.. just kidding.

The problem may be isolated to a small percentage as opposed to the GS and TX which almost all had this issue. I personally use the AX860i and have never seen this issue (and mine is mounted at the bottom of the case with the fan pointed up, so I would know). At the time I replied, I was not aware that this was a problem and what was causing it. Sorry for the misinformation.
All good mate! Hopefully they finish processing my RMA (#6503447) and get my new PSU to me soon.

As for GPU, good luck with the problem and I hope they get you a fixed one ASAP - I know how annoying that noise is, especially when you make a silent system.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Harcore PC Gamer
GPU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729992

Thanks Lukeroge. I'm going to go for a full refund under the UK Sale of Goods Act and will be buying the AX1500i once I've got it. If that's no good, then it will be the last Corsair PSU I buy in a long time, but I don't think it will come to that.