The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Legacy Corsair Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2015, 07:38 AM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781012
stevvie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We saw this occur randomly during testing and when we ran a utility to capture what was going on that triggered the profile switch, we found that it was related to pop-ups. For example, when anyone ever got an instant message and got system taskbar pop-ups, it would actually momentarily switch to explorer and hence why the profile changes. This also occured on systems that was using windows without CD-keys and got that annoying reminder.

I would double check to ensure nothing like that is happening since we were never able to see a scenario where the profile switches by itself without something to trigger it (doesn't mean its impossible though).
I see this too on my system but CUE does NOT then auto switch back. I have a profile for firefox and if anything else steals focus even for a millisecond then it goes back to the defult profile and doesn't auto change back to the firefox one even though the firefox window is in focus and active (and I'm clicking on links in that window). I guess it's because cue looks only at the .exe and not the windows/process as capturing the window/process would be much more reliable.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:05 AM
ScarletStreak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781117
ScarletStreak Reputation: 10

So I've found out that in my case, the thing that is stealing focus from my game (yet not causing it to minimize) is ipmgui.exe from avast (free). Although I've found ways to disable the actual popup, the .exe still launches for a split second and steals focus which causes the keyboard to switch to default/desktop profile (as well as pull input function from the game; i.e. holding W -> ipmgui.exe launches -> profile switches and my character stops walking).

Edit: I've uninstalled Avira and started using BitDefender

Last edited by ScarletStreak; 05-30-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM
digitalphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 781128
digitalphy Reputation: 10

Have you tried making sure the auto profile switching has a tick by it.

In the notification area (right side task bar) right click, on C,U,E scroll down the manual switch profile's and make sure you have a tick on auto profiles switching (at the bottom).
I known People to miss that :) hope it help's

Old 07-14-2015, 12:49 PM
maap's PC Specs

POST ID # = 789426
maap Reputation: 10

OMG
Quote:
have you enabled Automatic Profile by right clicking the Corsair system taskbar icon
That was my problem. Not sure how it got "unchecked". Has worked fine for the last month then all of a sudden no switching. Went through every tab and setting in the software. Couldn't figure out why the switching wasn't taking place. Re-did my profiles numerous times. Was driving me nutts. Read this post and sure enough, it was unchecked on the task bar icon which is normally hidden from view...

Please, Please, put it in the actual program/software settings too. Forgot totally about that silly icon. Most of the icons in the tray do nothing of significance, except for this one. I won't get burned again by it, but others might.
Sound Blaster ZxR / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 / SeaSonic X-1250 Power Supply / Win 10 Pro x64 (1709)

Old 12-12-2015, 11:54 AM
real_esh's PC Specs

POST ID # = 825220
real_esh Reputation: 10
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I'll check with our validations lab to see if this can be replicated. All of you have enabled Automatic Profile by right clicking the Corsair system taskbar icon right?
I already have it checked, but still it wont switch automatically between all my programs
please help

Old 12-13-2015, 01:37 AM
beyoann's PC Specs

POST ID # = 825328
beyoann Reputation: 10

if not switching for some program it mean, check the path of the program (sometimes it s another than we thought, look on the task manager etc... )

and just to be sure...

Old 05-17-2016, 09:04 AM
ObelixII's PC Specs

POST ID # = 852684
ObelixII Reputation: 10

Holy ****! 1 year later and this is still not changed. I had to search for some time before i found this post. Automatic profile switching should be set as the default. And please put the option in the main menu of CUE, right now it is hidden behind 4 clicks in the taskbar. Many people will think that the profile switching is broken although thats not the case.
Quote:
For me, activating the Automatic Profile Switching fixed it for me. As I stated in another post, you should put this option to activate Auto Profile Switch elsewhere in the software as well, in the Settings section itself, or maybe give the option to activate it when you edit/create a profile and set a path. Maybe give it a permanently fixed position in the task bar menu, I never even saw it because it was at the bottom of the profile list I have and had to scroll down to see it.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Kaliaila's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996162
Kaliaila Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObelixII View Post
Holy ****! 1 year later and this is still not changed. I had to search for some time before i found this post. Automatic profile switching should be set as the default. And please put the option in the main menu of CUE, right now it is hidden behind 4 clicks in the taskbar. Many people will think that the profile switching is broken although thats not the case.
Excepting that it is happening to me and others, still, where we had previously been using it, and all of the settings are correct for it to be used but the automatic switching does not happen.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:15 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 996181
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliaila View Post
Excepting that it is happening to me and others, still, where we had previously been using it, and all of the settings are correct for it to be used but the automatic switching does not happen.
This thread pertains to CUE 1. If you are having issues with profile switching, start a new thread either here for CUE 2 or in the iCUE section for CUE 3.xx.