The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Headz Headz is offline
Registered User
Headz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 1017186
Headz Reputation: 10
Default H100i Platinum SE "proper" quiet preset

Hi,
will there be a "proper" quiet preset added to the above cooler. As the current "quiet" preset is way too loud. A preset where pump spins at 1100rpm (like in the H100i pro) is what I'm talking about here. So one more preset is needed for the above pump. Thanks.
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:29 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,629
POST ID # = 1017188
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

They already added a third lower speed several firmware updates back (2000 rpm). I suspect if it was viable to make it lower, they would have done so at that time.
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 09-06-2019, 11:38 PM
PJH's Avatar
PJH PJH is offline
Registered User
PJH's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 213
POST ID # = 1017209
PJH Reputation: 20
Default

Hey, hey!

You should really just hit the + under Performance and create a custom curve, then base it off your AIOs cooler temp.
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 09-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Headz Headz is offline
Registered User
Headz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 1017249
Headz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
They already added a third lower speed several firmware updates back (2000 rpm). I suspect if it was viable to make it lower, they would have done so at that time.
Oh ok, but this is not enough I'm talking about getting the pump noise to silent which they managed to achive on the H100i PRO. I don't understand why this is not available with newer/better product.
They've actually just released a new firmware 2 days ago and lowered down rpms for quiet from ~1950 to ~1915, balanced from ~2400 to ~2300 and not sure about extreme as I never touch it as its so loud. Sorry but 1915 is still not quiet. Could you please release 1100RPM preset so people can finally have a quiet system because the only thing making noise in my system is the pump nothing else.
When buying the product I would've never guessed this would be so loud. With liquid cooler you should achieve both cool & quiet. For the moment its only cool. Let people choose to have it quiet aswell and its going to be top product.
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Headz Headz is offline
Registered User
Headz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 1017250
Headz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
Hey, hey!

You should really just hit the + under Performance and create a custom curve, then base it off your AIOs cooler temp.
Yes I know that but you can only manage "FANS" speed not the pump speed. I've got that done and my fans don't go more than ~700RPM on IDLE before hitting 40C. Pump speed is the problem here, as you can only choose from 3 modes/presets: quiet, balanced or extreme. The problem here is the quiet preset which is nowhere close to be quiet. Since when 1900RPM is quiet. Set your case fan to 1900RPM and see what happens. That's why the pump makes so much noise but they should've made it possible like with H100i PRO to add 1100RPM preset to finally have a QUIET system.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 09-07-2019, 10:33 AM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,629
POST ID # = 1017254
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headz View Post
Oh ok, but this is not enough I'm talking about getting the pump noise to silent which they managed to achive on the H100i PRO. I don't understand why this is not available with newer/better product.
Yes, I understand what you are talking about. However, you are making several assumptions. 1) That it is possible or feasible to lower to pump speed further without consequence. Each of these coolers is partnership product and whenever you have two companies involved, don't expect proprietary engineering data to be readily available. Making changes is going to be complicated when there is likely additional guarantees made between the two companies as to how costs are handled. 2) The Pro series is manufactured with a different partner and is a different product. However, I certainly would not view it as the superior product because it was released 6 months later. It is a different flavor. People complained the Pro is too slow/not enough performance. People complained the fans are not RGB. Those things come at a cost. So here is a "Platinum model" with higher speeds, different cold plate, and RGB fans that sells at a higher price point.

I was a little miffed when Platinum line came out. However that last about a week before I realized I absolutely had the right one for me with a H115i Pro. You can certainly write feedback about your experiences with the Platinum and let them know you think the Platinum's lowest pump speed is not low enough or that you don't like the tone of the pump motor. My first reply was to suggest you not get your hopes up for change. I don't think it is coming. Regardless your feedback may help make more precise design decisions in the future.
Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 09-07-2019, 01:23 PM
Headz Headz is offline
Registered User
Headz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 1017272
Headz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Yes, I understand what you are talking about. However, you are making several assumptions. 1) That it is possible or feasible to lower to pump speed further without consequence. Each of these coolers is partnership product and whenever you have two companies involved, don't expect proprietary engineering data to be readily available. Making changes is going to be complicated when there is likely additional guarantees made between the two companies as to how costs are handled. 2) The Pro series is manufactured with a different partner and is a different product. However, I certainly would not view it as the superior product because it was released 6 months later. It is a different flavor. People complained the Pro is too slow/not enough performance. People complained the fans are not RGB. Those things come at a cost. So here is a "Platinum model" with higher speeds, different cold plate, and RGB fans that sells at a higher price point.

