Corsair Community

HD120's Led Issue

Blackmartin

So I've had my new computer build for about 5 months now, everything has been installed with no issues with 6 HD120 fans and my Corsair Commander Pro. All the sudden 2 days ago I turned on the computer and the back 3 Fans aren't displaying the lights correctly.

I did a full iCue software update and full update / reinstall of the firmware to my k95 platinum, sabre, void headset, h150ipro, vengeance rgb pro, and commander pro to ensure nothing was causing the issue. Since doing the software update my iCue now gives me a warning at the bottom left to restart the computer to complete the install, no matter how many times I shut down or reset it still displays this warning next time I open the program.

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the Commander Pro itself, maybe the wiring, or one of the fans is possibly causing the issue? The strangest thing is it seems to stop after about an hour of the computer being on, and then comes back when I turn it back on after a cold boot. Where should I start to diagnose this problem. For reference in the video my setting profiles are supposed to be static green, marquee with red/white/blue, and just normal software Rainbow Wave

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Blackmartin

So.. to cancel out a fan being an issue

Assuming you have the fans plugged in with the bottom front one being number 1 and heading up and over to the back with the exhaust being 6.. fans 3 and 4,, front top and top front.. any change if you swap them around at the RGB Fan LED Hub?

or indeed if you swap fans 1,2,3 with 4,5,6. does the problem stay with the fans or stay with the ports they are plugged into?..

the fans are a chain.. break a link and the fans further down the chain won't play ball..

looks more a software issue to me.. but have seen a dodgy fan do some strange things over time.....

So.. to cancel out a fan being an issue

Assuming you have the fans plugged in with the bottom front one being number 1 and heading up and over to the back with the exhaust being 6.. fans 3 and 4,, front top and top front.. any change if you swap them around at the RGB Fan LED Hub?

or indeed if you swap fans 1,2,3 with 4,5,6. does the problem stay with the fans or stay with the ports they are plugged into?..

the fans are a chain.. break a link and the fans further down the chain won't play ball..

looks more a software issue to me.. but have seen a dodgy fan do some strange things over time.....

So I took some time to take this apart, and it does seem to be a problem with Fan number 4 (top/front). When this fan is removed from the chain al the fans behind it work just fine. Fan #4 also has the same issue / symptons when moved into other slots on the LED controller.

Am I able to RMA a single fan if I bought two 3 packs of the HD120's? I've only had the fan about 5 months now. Kind of sucky it's already gone bad.