I was a little miffed when Platinum line came out. However that last about a week before I realized I absolutely had the right one for me with a H115i Pro. You can certainly write feedback about your experiences with the Platinum and let them know you think the Platinum's lowest pump speed is not low enough or that you don't like the tone of the pump motor. My first reply was to suggest you not get your hopes up for change. I don't think it is coming. Regardless your feedback may help make more precise design decisions in the future.
Yea, I got that but shame really to have those flaws. Its good product but flawed because of pump speed restrictions. When you think about it why not even add 5 preset speeds for pump or more or just ultimately add an option to set a custom speed within a certain given range. That would probably make most people happy. At least we would have a choice and then setting the pump on proper quiet mode but if you need more cooling just bump radiator fan speeds a tiny bit and you are there. Cool & Quiet.
Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 09-08-2019, 07:30 PM
c-attack c-attack is offline
Registered User
c-attack's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9,629
POST ID # = 1017406
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107
Default

Fan speed is more relevant in terms of performance and higher pump speeds on AIO units don't often result in great returns. However, there is most definitely a flow rate point where things decline quickly. I don't know where that is on the Platinum coolers, but we do know 1100 rpm is below that point on the Pro series. Additionally, the assumption is that -100 rpm pump speed will result in dB decrease of X. However, sound/loudness levels and perception of it are rarely linear. It is very much possible 1600 rpm doesn't result in a meaningful decrease in loudness, but does have some meaningful impact on flow rate performance.

There were a lot more complaints about this when the minimum speed was 2300 rpm. Corsair did respond and add the third speed preset at 2000. You kind of have to wonder why not make it 1700 or a more even in interval with the other speed presets. It doesn't seem like a big deal to go from 2300 to 2000 and that is why I have to wonder if there were other overriding factors. Anyway, it is good to let them know you prefer these units have a true low/quiet speed. The Pro goes much lower than any prior AIO from Corsair. Perhaps there will be more like that.
Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 09-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Headz Headz is offline
Registered User
Headz's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 8
POST ID # = 1017539
Headz Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Fan speed is more relevant in terms of performance and higher pump speeds on AIO units don't often result in great returns. However, there is most definitely a flow rate point where things decline quickly. I don't know where that is on the Platinum coolers, but we do know 1100 rpm is below that point on the Pro series. Additionally, the assumption is that -100 rpm pump speed will result in dB decrease of X. However, sound/loudness levels and perception of it are rarely linear. It is very much possible 1600 rpm doesn't result in a meaningful decrease in loudness, but does have some meaningful impact on flow rate performance.

There were a lot more complaints about this when the minimum speed was 2300 rpm. Corsair did respond and add the third speed preset at 2000. You kind of have to wonder why not make it 1700 or a more even in interval with the other speed presets. It doesn't seem like a big deal to go from 2300 to 2000 and that is why I have to wonder if there were other overriding factors. Anyway, it is good to let them know you prefer these units have a true low/quiet speed. The Pro goes much lower than any prior AIO from Corsair. Perhaps there will be more like that.
Yes I agree 100% with the pump speed. Theres so negligible diffrenece between 1900rpm and 2300rpm and even less between 2300rpm and the extreme 2800rpm. More important here is radiator fans really.
Regarding the 2300rpm preset as the lowest one, that must have been crazy. What are they thinking that we want to have so noisy system. That's not the idea here isn't it? Cool & quiet is what this product should produce or at least give us an option to make it either. If we want it to be cooler we can ramp up the radiator fans but on IDLE at least system would be silent.
Another thing is their marketing and how they advertise they products on their own website. There's not a single mention of how loud the pump is and respective modes (rpms) it works at. At least its not under specification tab. The only thing they give you is fans noise which I can fully control but nothing regarding the pump speed and noise where I'm force to 3 modes.
And the intervals you are talking about. Exactly why not let customers give more options here. Like 5 modes or custom mode where you specify pump speed within a given possible range. It blows my mind especially knowing that their other product has 1100rpms mode but I had to buy that "white" one as my whole build is white. Crap :/
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.